2500 tournament winner list

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Pepa
Trainee Warrior

2500 tournament winner list

Post by Pepa »

Hi all,i don't post to much here,but i read it often
So just came from international tournament in Zagreb Croatia were i won :)
here is the list, i will post battle report later
(there was some AC,like 0-1 Hydra, max 4PD to cast spell, and +2PD max to gain after winds of magic, PoD could give +3PD)
5 games played,many scenarios,2 where played without standard victory points-u needed to obtain victory by deploying more units into his zone and other was blood and glory

1 Supreme Sorceress @ 320.0 Pts
Magic Level 4; Lore of Dark Magic
Lifetaker
Dispel Scroll
Dragonbane Gem

1 Dreadlord @ 291.0 Pts
General; Great Weapon
Armour of Darkness
Pendant of Khaeleth
Crown of Command
1 Dark Pegasus Pts

1 Death Hag @ 225.0 Pts
Poison Attacks; Cauldron of Blood; Frenzy; 2ndWeapon; Battle Standard
1 Cauldron of Blood

1 Master @ 190.0 Pts
Lance; Heavy Armour; Shield
Cloak of Hag Graef
Ring of Hotek
1 Dark Pegasus

20 Dark Elf Repeater Crossbowmen @ 235.0 Pts
Rptr Crossbow; Light Armour; Shield; Standard; Musician

20 Dark Elf Repeater Crossbowmen @ 235.0 Pts
Rptr Crossbow; Light Armour; Shield; Standard; Musician

10 Black Ark Corsairs @ 163.0 Pts
Frenzy; 2ndWeapon; Light Armour; Sea Dragon Cloak; Standard; Musician
Sea Serpent Standard
1 Reaver @
Rptr Handbow Pair

5 Shades @ 85.0 Pts
2ndWeapon; Rptr Crossbow

16 Black Guard @ 281.0 Pts
Halberd; Heavy Armour; Standard; Musician
Banner of Murder
1 Tower Master
Halberd; Heavy Armour

1 Cold One Chariot @ 100.0 Pts
Spear; Rptr Crossbow

2 Reaper Bolt Thrower @ 200.0 Pts

1 War Hydra @ 175.0 Pts

Models in Army: 91
Total Army Cost: 2500.0

both Pegasus riders did great, corsairs were a blast,no one was expecting them to have SSS, combined with CoB was to late to do anything for them when they charged - unit that i liked the most for its hidden power,used Dark lore = simply the best lore
shooting had no match against anything and BG is what it is.
played Vs Skaven(20:0),VC(20:1,scenario vp),Dwarf(17:3),VC(20:1,scenario vp),Lizardmen(18:2)

feel free to ask anything that u wanna know about this list,ill gladly answer
battle report coming soon

regards
Pepa

Rork edit: Please do not post individual item or redundant (e.g. chariot cold ones) points costs.
Blondeshade
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Blondeshade »

How did the 10 corsairs really do? I've always used bigger blocks with the SSS. Which blessing did you give them the most?
Babnik
Black Guard

Post by Babnik »

Well done for your wins!
Using couple of characters riding BP is definitely a winner tactic as I see lot of them in France tourneys.
I'm surprised with the successfull 10 corsairs. Even with frenzy and blessing, they still have to handle large unit retaliation.
How the shooting went with your 2x20 xbwm? Did you manage to annihilate foe units and get points?
Our club's facebook page:
Fantastique Bataillon de Joinville
Look for French tourneys pics galleries!
Pepa
Trainee Warrior

Post by Pepa »

if u look at the list, enemy has much more to wory than 11corsairs, they are last threat in enemy eyes,so i kept them in the back w8ing.timing is all about them,if they decide to kill em with magic and shooting perfect, give then 5+ward and they live nuf so rest of army gets enemy in no time.they are hard to kill that way(itp),so u got rid of nasty enemy shoooting from main units, than u just hie em and save points.
if they live they rock in 4+ turn with blessing
Nagorian
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Nagorian »

Did you feel that the bolt throwers were worth the points? Any army with cannons will snipe them, and I rarely get enough kills with each to warrant the 100pt cost.

Would Trading them for another Hydra would be more cost effective? It would also open up 25pts for more corsairs/shade
Pepa
Trainee Warrior

Post by Pepa »

Hydra was 0-1, they were worth points, sniping them is still on 4+ to wound, and if cannon kills them, hero on DP kills cannon so 1 for 1 ain't bad, also hydra and chariot and other stuff are free from cannons that way.
if they live they do give points back.
Having anything else besides them would give opponent more focus on more important things in my army.
Xzazzarai
Corsair

Post by Xzazzarai »

Pepa wrote:Hydra was 0-1, they were worth points, sniping them is still on 4+ to wound, and if cannon kills them, hero on DP kills cannon so 1 for 1 ain't bad, also hydra and chariot and other stuff are free from cannons that way.
if they live they do give points back.
Having anything else besides them would give opponent more focus on more important things in my army.

