My new 2k army list any holes please help.

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Nashy4141
Slave (off the Altar)

My new 2k army list any holes please help.

Post by Nashy4141 »

Supreme Sorcerss level 4 (Death Magic)
Tome of Furion
Pendant of Khaeleth
Crystal of Midnight

Master BSB
Lance
Heavy armour+ Shield
Cold one
Hydra Banner

Death Hag
Rune of Khaine
Witchbrew
Cauldron Of blood

20x Repeater Xbow + shields ( Mage goes in these )
Full Command

10x Repeater Xbow + shields
Full Command

Full Command

9x Cold one knights ( BSB goes in these )
Full Command
Ring of Hotek on Dread Knight

War hydra

2x repeater Bolt thowers

1992Points total
Purehybrid
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Purehybrid »

Hi,

My first post here at D.net, but I've been lurking for a while. Only been playing Warhammer for a few weeks, having bought a 2nd hand army... so take my input with a pinch (or 10) of salt.

The one thing I thought when reading your list, is what happens if your cold ones get held up either by stupidity(unlikely), or simply a really solid enemy tarpit (more likely)?
Nashy4141
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Nashy4141 »

Thats why I had a lot of shooting gives my coldones time to move about and still do quite a bit of damage. Plus most people I have seen go for the Hydra.

If I get a charge of with that cold one unit most of the time the unit I would have thought It would hurt a lot with 18 attacks in the first round from the Knights and 10 from the coldones. Thats gotta hurt. Mind you if I get a buff from the cauldron on as well that could be 23 attacks from the knights.

But I can see what you mean a lot of my points is held up with the cold one knights.
Nashy4141
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Nashy4141 »

49 views and just 1 reply thanks :(
Diablo
Cold One Knight

Post by Diablo »

Nashy4141 wrote:49 views and just 1 reply thanks :(

Well ok. BSB needs SDC.
The crystal of midnight is IMHO almost useless. That 35 points can be better spent.
Those small units of xbows really dont need full command. I think only musician should be enough.
DH dont need those upgrades. If anything gets to the cauldron something went terribly wrong and those upgrades wont make a diference.
RBT are terribly fragile in this edition.
And the whole list looks to me kinda like all the eggs in one basket. You have one super unit, one hydra and Shooting. If those knights gets stuck in lets say horde of marauders, skaven slaves or anything like that, you are screwed :)

happy now? :D
xFallenx
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by xFallenx »

Besides reading all of the helpful strat guids on the site, trial and error is the best way to go when it comes to the Druchii. Best of luck to you.
Oct 2013-Current: 3-2-0
Nashy4141
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Nashy4141 »

Yes I am thanks for the help ill take that on board and change the list :)
Masked jackal
Noble

Re: My new 2k army list any holes please help.

Post by Masked jackal »

Nashy4141 wrote:Supreme Sorcerss level 4 (Death Magic)
Tome of Furion
Pendant of Khaeleth
Crystal of Midnight

Replace Tome of Furion with Sacrificial Dagger, get rid of the Crystal.

Master BSB
Lance
Heavy armour+ Shield
Cold one
Hydra Banner

Get rid of the Hydra Banner and just make him more survivable with magic items. Give him a Sea Dragon Cloak. That is, if you absolutely want a BSB that isn't the Cauldron.

Death Hag
Rune of Khaine
Witchbrew
Cauldron Of blood

Take out Rune of Khaine and Witchbrew.

20x Repeater Xbow + shields ( Mage goes in these )
Full Command

Full Command

Full Command

Decent. I'd consider adding some melee though.

9x Cold one knights ( BSB goes in these )
Full Command
Ring of Hotek on Dread Knight

Don't bother with the Ring of Hotek. Give them Banner of Hag Graef and some other items on the champion. Whip of Agony does well.

War hydra

2x repeater Bolt thowers

Good.
8th Edition Druchii War Report:
W/D/L: 30/1/15
http://www.freedomstudios.net/boredlife/boards/index.php?sid=18db5076e750fafca78c5ae7ed86bab3
Bored Life: Forum for RPs and general discussion in need of new blood. PM for details.
Gjriff
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Gjriff »

Id like to suggest droping the Crystal of Midnight and giving the SS Lifetaker seeing as she is going to be in a shooting unit most of the time anyway.
I roll more 1's than binary!!!!
Vynaru
Slave on the Altar

Post by Vynaru »

First thoughts. You have a lot of single egg baskets. I almost always take two sorceresses: One Lvl 4 with tome, 4+ ward save, and death or shadow, and one Lvl 2 with Sac Dagger, 4+ ward for first wound, and Darkness Death or Metal. You have 2 heavy hitters but they can both be really weak against magic/shooting.

If you decide to keep a large block of RxB's. Look into the Guiding Eye. A well timed Eye - i.e. stand and shoot on the charge can easily win a round of combat or give you that oomph to kill an expensive unit. The best part is, you get to see how well you roll before you decide to use it!

Also make the Master your General and NOT your Sorceress. They have the same leadership. Making the Sorceress a general on top of being a huge target for enemy fire makes her too high of a priority not to kill. Simply turn your CoB into your BSB since you use it for AoE affects anyway.

Our DE shooting is ridiculous, but we take massive modifiers. I'd recommend swapping the unit of 20 RxB's for a larger unit of Spearmen with shields. Cheaper fodder for Sac Dagger and they create a stable/durable center for your army.

Having 2 lores (especially shadow with the free character swap on casts) lets your army be more versatile. You can move the Lvl 4 up to the front caste one spell, switch her for your level 2 with Death and character snipe. You can also swap your sorceress's out of combat for your more durable lords. Metal lets you buff to hit and armor. Spears with a 3+ armor is REALLY durable, and if you AoE cast the spell it suddenly makes your RxB's at a 3+ as well.

2nd: Guardmasters aren't really worth the points IMO. It's 5 points for 1 BS. That takes 2 of your arrows down one point to hit. I always run the Muso and Std with my RxB's because in lists like this you can guarantee they'll be charged and see CC.

3rd: Banner of Hag Graef (ASF banner) is the best banner we have as DE. On Black Guard or CoK it gives them the ability to wipeout without taking a wound or be on equal footing with High Elves. WE ASF and Ini 6 Means they reroll to hit which means more 6's and less failed wounds.