The League of Extraordinary Druchii Gentlemen

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Lord tsunami
Malekith's Best Friend

The League of Extraordinary Druchii Gentlemen

Post by Lord tsunami »

Happy new year everyone!

2011 was a great year for the druchii gaming wise. Lets face it, we have it pretty easy, and the reasons are many. Powerful magic, powerful characters, powerful units in general and so on. If you like me, look for a bit more challenge in your day to day gaming, perhaps your new-years resolution should be to join The League of Extraordinary Druchii gentlemen!

This is how it works: you sign up here, and thereby you promise that for one whole year you will never play a mounted dreadlord that goes solo. Thats it. I know we have plenty of other stuff that is cheesy, but the single character for under 300 points that can by itself keep basically any unit in the game occupied for the whole battle is probably our biggest advantage, and removing it requires some drastic changes to the gameplay.

Note that i do not care if you do include the unkillable dreadlord, but if you do he needs to go with a unit (a REAL unit mind you. A member of TLoEDG would never do such cheap tricks as to put him with 5 dark riders who you then let die while the dreadlord is stubborn and stays in place)

So, if you are looking for a bit more challenge in your gameplay, do as i saw some one (dont remember who) wrote in his signature, and drop the training wheels from your bike, and join The League of Extraordinary Druchii gentlemen!

PS. this thread may or may not be suited for the tactics forum and feel free to move it. Please dont make this a thread of whether it is cheesy or not to include the roadblock. No one forces you to join us ;)

EDIT: Here is a link to a thread where you can post battle reports with your gentle-druchii :)
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=69908
Last edited by Lord tsunami on Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

I don't think I played a mounted dreadlord that goes solo at all since 8th edition. Maybe once or twice. Until he died and stopped being as reliable as advertised.

So I suppose I'm already a member ;)

Masters though, I use all the time. They are wonderful special tasks forces.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Demetrius
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Demetrius »

I havnt used an unkillable solo dreadlord either :D

Maybe give up your Hydra if you want a challenge :P
Sulla
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sulla »

My dreadlord goes in one of my core units, either the spears or the corsairs. He does take the crown and pendant though. Neither of those units tends to remain steadfast for very long being soft and squishy.
Ichiyo1821
Highborn

Post by Ichiyo1821 »

Unless I play tourney games my Dreadlord always goes with my Cold One Knights. I've started playing 1 Hydra exclusively in my lists 6 months ago so maybe I'll try not using Harpies as long as I could.

I'll try my best not to use Harpies and dual hydras!
8th Edition

W/D/L
86/1/5

New AB
W/D/L
32/1/0

9th Age
W/D/L

Vae Victis
Character kill count -182

"To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill."

Armies
Dark Elves
Dark Eldar
Death Korps of Kreig
A.andersson
Corsair

Post by A.andersson »

Haha great initiative! For next year no unkillable and no hydra! (bellow 3000) signed!
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

Thanks for the signature recognition ;)

Sadly, I'm going to have to pass on this one, as it contravenes my previous policy of building one army and sticking with it, which I started in the autumn and am keen to carry one with - and that list involves a dreadlord on peggy. That said, he doesn't carry either the crown or the pendant, so I don't think he's too beardy really...

Good luck with the initiative though - exactly the kind of thing I think is awesome on D.Net :D
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Gastronauticon
Beastmaster

Post by Gastronauticon »

No Chuck Norris AND no hydra? Ok, I am in.

Cool initiative.
You have reached the Department of Circular Reasoning.

Please hold.
Omnichron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Omnichron »

Uhm... just dreadlord? I run a master on pegasus with pendant... That's kinda bending it, or? ;)

Although I like the initiative, I feel like there's alot of other "cheesy" things we Dark Elves can use which also could be in this list. Double Hydra, or the sacrifical shadow sorc.

I guess dropping all those three would be quite extraordinary, but maybe over the top as well?
Lord tsunami
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord tsunami »

Uhm... just dreadlord? I run a master on pegasus with pendant... That's kinda bending it, or? Wink

Although I like the initiative, I feel like there's alot of other "cheesy" things we Dark Elves can use which also could be in this list. Double Hydra, or the sacrifical shadow sorc.

