To deal with chariots

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Zenith
Noble

To deal with chariots

Post by Zenith »

Dear druchii scum. aarghh!

Ive been thinking now how to deal with chariots effectively.

We can no longer use the assassin who insta kills the chariots with his ST7 stars. So my list here, feel free to add more options.

- We pepper them with bolts. (this is the least effective)
- We use the metal lore, (very effective)
- We still use the assassins stars (decent)
- We try to charge the chariot with one of our own.
- We use our magic missiles. (decent)
Sgt.sunshine
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Sgt.sunshine »

Charge them with elite units? I heard, at one point, that the blackguard were deccent enough to take down chariots.
Demetrius
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Demetrius »

Charging chariots with anything, bar warmachine hunters (DRs, Harpies, Shades) and you should make them run from static res, because they have none and have poor damage output when they havnt charged.

Black Guard, Knights, Executioners and even witches should be able to kill it outright on the charge as well.
Nicol247
Trainee Warrior

Post by Nicol247 »

Witches! Fast with stacks of poisened attacks. Just make sure you get the charge!
How can i sacrifice zombies to khaine!?!
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

Chariots have to be coupled with other units be effective these days, such as other chariots, knights, hydras, or in my case, knights and hydras. This is because they can deal a lot of damage on the charge, but after that they tend to get owned. Just have so high strength attacks and or get lots of ranks in. Ward saves are also good.
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra
Tethlis
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Tethlis »

If you're fighting the T4 variant, like Beastmen, Tomb King and High Elf chariots, you can shoot them with repeater crossbows very effectively.

If you're fighting the tougher version, like Warrior of Chaos, Orc or Dark Elf, then you'll probably want to pull off a charge with basically any combat unit we have.
There is no escape from Chaos. It marks us all.

Meteor
Executioner

Post by Meteor »

Assassins still works, and is the most effective way I've discovered so far, in one shotting chariots outright.

You give him Manbane, AHW and +D3 attacks. No chariots are usually higher than T5, so you'll normally get your 3+ to wound.

You will suffer the impact hits, but you will then be able to burst all those attacks at them. Most chariots only have 4 wounds max, and a...3+ AS at best? But the best part is, you don't have to worry about being threatened in the flanks or wherever by one, if your unit contains this Assassin. Since you only need that one model who can 'make way' anyway.
What's mine is mine, What's yours is mine.
Now that we understand each other, lets get down to business.

Jacks -Shade
- WS 5 - - S 3 - - T 2 - - D 6 - - I 5 -

Equipment
Short Sword, MC Long Sword*, Dagger, RxB & RHB [20/10] MC Shade Cloak, 4 Throwing Daggers, 3x Healing Vials, 451C, [3]Dark Venom, [4]Unseen Chains, Food, Dark Steed- Spike

Skills
Basic Stealth, Awareness, TWF, Suithenlu Khythan, Ride

Magic Item
Eye of the Jabberwock

*Magical properties possibly imbued
Blackfrost
Shade

Post by Blackfrost »

I go up against 3 T5 Razorgor Chariots in my regular opponent's army and I use a combination of RBTs (I swear they are still useful), shades and a level 2 with Lore of Fire on steed. Those pig carts are pretty resilient with their 5 wounds...