Lore of Magic...

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Mindrazored
Shade

Lore of Magic...

Post by Mindrazored »

I cant decide whether to use Dark Magic or Shadow Magic. I only run one level 4 and her items depend on her lore. Shadow she is in a bunker of Spear Elves with Sac Dagger, AoD and PoK. Dark Magic she is on a Pegasus with FF, AoD, and PoK. Check the army list forum it should be called 2000 Point Dark Elves List for whats in my army. If you need me to post it here lemme no thanks for all the help in advance!
My Druchii: 5/0/6

Im A Proud Member of the League of Extrordinary Druchii Gentleman
Lord tsunami
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord tsunami »

you should have her in a bunker if you use dark magic too. the beauty of dark magic is that all spells are very cheap, meaning you can cast all five of them every turn. that means 5 extra PD from the dagger each turn. you can overwhelm even dwarf antimagic that way, and you do not risk unnecessary miscasts. Bottom line is: the dagger scales with the number of spells you actually cast, and since dark magic allows you to cast the highest number of spells, it is the school that scales best with the dagger.

that being said, both are fine choices. i prefer dark magic because of the versatility, but you really wont go wrong with either :)
Mobius
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Mobius »

It's early, so please forgive me...but what is the AoD?
I can't seem to think of anything other than Armour of Darkness, but a Sorceress can't take that.
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

Could be Anvil of Doom, but she's not a dwarf runelord either ;)

From the description, I think the OP has made a mistake here which you correctly flag. It was pointed out to him on his army list thread too, so it is a little peculiar to see it resurfacing here...
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Phierlihy
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Phierlihy »

When I read it I was thinking Armour of Living Death but a Sorceress can't wear it. I've no idea... That's why I take the time to actually spell things out.
Proud supporter of druchii.net
phierlihy@druchii.net
Alandrian
Slave on the Altar

Post by Alandrian »

For me it would have to Dark Magic. As already mentioned it has low casting values. Also there are some great spells in there e.g. Word of Pain can be fantastic cast at the right time reducing that large unit of blender chaos warriors to WS 1. Soulstealer is great against hordes and Black Horror is fantastic value at the moment on only an 11+ when you consider how much some of the vortex spells from other lists cost e.g. Curse of da Bad Moon or the Tomb Kings one (Skull storm?).

Alandrian