Group 22

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Dauricha
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dauricha »

Sparks flew as the wickedly sharp bone scored a fierce line over the demonic headpiece. Piss and darkness, he leapt back as the halberds wicked blade and tip slashed forward. He was pushed further back, the rain fell, making him heavy and sticky with the heavy metal tang of it. He moved back further, blinded for a moment by a hell bolt of energy.

Soon he was back in the center of the square. Sal and Fiat were at his side, and he moved away slightly fro the ressurected warrior. By the black teeth of hell, they were beat. The storm grew worse. Here they were in bloody rain about to die. His chest was heaving, as he blinked the blood out of his eyes. a spell dropped, and he saw the hordes coming towards them, through the gate at to the cities doom.

friggin bloody darkness! Fine, fine lets bloody die! He raised Deathspitter in one hand, blood trickling over its fine etching. It was a good weapon to die with.

Phalx will fire Deathspitter, cursing and fighting, till he sees his very gut strewn before him, and the last cursed breath leaves his lips.
Phalx Tr'dasr – WS5 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Deathspitter (5/20) 4 of these poisoned (1/2x QD, 3xSD), short sword, dagger, punching dagger (Bloodthirst Rune), shade cloak, full leather armour
Inventory: thieves tools, torches x3, healing balms x5, rope and grapple, Vikarh map, dice, winter gear, orc tusk,
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 5829
Skills: Basic Stealth, Precision Fire, Basic Ride, Frenzy, Ambidexterity,Suithenlu Khythan (1): SP2
Class: Shade
Check out, http://thingsfrom1934.com/
Nightcall
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Nightcall »

'Magic storm?' Casaythe queried, looking at the swirling inky cloud to the north. The sky rumbled, and flashes of light tore through the sky, strobing the city with bold shadows. The Merchant's district seemed unusually quiet, save for Caraoc's singing, which rose to a crescendo over the sounds of thunder. Casaythe had often been accused of being mad, yet his comrade would make a jaberwock appear sane. 'Will you be quiet!' he snapped, 'I'm trying to think.'

His forehead furrowed into a frown as the corsair tried to focus through the drink induced haze. Which way to go? A group of guardsmen jogged by, their footfalls drumming in unison as they made for a road that led north west. 'That way.' he pointed. As the pair ran through the city, the sky grew even darker. Windows were shuttered and lamps were lit. Cautious of every niche and alley, Casaythe checked each potential ambush point as they ran past, consciously pointing the head of his glaive towards street openings or courtyard entrances.

There was a sudden flash of lightening and a deafening clap of thunder that followed nearly immediately after. It would seem the storm was above them now. The sound of large raindrops was heard, hitting the buildings and street, but something was very, very wrong. Casaythe paused, rubbing his wet face with his hand. His fingers were slick with red, and he placed his hand to his mouth to tentatively taste the substance. 'By the Kraken, it's raining blood!' he cried, looking up at the black storm cloud. Caraoc urged they move on, and Casaythe agreed. With renewed urgency he and his companion hurried onwards.

The pair followed the road until it joined a larger byway that intersected Vikarh. They had finally reached the road to the North Gate. It seemed that they had been running forever, but they still had far to go.

Finally they saw signs of life ahead. A band of Druchii mercenaries were mobbing something, laying into it with sword, axe, and spear. Casaythe gestured to Caraoc that he was going to take a closer look, and arrived at the mob just in time to see their victim hacked down. With a snarl it spun around and fell to the floor, only to be stabbed and hacked by its assailants, who hurried off towards the Nobles' Quarter in search of fresh quarry. Casaythe knelt by the corpse as Caraoc flipped the itover with a bare foot. An elongated snout was locked into a death snarl, beady eyes devoid of life staring blankly at the angry sky. 'Haven't seen one of those since I was in Altdorf...' mused Casaythe, recognising the skaven.

OOC: Will let Calisson post again before I do the next bit.
Casaythe Blackstorm - Warrior (Corsair) - Group 22
Skills: Awareness, Endurance
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations
Stats: WS4, S4, T5, D3, I4

Mod, Group 38
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

A thick spray of bolts flew straight up at the witch, only to be warded off by some kind of force shield; the oath on Vryala's lips warping into a vicious curse. At least her action caught the foe's attention - Kirathi seemed to take her focus off the deathly orb, and summoned yet another lethal projectile. V only just managed to duck out of the way; the shockwave of the bolt still sending her prone and heavily concussed.

Her two friends shouted something as they charged past, towards the City gate. It didn't register. She could see, however, that the great doors were now nigh fully opened. Vikarh was doomed, as was House Blackthorn, as was the Drach's rule - sure enough, she and her friends would die in this place. V's head swam even now, but she could clearly hear Kirathi over the din of battle, proclaiming much the same. She frantically tried to steady her vision, regain some sense of balance. As far as she was concerned, the fight with this bloody loud-mouth witch wasn't over just yet.

