Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

Group 35 OOC thread

Post by Carathyle maveric »

So, the follow people have announced their participation in the group:

Kinslayer(yay!)
Dreadlord7476(yay!)
Senluthan(yay!)
Archon_Matt(though because of a screwed up internet connection because of heavy rain fall(don't know if it's even possible) he hasn't posted his character yet)

So, that's the amount of participants that we have at the moment, though Archon probably won't be able to post the first couple of times.

Carathyle Maveric wrote:So okay, let's get some things straight from the start.

This group will be fast paced, with a modpost every day, or every 2 days. If you miss the deadline too many times, you're out.(with too many times I mean, three times in total) unless if you declare a reason, your character will be kindly erased from the group.

Okay, now on to the other important matter at hand, the rules.

Normally, I would go with the standard rules, however, I don't feel like rolling a dice very often as I have bad luck with the blasted things. So here are the rules:

Rules:
1) Your character is yours alone. I will NOT take control of him/her as it is up to you for making decisions. This rule can be violated when given permission.

2) Your character has a small range of equipment, these will decay over time and I recommend that you keep good track of the statistics of your equipment, such as how many dents are in my shield, or, how sharp is my blade's edge? How many crossbow magazines? You start off with a standard of 20 bolts, which means 4 magazines containing 5 bolts each.

3) Actions such as talking are allowed to be in a dialogue. In case of a dialogue, I will postpone the modpost(unless urgent such as in combat, but I don't think there will be a dialogue in that situation.).

4) Actions that require a certain skill are decided by me, assuming the actions will succeed is something I hardly recommend as I always feel inclined to make it the exact opposite in these cases.

5) Actions such as scavenging, walking, wielding, honing, and repairing are actions of your own, as I do suggest to allow me to determine the amount of success this is. Honing and walking won't be much of a problem as long as you don't give me a marathon-man/women impression. Scavenging will be determined by the fallen opponent's equipment, and whether or not they are carrying it. Repairing shield and such is part of the suggestion.

6) Combat Ah... yes, the most feared decisions of them all. Will my combat be in my favour or not? My answer: Yes, they will. As long as you don't require a certain skill to perform the actions, I do not see why it should? However, facing a certain death and preparing to fight is... not smart to begin with and I recommend that you FLEE!

Okay, that about wraps it up for the rules.

So, enter your character in the world of War... with a hammer perhaps

Spoiler: This RPG will be played in Naggaroth, the enemies however are unknown to you

I'm going to add one: No spamming.

So, good luck, Merry Christmas to you all, and I'll start working on getting the intro post back together, since my brother is a real SOAB and deleted it T.T

Carathyle Maveric:(Group 28 Warrior)
Ws:5 S:4 T:3 D:4 I:3
Equipment:
Enchanted* Obsidian Long sword, MC Light armour, Dark Steed(Sephirah), Shield, MC Longbow(89 arrows), 56 Circlets, Maibed Dagger, Asur Spear and Disguise.
Skills: Ride, Acrobatics
*Increased Strength, holds the soul of his father
Senluthan
Beastmaster

Post by Senluthan »

thx.. looking forward to play with ya all! :D
Senluthan Redskull
Group 36 Mod
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

You'll always see that I forget the standards.

For thoughts, we use Italic
For speech, we use Bold

On the end of our posts, we use a summary of our actions underline

there, the customs of my RPG groups ^_^'

Equipment:
Enchanted* Obsidian Long sword, MC Light armour, Dark Steed(Sephirah), Shield, MC Longbow(89 arrows), 56 Circlets, Maibed Dagger, Asur Spear and Disguise.
Senluthan
Beastmaster

Post by Senluthan »

is it the same deadline all the time? and when would that be? or will you end every post with one?
Senluthan Redskull
Group 36 Mod
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

Every post I do is the end of a decision round, as I'm the mod and that would be a mod post. And yes, every deadline is the same

In the post that I do(lime green in this group), I'll post what happened between my previous and that post.

In between the modpost, the players will post as well, giving the course they wish their character to be upon. In case of combat, attack or hold back. In the case of attack, I decide upon whether your character will succeed or not, while maintaining as much of your wishes as possible.

However, you can't decide upon these so don't think that your actions will always succeed, and plan ahead.

For decisions and showing me what I really need to know and understand, we use a Summary through the use of Underline

The basic post is given in the following manner:

{Fluff: Here you place what your character does in detail, the more you put here, the more fun it is to read the post. However, going to far ahead with your fluff will result in going beyond decisions. Keep these as long as possible, without surpassing your own decision limits. This isn't really important though it can be used.}
{Summary: thrown at you because of the use of Underline, this contains the actions that you wish your character has, making it easy for the moderator(me in this case) to decide upon the actions.}

Equipment:
Archon_matt
Cold One Knight

Post by Archon_matt »

Just a quick note: Sirenis doesn't know that she is a Helbane. I'm not sure if that captain knowing was intentional or not, but here's a heads-up anyway.
I am a proud member of The League of Extraordinary Druchii Gentlemen
8th Edition
W/L/D
10/2/0

Sirenis Helbane (Group 35)
WS:4 S:4 T:2 D:4 I:4
Equipment: Heavy Armour, Helmet, Draich, Dagger (Combat).
Skills: Basic Heal
Senluthan
Beastmaster

Post by Senluthan »

YES! We have reached page 2!!!! ;)
oh yeah and by the way a merry christmas and happy new year to all of you! :D Hope neither of blew up any fingers or similar. xD
Senluthan Redskull
Group 36 Mod
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

POP QUESTION!

