Norway mourning

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Norway mourning

Post by Calisson »

A thought for our Norvegian fellows.
Hope you had no relative or friends among the victims. If you had, I wish the best recovery for the physical and psychological wounds. There's not much else that can be done for this time.

The cold murderer's attitude is so hard to understand.
Let's support discussion, tolerance and acceptance of other people being different, in the hope that such drama does not happen soon again.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Cathel
Noble

Post by Cathel »

My sincerest condolence to everybody in Norway.
I hope our fellow board members have no close ones among the victims.

No form of extremism can ever contribute something good to this world.

Kind regards,

Cathel
If they were not sitting on our land, I would not spend a single bolt on the Asur.
How to tell apart the elves:
Men run naked - Asrai
Women run naked - Druchii
Don't know whether man or woman - Asur
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

No one deserves to go through what Norway went through, and I hope the people responsible for this suffer the highest capital punishment avilable
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra
xFallenx
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by xFallenx »

Cathel wrote:My sincerest condolence to everybody in Norway.
I hope our fellow board members have no close ones among the victims.

No form of extremism can ever contribute something good to this world.

Kind regards,

Cathel

For truth!
Assani
Highborn

Post by Assani »

I am proud to be Norwegian, cause of the way we handled this tragic event. It was really a war zone, impossible to imagine. We are standing close to each other as a country, its actually as u now every Norwegian out there. And one can only be touched when u see over 200 000 Norwegians standing together, holding the flower, in memory of our fellow countryman.

Norway will be strengthened by this as a country I'm sure, but it will take to heal the wounds for those who lost someone. We can only comfort our fellow countryman, and give the most support that they need in the sorrow they have.

When the winds of this has past, and the dust has settled, just then, can we look back and see that this has change us for the better.

I will like to take this opportunity to thank you all for the support, it means a lot.

Thank you!

Khitai - Khanite - Group 38
WS5 - S3 - T2 - D5 - I3
Skills: Ambidexterity, Two Weapon Fighting
Equipment: 2xfine scimitars, dagger
Inventory: Gold 30, Crowns 40, 1 Red ruby
Silic
Noble

Post by Silic »

Posted by Baardah on Asrai.org. I take the time to post it here both for his words and for what he is asking.

These days I'm so proud to be a Norwegian. The aftermath of the tragical events in Oslo and Utøya, caused by the maniac right extremist gunman/bomber, have proven that Norway truly is a great country to live in. Hate, destruction and terror have been met with love, sorrow and togetherness, where it easily could have fuled more hatred, lust for revenge and anger. I'm proud of our leaders, our royal family and my fellow countrymen in general for the way we have decided to meet terror aimed to quell our open and tolerant democracy with more democracy and more openess.

This Friday(29/7-11) at 5pm Dublin time a group of Dubliners are trying to arrange a "twinute". A full minute of total silence in social media like twitter, Facebook, etc.

I as a Norwegian would appreciate it immensely if this community would honour the at least 76 people that where killed in the terrorist attacks by not posting anything on asrai.org at the time of mentioned "Twinute"

Thank you in advance.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

My condolenses to any and all Norwegians both on the site and beyond, and kudos to Calisson for posting this thread.

Silic, I will suggest this minute of forum silence to the Admin team for you (and for Asrai, and the Dubliners, and for Norway)
Gnosis
Hard, but Fair

Post by Gnosis »

So apparently, Morrisey said that he considers the daily murder of animals to fill our plates a much more grievous fact than the attack in Norway. Proud to be a vegetarian... Who is?
Count them:

Painted in 2013: 500
Painted in 2014: 600
Painted in 2015: 854
xFallenx
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by xFallenx »

Morrisey is a bit of a tosser, so his opinion matters about as much as a fart in a windstorm.
Oct 2013-Current: 3-2-0
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

Let's support discussion, tolerance and acceptance of other people being different, in the hope that such drama does not happen soon again.

I second this Calisson, and my thoughts go out to Norway. There's not much else I can say, but I wanted to say something.
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Myrkrdreki
Shade

Post by Myrkrdreki »

So very long since I've been osting on Druchii. I do a check now and then, and seeing this post gave me a smile and a tear in the corner of my eye. Im from norway, and my father works JUST where the bomb blew. Im glad to say ge was on vacation so he was not hurt, nor where any of my family or friends.

As a response to what that **** did, personaly he just made me firmer in my belief that; and I know it seems like a qlichee; "make love, not war!!" I've never been a tree hugger, but I do believe that this shows us that those of us that is not consumed by extreme wievs should very much try to cooperate. By that I mean in stead of trying to destroy each other by rethorics and propaganda and so forth.

Oh, I could rand on forever. A bit drunk, and a bit upset. Goodby all :)
8th Edition:

W/D/L
14/1/4
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

My condolences to everybody in Norway, whether you had loved ones who were hurt, or is just finding what happened hard to cope with.

I must say, you have all handled it pretty damn well. Especially your prime minister have acted with dignity. IIRC, he hasn't mentioned Anders Breyviks name as much as a single time.

If there is any consolation to be had in it, at least Anders Breyviks despicable actions will never ever bear any of the fruit he hoped, in fact it might rather prove counter-productive. I hope someone dumps him in a prison, where all the right people can shower with him.