You know you play too much warhammer when...

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

xFallenx
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by xFallenx »

Desmodeus wrote:- When the neds in your old highschool called you a 'goff' (neds can't seem the pronounce 'th' sounds) you pointed out you weren't big and green...

- Your girlfriend not only laughed, but adopted this comeback herself...

- Her friend understood the refference and informed her she was spending too much time with you.

May I also point out, all of these are true? :P

Yikes!
Svarthofthi
Executioner
Location: Within the nightmare twists and turns of Hag Graef.

Post by Svarthofthi »

- when in a tall building you gaze down at the "fools" below and plot their demise with a cold calculative glare for their "crimes" against you; then realize that you are, unfortunately, not the dreaded Witch King.

- spending most of your work day coming up with a way to field a male sorcerer in a Druchii army because you want to be an avatar on the field of battle and you like wizards too much.
"I have heard the call to power! Who of you can say you'd dare tread the same path as I?"
Nellamik
Black Guard

Post by Nellamik »

If you have read all this post up to here.

If you have your entire warhammer notes, lists, PDF files, pics and more on a USB jump drive and carry that in your pocket where ever you go in case you need it. (I do)

If you have 5th edition books, models and the magic card set.
No amount of planning can ever replace dumb luck.
Stormxiii
Warrior

Post by Stormxiii »

... when you think that writing some 'python' code to generate virtual dice throws resolving both 'to hit' and 'to wound' checks in a row might be a great improvement in speed as well a a good coding exercise

well, maybe that's not the kind of thing a warhammer purist would appreciate...Anyway, after reading the whole topic I can say that you guys are crazy (especially you 2 :

The Shadow King wrote:
Crawd wrote:... when each of your models has a name.

Guilty
I even name the minis I don't have

.. so who cares ?

ps : don't misunderstand me, this topic is funny and witty ^^
Dangerous Beans
The Guiding Eye
Location: Sat drinking 'soul stealer' cocktails in the city of Vilebrier with Morathi...

Post by Dangerous Beans »

masterofdarkness wrote:When either your toast at your wedding, your eulogy or a speech in your honor contain references to past warhammer victories
Yeah my mate did that hahaha!!! :D All the guests were VERY baffled! ;)

Nellamik wrote:If you have 5th edition books, models and the magic card set.
I like having the resource there 8)
-----------------------------------

You know you play too much warhammer when... you laugh manically when you hear about a couple fighting and eventually how they resolve the disput, but you imagined it as 'Close Combat Resolution'.

Whilst surfing and its busy with many people, you wish that you had a hellion's skyboard...

Your cat responds to "squiggoth" by jumping up onto the gaming board and laying down in your deployment area - and all because you have a new armybook but needed some 'counts as' pieces to test ideas in 40k apocalypse...
Ichiyo1821
Highborn

Post by Ichiyo1821 »

You take a effing initiative test to cross a street against a speeding car...

You refer being drunk as a failed Strength test...
...after saying you failed a ld test to restrain yourself from doing so..

You wake up and realize your bed is filled with chopped up bits and dried green stuff has stuck to you clothes...

You screw with your buddy's girl and when he catches you you say"....err your turn bro?"
8th Edition

W/D/L
86/1/5

New AB
W/D/L
32/1/0

9th Age
W/D/L

Vae Victis
Character kill count -182

"To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill."

Armies
Dark Elves
Dark Eldar
Death Korps of Kreig
Mydreamkiller
Trainee Warrior

Post by Mydreamkiller »

Your friends make jokes about failing your charge range or iniative test when you bomb a sick jump at the terrian park. (sad but true, shred on)
A dagger in the dark is worth more than a thousand swords at dawn.
Kieranfoy
Slave on the Altar

Post by Kieranfoy »

When you refer to your President as Malekith.*

Although that would have been excusable a few years ago. ;)

*Or whatever your country's leader is.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

List of things to do
Khaines Puppet wrote:MUST REMEMBER SLEEPING IS MORE IMPORTANT THEN WARHAMMER.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

This is definitely one to try when I'm roleplaying on the board. The sleeping instead, that is.

