Raging Heroes Manticore WiP

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Kirby
Shade

Raging Heroes Manticore WiP

Post by Kirby »

I'm assuming this is the right place to put this. :)

Raging Heroes has an amazing new Manticore in the works, but it's a pricey model to create so they will only do so if proper feedback is given. The pic below shows the Manticore on a 30mm square base just to give you a reference of its size. It will also come with the wingless version of Kahn Urkan as its handler.

They're aiming at just under €40, which is about £35 or $56 depending where you're from. Just for reference, the GW version is $45.

So, ya know, give feedback for the love of all that is beastly and maiming so that we may devour our foes in glorious feral beauty.

Raging Heroes - Who'd buy a Manticore?

Handsome jack
Executioner

Post by Handsome jack »

I like it,count me in for one if their produced
handsome jack
Sulla
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sulla »

Nice sculpt. I prefer manticores that look like bat-winged lions with spiky tails, but it's a nice WoW-style manticore.
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

Same here. Great miniature with amazing detail, just not a style I prefer (though I'm sure there are enough who will love it). :D

Bye
Thanee
Andy xxiii
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Andy xxiii »

For all that is dark and evil! This is one cool mini.
I've never been a fan of the GW one, bought it though because I needed the model for my army.
But I am buying this as soon as possible.
Kirby
Shade

Post by Kirby »

WoW-styled? Ya know, hadn't really considered that but I guess it is a bit, isn't it? I mean, obviously there are pretty big differences but I see what you mean with the scales across its back and membranous wings. They're attached more like traditional-styled wings rather than the bat-style that WoW has, though. Their site also has more angles of the images, I really love how the scorpion armor on its back actually has legs that clings to the lion's body!

According to their blog site, they're looking for direct feedback from people who do and don't like it so they can tweak it to best fit people's desires. I'm not really sure at what point they'll give the project a green light for production, hopefully it's soon!
Raging heroes
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Raging heroes »

Hi,
Just wanted to mention that our Manticore and its alternate Lamassu version is now available for pre-order. The box includes the complete Manticore, a Lamassu Head, a scenic base, and the Dark Elf Kahn-Urkan rider (with separate legs for versatility), all in high-quality resin. You can also choose to buy the complete Manticore without the Lamassu Head, or get only the Lamassu Head (without Manticore), all at pre-order pricing.

Also, if you saw the work-in-progress version, you'll notice that we ended up increasing its size by over 10%. We also increased the scale of the Lamassu head which was definitely too small to properly match its preferred rider.

Images and a video here. http://www.ragingheroes.com/collections/complete-collection/products/manticore-lamassu

Raging Heroes Team
Site / News / Facebook
Megazephyr
Corsair

Post by Megazephyr »

fantastic, i for one would love one if i happened to use a Dread on a manticore.
Lord tsunami
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord tsunami »

cool mini. too bad i dont consider a manticore being better than even a dark pegasus in this edition :(
The virgin forest
Black Guard

Post by The virgin forest »

megazephyr wrote:fantastic, i for one would love one if i happened to use a Dread on a manticore.

Funny, I'm including a manticore dreadlord just to field this one 8)
Megazephyr
Corsair

Post by Megazephyr »

honestly, if i had one i would do the same, it looks way more impressive than even my dragon. id be scared to paint it and ruin it though!
Babnik
Black Guard

Post by Babnik »

I ordered it. Eagerly waiting for its delivery in my mailbox!

I still think the rider, despite a nice helmet, is too bulky for a druchii.
Our club's facebook page:
Fantastique Bataillon de Joinville
Look for French tourneys pics galleries!
Tzelok
Beastmaster

Post by Tzelok »

I've converted one that I absolutely love. This one makes me mad, because I still want to buy it. I have problems...i'll probably try to avoid buying it for 3 weeks then cave...
Army Plog Below:
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=63015

Scratch Built Druchii Tower:
http://druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=67976&highlight=

The League of Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Rafapolit
Cold One Knight

Post by Rafapolit »

Are these pictures of the actual production sculpt? I really love the 3D sculpts you guys make, but we had terrible experiences with the actual cast figures... really 'busy' with badly cast detail :(

Sorry, but it was our experience, we are now buying from a different house due to that issue... if things have changed, I'd love to know about it. Thanks,

Rafa.