If I must fall here, by Khaine, I'm going to take you with me! I swear, even if it's the very last thing I do...

...I'll make you shut the **** up!

Using her dagger for purchase, Vryala attempts to scale the dark fulcrum, and get her mitts on Kirathi once more. REVENGE!
Vryala Naïlo - WS5 / S5 / T5 / D5 / I4

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Mount: Dark Steed (Blanky), barding, talisman of Protection
Gold: 1735
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Anarin Sarath (2), Basic Ride
Class: Warrior
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

'Haven't seen one of those since I was in Altdorf...' had mused Casaythe.

The corpse belonged to a disgusting Skaven. It was lying in a pool of blood. One could not tell whether that blood was coming from the corpse or from the sky.

The feeling of the dead fur on Caraoc’s barefoot had been disturbing. He rinsed his feet in the blood pond; they were tainted in red already, it would not make them any worse. His cloak, fortunately, was tight enough to protect him from the rain.
Before leaving the corpse, Caraoc cut off a small piece of fur with his pocket knife (all sailors have a pocket knife at all times, Caraoc made no exception).

”Only one of them? They would be more dangerous in schools. We better stayed with that group of mercenaries... err...”
Looking around, Caraoc found that the group of warriors had totally vanished in the dark streets. They were by themselves.
”Nah, they’re gone. Anyway, they were not headed towards the North Gate.
We’re far from that gate, still. Will we meet more Skaven as we get closer?
I’m glad that there will be reinforcement sent to support us. Even if they can’t fight decently, that will provide more targets to the rats. “

Casaythe and Caraoc resumed their way North.
As one would expect from seasoned sailors, they selected their path in accordance with the wind and the rain: they would walk near the walls that provided the best protection.
They were more cautious, and this time, they knew what to expect.
Caraoc asked his companion:
“These Skaven, they are said to have weird weaponry. Tell me, mate, in Altdorf, did you see anything like this storm?”

Meanwhile, Caraoc was preparing his staff.
It was a sturdy staff, precious ebony wood hardened with ivory and steel at one end and copper at the other end.
In order to teach the staff about what would be its next target, Caraoc kept stroking it with the piece of fur cut from the dead Skaven. He could feel electricity accumulating in the staff, energized with hatred against the disgusting fur.

Their progression had been slow.
Finally, the precautions they had taken proved useful: they spotted a sinister silhouette of ratman before being seen themselves.
Well, actually, not long before. Still, that was a moral victory already. 8)

Caraoc had prepared a lightning spell with the staff.
For many years, Caraoc had played with lightning, every time when a storm provided the adequate alibi. He knew how to make the initial direction accurate, although quickly the bolt would abruptly bend towards unpredictable directions.
For a lone Skaven, a lightning grasp would suffice. At breath range, the shock would be enough to stun the rat for a couple of minutes. Caraoc had merely to point swiftly the staff towards its victim.
Now, in case there were others of the kind, a real lightning would be handy. Longer range, much more power, enough to set some cloth in fire or to cut a limb. However, that would be more likely to empty faster the power accumulated so far into the staff.

Readying the staff in his hands with a full load of concentrated Azyr energy, Caraoc scrutinized the surroundings.
Not an easy task, as stars were hidden and their light would not create shadows.
Is that thing alone?

Ready to discharge a lightning bolt. Checking how many foes are there.

OOC @ Nightcall – Here you go, the floor is yours.
Please, wouldn’t you mind to spell Caraoc with « c » ?
Thanks, mate.
Mount: -
Gold: 100
Skills: Power of Azyr (2), Evasion
Class: Mage
Last edited by Calisson on Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

The gate was open, they had failed. They had failed and now all the hordes of the chaos legions seemed to be marching right through the gate and into Vikrah. He had a chance of getting into the gate house, maybe closing the gate but that would do them little good now. By the time it was closed, assuming the mechanism could be operated by one elf, enough chaos warriors would have entered the square to kill all of his allies, follow him and simply re-open the gate. He would spend his life to buy the city minutes at best and frankly though he had some affection for the city Elysian wasn't that sort of elf.

'He who fights and runs away lives to fight another day,' the mage thought to himself, certainly this was a fight they could no longer hope to win. That was not something that seemed to bother his companions however all of whom seemed perfectly willing to die rather than retreat and strike again. Vikrah was penetrated but that was far from the end of it, mighty forces still waited to give battle and they might yet obliterate these human upstarts. Elysian meant to be a part of that victory or at the very least out live an eventual defeat.