Who are the cloaked strangers?
Is it...:
A) Skilled Mercenaries.
B) Warriors
C) Assassins
or D) High Elves.

Choose now! the winner gets a free stab :D

Equipment:
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

You already told me it was not assassins, and I very much doubt Asur could make it past the coast let alone so far inland (although they did in 22 at one point)... so I'm going to go with... mercenaries.

And just to confirm, the twelve have a bolt thrower with them? is that what is shooting at us or is it somewhere else? If it is with them and it looks like an eagle then I'm changing my answer to D, High Elves ;)
The shadow king
Executioner

Post by The shadow king »

Don't suppose you have room for another player? I'm currently in one right now and having a lot of fun with it but I've sucessfully played in more than one RP at the same time before.
Role-Playing Group 30
Helkor Makolus, Warrior.
WS 4, S4, T4, D3, I3. Gear: Cloak, Longsword, Light Armour, Shield, 4GC, Bastard Sword
dreadlord7476
Cold One Knight

Post by dreadlord7476 »

i would say D
Twitter @dreadlord7476

the dead savoir nothing, revenge is a dish for the living

kailleth blackthorn Group 38
Warrior
ws5 s4 t3 d3 i4
2long swords, light armour, sheld
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

If not you could always roleplay as a Chaos Marauder?
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

The bolt thrower is hidden in the woods as it shot toward the group.

The Shadow King wrote:Don't suppose you have room for another player? I'm currently in one right now and having a lot of fun with it but I've sucessfully played in more than one RP at the same time before.

I don't see why not, you can fill in the role of basic Guardsmen, which means, medium armour, a Shield and a sword.

Stats are yours to decide as long as they are up to 18 points in total.

Equipment:
The shadow king
Executioner

Post by The shadow king »

Okay, thanks!

Will post my character tomorrow.
Role-Playing Group 30
Helkor Makolus, Warrior.
WS 4, S4, T4, D3, I3. Gear: Cloak, Longsword, Light Armour, Shield, 4GC, Bastard Sword
Senluthan
Beastmaster

Post by Senluthan »

Then it's gotta be mercenaries.. Just a question Senluthan and Korvus are fighting one of them, Sirenis another and Kaellith killed one and fights one. Thats 4 the other 8 are they fighting the guards? 2/3 on 1? just to be sure how to understand the scene...
And another thing since I have uncontrollable frenzy can i say myself something like "after not seeing anymore cloaked figues Senluthan slowly calms down, and gets out of his frenzy."?
Senluthan Redskull
Group 36 Mod
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

6 are standing still at range, just looking. The remaining two are fighting guards, with the disadvantage of fighting 2 on 1 for the strangers.

Equipment:
Senluthan
Beastmaster

Post by Senluthan »

when we have a deadline, is it only one post a man? or in this sit where Korvus talks to Senluthan can I make another post to answer that?
Senluthan Redskull
Group 36 Mod
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

but ofcourse, it's called a dialogue :P

Equipment:
dreadlord7476
Cold One Knight

Post by dreadlord7476 »

a how many bolts are is in a hand bow clip?
Twitter @dreadlord7476

the dead savoir nothing, revenge is a dish for the living

kailleth blackthorn Group 38
Warrior
ws5 s4 t3 d3 i4
2long swords, light armour, sheld
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

10 bolts, you shot 3 so you got 7 bolts remaining.

Equipment:
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

I hope you don't mind if we want to carry on fighting? But you obviously planned for the Shadow Warriors to do a hit and run attack while I was hoping to expand my character through a few more combat posts. I'd also appreciate oppertunities for longer dialogues between characters, such as when the caravan continues on its way. I'm also interested to see what will come of this Asur captive, and to find out what the heck that lightning fast attack was all about :lol:
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

Should I spoiler? Naah! I shouldn't :twisted:

Equipment:
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

Okay, let me make a couple of things clear since there is going to be a PVP battle. No weapons, no poisons, no magic, armour is allowed and dirty tricks are allowed. Have fun :D

Equipment:
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

No weapons? :shock:

What happened to the rest of the players?
Senluthan
Beastmaster

Post by Senluthan »

We need karinthia to do something if we shouldn't use weapons! cuase neither of us can suggest it without loosing face! but we can make a post with how to fight without weapons - if you want to have the beginning of the fight in your next mod? Assuming we get to fight. xD
Senluthan Redskull
Group 36 Mod