That is exactly what i did :)

but to join the league, it is enough to stay away from the solo dreadlord. i wanted the rules very simple and clear, and i am sure they can be "cheated", but i am sure no true gentleman would try that :D
Geist
Noble

Post by Geist »

I have added the line to my profile, but I left out gentlemen. After all a druchii is not a gentlemen as that would infer human. I am not a monkey. As to my lord builds.
I have never run a lord with crown on a horse of any sort. What I have run was a lord with crown on a cold one when he was in a massive unit of cold one knights. That was purely to keep the knights from breaking to combat res. My lord as of now is on foot with the ex axe.
Flyers for the win in 8th.

DEATH FROM ABOVE DRUCIH AIR CAV!!!!

The Machine will grind you down.

The League of Extraordinary Druchii
Omnichron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Omnichron »

Lord Tsunami wrote:but to join the league, it is enough to stay away from the solo dreadlord. i wanted the rules very simple and clear, and i am sure they can be "cheated", but i am sure no true gentleman would try that :D

Gentleman? I'm a druchii! Being noble or nice is a weakness! :P

Anyways, I won't be using the dreadpeg at all, and never field more than one hydra this year. Also, in all other settings than tournaments and practice for such, I will use other lores than shadow.
Cat-the-odd
Beastmaster

Post by Cat-the-odd »

Pathetic!

Why should I sign up for things I already do myself, if not better? Really, guys. My dreadlord rides a chariot. I used the hydra only in Storm of Magic games from the scrolls of binding. Even the Pendant is rarely accessed (like on a Manti Rider with Sea Dragon Cloak as only armour). And the Black Guard I even refuse to own.
In other words:
"Happy new year. May many Warhammer-Spirited Army compositions enrich your games in MMXII."

CAT

PS: Count me as signed in ;-).
../¨¨¨|
.|ô/ô 9..Real sportsmen hunt with arrows and fish with flies.
.~~ /|...Real gentlemen play games which require skill, not tools.
.|__/\...Extraordinary gentlemen even win with them.
.[>o<]...Welcome to the League of Extraordinary Druchii Gentlemen
Babnik
Black Guard

Post by Babnik »

For 2012, I will play a list without any reptiles (hydra, dragons and... Cold One!) !

Basically, a L4 sorceress on pegasus with PoK, a BSB on pegasus, lot of harpies, 3 units of xbowmen, 1 large of spearmen, couple of DR, 20 Black Guards on back on table top, with couple of shades and 1-2 assassin.

I know it will tough and I will give up after my fist tourney :lol:
Our club's facebook page:
Fantastique Bataillon de Joinville
Look for French tourneys pics galleries!
Meteor
Executioner

Post by Meteor »

Lol then I'm one of the gentlemen around by default then haha. Very few games, if any, has an unkillable dreadlord of any description, solo or not. Nor do I use Hydras, like once or twice, that's it.

Basically done lots of competitive non cheesy lists, like mass DR or pure core infantry.

For 2012 however, I WILL make a full executioner list that'll work without being cheesy.
What's mine is mine, What's yours is mine.
Now that we understand each other, lets get down to business.

Jacks -Shade
- WS 5 - - S 3 - - T 2 - - D 6 - - I 5 -

Equipment
Short Sword, MC Long Sword*, Dagger, RxB & RHB [20/10] MC Shade Cloak, 4 Throwing Daggers, 3x Healing Vials, 451C, [3]Dark Venom, [4]Unseen Chains, Food, Dark Steed- Spike

Skills
Basic Stealth, Awareness, TWF, Suithenlu Khythan, Ride

Magic Item
Eye of the Jabberwock

*Magical properties possibly imbued
Dante valentine
Cold One Knight

Post by Dante valentine »

I never field the one man speed bump, either on peg or Cold one!

Much more effective and appropriate to let your spearmen take the brunt of an attack, die in droves (they are low born afterall!) and then allow your Lord with his unit of fellow nobles (and competitors for his position) charge in on their mounts and run down the enemy.

I do field him in chariots occasionally but this is purely for the fact i bought the Dark Eldar slave models and didn't really know where to put them!

I am signed!

D
In the House of Valentine, Every Night Is Death Night!
Dangerous Beans
The Guiding Eye
Location: Sat drinking 'soul stealer' cocktails in the city of Vilebrier with Morathi...

Post by Dangerous Beans »

Hi guys, I will sign this petition too!

Would it be a good idea for me to create and sticky a battle report thread so that we can post how things are going for any of us who are now in the League of Extraordinary Druchii Gentlemen? It might help soothe the losses when we realise that we are not alone! ;) If so, would you mind linking it in the original post Tsunami?

