Bolt Throwers........

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Tethlis
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Tethlis »

I plan to dust off my bolt throwers and include them in the Storm of Magic games I'll be trying. I think that the presence of bolt throwers, plus crossbowmen, will put down most monsters out there with ease. Bolt throwers also provide good fire support versus Daemons, Vamp Counts and Tomb Kings who may also be making an appearance in a lot of Storm of Magic lists. I think they could have a lot of usefulness in such an environment.
There is no escape from Chaos. It marks us all.

Setomidor
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Setomidor »

I've had some decent success with a single RBT in an otherwise quite balanced army. Multishots are nice to shoot at vulnerable stuff such as enemy scouts, or to wear down enemy elite units prior to impact, and single bolts threatens stuff like Wyverns and Giants which can cause some (less experienced) opponents to keep them back unreasonably long. (I played a guy in a tournament who had a Wyvern. After inflicting some early wounds with the RBT he was so afraid of losing his Wyvern that he kept it back the whole game).
Sulla
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sulla »

Just summon a cannon. Your opponents will learn to fear a real war machine then...