You might be playing too much Warhammer when ...

You want to crochet a cuddly Cold One ...

... and you already made two out of felt.

And you saw a pattern for a knight finger puppet ... and had to make him a Cold One Knight instead.

When hobbies collide! :D
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Dustin888
Trainee Warrior

Post by Dustin888 »

I know when I play to much warhammer when my bearded dragon falls out of his tree and I assume he's ok because he has a 5+ scaly skin save
Carolus
Executioner

Post by Carolus »

When you basecoat your summer house with chaos black spray and then paint it by hand with citadel colours
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

When you can use the phrase "Kill! Maim! Burn!" in one or two college essays not about warhammer and still have it make sense in context.
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra
Noble korhedron
Empire General

Post by Noble korhedron »

Goblin Stalker wrote:... when you put off studying for tomorrow's final by spending hours on a warhammer forum

Regretfully, agreed..... :( :oops:
Regards,

NK.

http://ulthuan.net/forum
http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/index.php
http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php
http://www.bartertown.com/trading/index.php

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.
Nightcall
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Nightcall »

When ordering minis on eBay, you leave feedback along the lines of "Malekith is pleased, and shall spare you... this time."
Casaythe Blackstorm - Warrior (Corsair) - Group 22
Skills: Awareness, Endurance
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations
Stats: WS4, S4, T5, D3, I4

Mod, Group 38
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

When you are a reptile breeder, but amongst all the snakes and lizards you have to top the collection off with a Ceratophrys frog for a magic touch.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-LUlabUfN16Q/T ... o1_500.jpg

(true story, although I no longer keep the frog but I did. Now my RL lizard army is Saurus heavy like my tabletop one 8) )
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

If you have 5th edition books, models and the magic card set.

How about if you also have the 3rd edition army compendium and a bunch of the 4th edition books, not to mention an army which uses the veritably ancient Warhammer Fantasy Regiments Dark Elf Crossbowmen as RxBs and the original Dark Elf Warriors are Warriors? Not to mention an old school manticore that is so small that it can't be seen when positioned behind a unit of Cold One Knights...

You have an spell of incredibly good luck in your real life for a bit, which you describe to your gaming buddies as 'I just kept on rolling sixes...'

And finally (for now), you've mustered over 2,500 posts on a Dark Elf forum within a period of just over 2 and a half years :/
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Ma1us
Trainee Warrior

Post by Ma1us »

When you play rugby and see a forward running at you, you jump out of the way, and at the end of the game when you coach asks you why you say that you failed your Ld test :D
"If nothing else, Malus Darkblade, you can be counted on to react to adversity with as much violence as physically possible"- Tzarkan
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

How about if you also have the 3rd edition army compendium and a bunch of the 4th edition books,

And how about when you have as many of the old books and versions as you can and are searching like some crazed lore junkie for older fluff! More versions! Both so you can have more tasty tasty knowledge but also, so have a reference to point to when someone gets out some daffy new idea like celibate Witch Elves* :D Witch Elves are about as far from nuns as it is possible to get. They're (the old books, not the Witch Elves) also useful if you want to show someone male Sorcerors when they say there aren't any in the fluff.

I'm not sure what this habit is called, Lore Addiction maybe, but it's probably a sign of too much Warhammer ... background :D

*For those of you not acquainted with old lore from the time when dinosaurs walked the earth (Slann?), Witch Elves used to lead the Dark Elf armies in what, on a family forum, we'll call "post battle celebrations". Any male children born to them were trained as assassins if they survived being chucked in the cauldron as an offering to Khaine, and any girls got raised as Witch Elves.

Well, I guess it might be an extra incentive to win for some of the troops?
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Flash29
Assassin

Post by Flash29 »

when you're more worried about your fantasy quiz results on a local tournament, then your exam results on a college test.
Khorth
Slave on the Altar

Re: You know you play too much warhammer when...

Post by Khorth »

These are great! time for some more posts... !lol!

... when you affectionately refer to offspring as nurglings... and yourself as papa Nurgle...