We should make a signiature much like the corsair ones that Calisson made - I vote that it has a curly moustache in it somewhere! :D
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Calling me? :D

Allright, I could register here easily, as I'm not using any solo dreadlord (hardly ever done it anyway, and it was back in 7th ed).
Never used 2 hydrae either (I've got only one anyway).
And I never, ever used the bloody dagger.

Sorry guys, I'm not playing anymore. My sons are either gone or busy with studies and bored with WH.
Sure, that would technically qualify me as a gentleman.
But I would be more accurately be described as retired Druchii.

One signature suggestion - with mustache:

..../""""|
...|ô/ô 9..Real sportsmen hunt with arrows and fish with flies.
...~~/|...Real gentlemen play games which require skill, not tools.
...|__/\...Extraordinary gentlemen even win with them.
...[>o<].....Welcome to theLeague of Extraordinary Druchii Gentlemen.

Code: Select all

[color=black]....[/color][color=yellow]/""""|[/color]
[color=black]...[/color][color=violet]|ô/ô 9[/color][color=black]..[/color][i]Real sportsmen hunt with arrows and fish with flies.[/i]
[color=black]...[/color][color=yellow]~~[/color][color=violet]/|[/color][color=black]...[/color][i]Real gentlemen play games which require skill, not tools.[/i]
[color=black]...[/color][color=violet]|__/[/color]\[color=black]...[/color][i]Extraordinary gentlemen even win with them.[/i]
[color=black]...[/color][color=red][size=9][>o<][/size][/color][color=black].....[/color][i]Welcome to the[url=http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?p=842355#top][color=red]League of Extraordinary Druchii Gentlemen.[/color][/url][/i]

Black & white:

../""""|
.|ô/ô 9..Real sportsmen hunt with arrows and fish with flies.
.~~ /|...Real gentlemen play games which require skill, not tools.
.|__/ \...Extraordinary gentlemen even win with them.
.[>o<]....Welcome to the League of Extraordinary Druchii Gentlemen

[color=black]..[/color]/""""| 
[color=black].[/color]|ô/ô 9[color=black]..[/color][i]Real sportsmen hunt with arrows and fish with flies.[/i]
[color=black].[/color]~~ /|[color=black]...[/color][i]Real gentlemen play games which require skill, not tools.[/i]
[color=black].[/color]|__/ \[color=black]...[/color][i]Extraordinary gentlemen even win with them.[/i]
[color=black].[/color][size=9][>o<][/size][color=black]....[/color][i]Welcome to the League of Extraordinary Druchii Gentlemen[/i]
Last edited by Calisson on Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Ichiyo1821
Highborn

Post by Ichiyo1821 »

Played with just Spearmen, Crossbowmen, Cold One Knights, 1 Hydra, Blackguard and 1 Supreme Sorceress with Dark magic and no Dreadlord or POK against a mean Skaven army and I got pummeled in turn 4 haha.

DE Turn - 1 I killed 1 Warpfire Thrower and flew Harpies next to this HPA.
Skaven T1 -On his turn he 13th Dreaded my Crossbowmen and it goes trough. Kills 16. Both Warp Lightning Canon failed to do anything.

DE Turn 2- My Hydra breathes fire on his HPA followed by 40 RXB shots. I get 8 6's! Dead
Black Horror kills 20 Plague Monks.
Skaven Turn 2 - Wither on COK. 2 Warp Lightning misfires! lucky me!

DE turn 3 - COK and Black Guard front and flanked charged 40+ something Slaves and overruns into his Storm Vermin.
Skaven Turn 3 - His Furnace charges my Spearmen along with Censer Bearers, wipes the. Wither on COK and 13th Dreaded on Blackguard. I dispel 13th but had no DP left for Wither.

DE turn 4 -Black Horror kills more Plague Monks. Hydra flank charges Slaves who are steadfast on 5. He makes it, fckerrrr!Cok whittle down Stormvermin block.
Skaven turn 4- Plague Monks + Furnace charges my COK.

DE turn 5 - COB kills Gutterrunners, Hydra kill Slave unit.Black Guard charges flank of Plague Monks and wipes out unit.
Skaven turn 5- Wither IF on COK + Master. Dead. 13th Dreaded again on Blackguard. 15 die.