How can str 10 need 4+ to wounds T7? :S

Anyway, the list seems very solid! The SSS corsais unit was a really cool idea! I just gota try it!

Though, from personal experience, those 20-man x-bows units rarelly perform as well as you want them to. I've found multiple small units to perform better. It allso makes them less of target, so the risk for panic from shooting and such is about the same.

Allso, why so few shades?

Ano no Harpies? Sure, shades and the Master can hunt warmachines and the like. But there is no unit like harpies when it comes to speedbumbs, redirecting and such.

Obviously, you performed well none the less! But what was your thinking, that's what I want to know! =)
ETC Team Sweden
2011 - Dark Elves
2012 - Undecided
Br13
Trainee Warrior

Post by Br13 »

How do you protect your fighting heroes? On one hand, the general seems to be pretty safe hiding behind what basically is a 2+ ward save against ballistas and cannons. On the other, the master can survive the cannons with Cloak of HG, but is still easy prey for enemy ballistas. Did they die much?

Want to try such a master in a 1.5k army myself and was thinking of getting him hard cover behind a unit of harpies. Good/bad idea in your opinion?
Xzazzarai
Corsair

Post by Xzazzarai »

Actually, the Master isn't easy prey for bolt throwers.

They need to hit him first which is often a 4+ or a 5+.
Then they need to wound him with str 6/2 = 3, so another 4+.
Then they need to roll 5+ to make 3 wounds and thus killing him.
That's about 8.33% chance to do it with one bolt thrower, if you need a 4+ to hit that is...

He can sustain fire Very well.
ETC Team Sweden
2011 - Dark Elves
2012 - Undecided
Dumbledore
Dark Rider

Post by Dumbledore »

Really like the small frenzied corsair unit - so easy for the enemy to underestimate. Do they gain much from the handbows? I wouldn't have thought that they would. How did the the bolt throwers perform and the chariot?

I was thinking of a similar dreadlord, though in a steed rather than pegasus. I will have to rethink. I will post my armylist in this forum, I would appreciate any feedback as there are similarities.
Pepa
Trainee Warrior

Post by Pepa »

my bad about RBT,was thinking on CoB
the point in this list is to give enemy many targets,if they focus 1 fine, if not even better
chariot role was just that,with T5,, +3 save,4w can handle a lot of shooting from units
heroes are just to hard to kill,and lord is killer of large targets and stopper of hard units
20x xbow units are nasty,u cant kill em easy in combat cose they kill a lot before anythign comes to CC simple as that
Jbtheslipperking
Executioner

Post by Jbtheslipperking »

Gongratz on the victory m8. Have a few questions for you :
1. Mundane great weapon on DL ? What about etherals and what about striking last ? Seems risky.
2. Full command on crossbows really needed ?

How did DOC do in you tournament ?

Thx for posting
Wtf, dragon`s breath is not flamable ?
Pepa
Trainee Warrior

Post by Pepa »

etherals didn't worry me, lifetaker and dark magic deal with them before CC, and lord choses combat cose of DP,strike last ain't concern cose he shouldn't break enemy in one round, only large targets, and having St6 1+ armor and inverse is nasty for stegadons, doomwheels and stuff, he is almost immune to wounding in CC
mu on xbows is needed for swift reform, and banners are only -25pts if u lose unit and gives +1CR,didn't use champion + i needed banners for 2 scenarios, breaktrough and blood and glory
DoC was 1 army only ended 5th, keeper in list with SS gift
Sulla
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sulla »

It's a nice army. A few too many crossbows for me, but otherwise cool.I think it might struggle vs WoC who can overwhelm you with serious combat threats (although I imagine hellcannons will be 0-1 in the tournament).

But otherwise, well done, especially vs the dwarves. Were they all great weapon + gunline; the standard powerbuild?
Pepa
Trainee Warrior

Post by Pepa »

y,dwarfs did have gunline, GW, + anvil
Vs. WoC i tried before tournament and it went ok for me, 16-4 i think and he had nasty combat units + he went 1st, i neutralised his main unit with lvl 4 mage with Lord, and rest i took with magic and shooting, i gave something to chosens ,so i think it can handle them nicely