By this turn I had a Hydra, Supreme Sorceress and COB BSB and 1 Harpy unit left. He had his 2 Warp lightning Canons, 1 5 Man StormVermin, BSB, Grey Seer, Furnace with no Monks left. Haha I got stomped hard. I conclude that against an army like that I need more hammers! 13th Dreaded and Wither was just unstoppable rolling so many 5's. He was over me by about 500 points or so.

There yah go! No Hydras, no Dreadlord, no POK, no Shadow at 2250. We played Meeting Engagment but without the special deployment rules Lol! We forgot and thus the games was like Pitched battle with only 12 in between. We realized turn 3 but said fcuk it let's continue and just play. Haha I think this was my worst beatdown. Failing to stop the 13th Dreaded against an infantry heavy army is just bonkers plus Wither going off all the time ouch!
8th Edition

W/D/L
86/1/5

New AB
W/D/L
32/1/0

9th Age
W/D/L

Vae Victis
Character kill count -182

"To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill."

Armies
Dark Elves
Dark Eldar
Death Korps of Kreig
Lord tsunami
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord tsunami »

@Beans
sure, id link such a thread in the OP ^^

@Calisson
lol. lovely guy... cant help but think that a proper gentleman has a black/brown mustache though... too bad it wont work with the black background on the forum :D

@Ichiyo
bummer. better luck next time :)
Dangerous Beans
The Guiding Eye
Location: Sat drinking 'soul stealer' cocktails in the city of Vilebrier with Morathi...

Battle Reports of the Extraordinary League Of Druchii Gentlemen can be found HERE. Ichiyo's report is the first there and he's added a little more to the piece too...

If you are a druchii gentleman and signed up to this pact then please pop by and report how you're getting on - feel free to merely link to batreps if thats easier :)

Well well, Calisson you are like genie(us!) and indeed a true druchii gentlemen :D Alas the signature doesn't work with all the colour however I managed to make a non-colour one (code at bottom of this post).
I am saddened to hear of your sons moving on and/or getting bored with the hobby: you may be surprised however that the bug have bitten harder than you though ;) I have often found this to be the case anyway!

Right, I raise my glass of whiskey to Calisson, Tsunami and all of our other brothers in The League!
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Whiskey? Please not! I only drink pure malt scotch. ;)
Cheers.
On the drawing, please add a space after ~~ and between / and \, it will look better.
I've edited my "signature" post above.
About Druchii, I turned towards the RPG. Keeps me in a Druchii mood!

@ all gentlemen
Have fun with your games.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Dangerous Beans
The Guiding Eye

Ah yes indeed, I have done and he looks all the more dashing for it!

I have rewritten the signature code below so that it fits within the limit of character numbers of your profile. Copy and paste as needed...

[color=black]..[/color]/¨¨¨|
[color=black].[/color]|ô/ô 9[color=black]..[/color][i]Real sportsmen hunt with arrows and fish with flies.[/i]
[color=black].[/color]~~ /|[color=black]...[/color][i]Real gentlemen play games which require skill, not tools.[/i]
[color=black].[/color]|__/\[color=black]...[/color][i]Extraordinary gentlemen even win with them.[/i]
[color=black].[/color][size=9][>o<][/size][color=black]...[/color][i]Welcome to the League of Extraordinary Druchii Gentlemen[/i]

Edit: Calisson beat me to it - damned quick witted sea dog! :D
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

We need to send an expedition of Warhammer players to Brest.

P.S. I want to be like the cool kids, so I guess that dreadlord pegasus rider is going to become a master. Count me in.

First up, tomorrow evening, a 2.5k bout versus an empire army, run by a player against whom I am about 18-0 up (although admittedly he usually plays O&G, not played against his empire army before). Should be a nice easy entry into the league. I'll try to write a quick precis after, although a bat rep may not be feasible at the moment...
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Pjeos
Executioner

Post by Pjeos »

Hi there,

I just started playing without Dreadlord after seeing the thread, it served me as the final nudge to start playing with a new list I long ago thought of, meant to be played at around 2.5k. The core of the list would be:

Lvl4 Shadow
CoB BSB
5x20 Warriors with full command, one of the unit has Discipline Banner
3x5 Harpies
2x5 CoK with musician
War Hydra

And the rest of the points would go into supportive units (mainly Shades or RBT) and/or more Warriors. I like the ETC format a ot so I play by those rules even in normal games, so no 10 dice Mindrazor, no Power of Darkness and no Sacrificial Dagger abuse.

Keeping that in mind, I'd say this is a pretty gentle list, don't you think?

I'll post some more feedback in the future.

Salu2