"This fight is done!" Elysian shouted trying to be heard above the roar of the storm and the clash of armoured boots on stone
"We can do no good here, if you would do your duty and have your revenge then do not sell your lives so cheap." Almost certainly they would not listen to him, Vryala was fixated on Kirathi, Phalx was ever a blood fiend and Elysian had rarely seen him more enraged while Karonath was a Khainite and there was little more to be said. Fiat and Saldrimek were not yet so engrossed by their enemies here but their loyalty would likely mean that they would stand and fall together rather than retreat. Be that as it may though Elysian was not about to join them. Somewhere Blackthorn was raising reinforcements, the Midnight guard and the remains of the city watch had blades aplenty and the temple's fearsome host could still bloody the streets faster even than the storm. They needed to know what had happened here.

He would not go without at least giving the others a chance however. Trying once more to use a little of this storm's potential, though with a great deal more care than before, Elysian chanted a spell he would not normally attempt. Reaching out to Chamon he focused on the guard's fighting Phalx and Karonath.
"Burn with me!" he finished his incantation

Elysian will attempt to heat up the face plates of the warriors fighting Karonath and Phalx, he doesn't need to reduce them to slag, the pain should be enough and it might blind them. He hopes that will let them withdraw, maybe after killing their opponents but doubts that they will. That aside he is getting out of the square and heading in the direction of the nobles quarter and house Blackthorn since it is the nearest place he knows that reliable reinforcements might come from.

Sorry guys but he is a Druchii thief/shadow mage. He really doesn't do last stands.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

OOC - You new guys will probably pick up quite quickly, that I will post every evening if I can even if some of you have not replied. The intended post rate is daily, but I understand that this is not always possible for all of us including myself. Also, the order in which you reply is usually the order in which attention is given to you in my modposts. While both groups are separate I may move one along with no mention of the other, depending on who has posted. This applies whenever people split up into more than one group.

And all I can say to the others... You lot are mad :shock:

IC -

Phalx watched as the Chaos horde descended upon the square, marching forth in an intimidating line of armoured bulk and deadly weapons. Their mission to ensure Lord Kronus did not open the gate had failed, but he would be damned if that meant he was going to back down. Even in the face of overwhelming odds, he stood his ground and swung Deathspitter up from its strap. He pointed the deadly crossbow at the line of horned warriors that even this close just marched forwards without breaking into a charge, as though they intended to walk through the group rather than stop to fight them. He let out a wild roar which was lost over the drone of the rain and the beat of heavy footsteps on the stone. He squeezed the trigger and let fly with a whole clip of bolts, watching as the iron projectiles punched their way into shields and chestplates alike, the warriors uncaring and unfaltering in their stride. Only when a bolt hit one of them in the head, lancing through his visor and into the head within, did they seem to die. The rest of the horde stepped over those that did as they continued to bare down on the mercenaries.

Beside the Shade, Karonath and Elysian were still being beaten back by the press of numbers and the sweeping halberds of Kronus' guards. Now one of them had turned his attention on the Mage, and was sweeping his heavy weapon at him until Saldrimek intervened. The Khainite flew at the guard just as Fiat landed a shield bash against Kronus himself, the warrior bringing his sword across in a vicious cut that the highborn blocked as he stumbled back. Saldrimek swept his axe around, knocking his opponents halberd down and then chopping down as the halberd rose up again to sever the weapons shaft clean in two. The guard did not hesitate as he was almost disarmed, stepping in and smashing his iron helmet against the Khainites' head as he dropped the lower half of the shaft and instead clutched the halberd in two hands like a small axe. He smashed the short weapon up and down at Saldrimek until he too was backing away under a flurry of blows.

Karonath danced in beside Fiat and swept her Draich at the other guard, who tried to hit the warrior from the side as he knocked Kronus back. Her Draich stalled the halberd before it hit her comrade, and she forced the weapon away and then brought her Draich around in a swing that went for the guards head. He ducked under it and drove his weight forwards, pushing her back just as the Chaos warriors reached them. The highborns' guards halted their advance as Elysian caused their helmets to heat up, forcing them to momentarily stop and pull them free of their heads. The Northmen ignored Kronus and his men, flowing around them like a river flows around rocks, coming face to face with the mercenaries as they backed towards Vryala and the arcane fulcrum one step at a time, unable to stop the relentless push that forced them back. Where Kronus and his guards fought with all the agility and finesse of well trained Druchii, the men of the Wastes were more brutal and direct in their approach.

Their armour stalled the blows their shields did not, the warriors not caring to block the attacks of the mercenaries with their own weapons in favour of simply hacking away at them, lunging swords forwards or chopping down with axes, slamming maces into whatever presented itself and cleaving away at those in their path. Karonath felt something heavy smash down on her shoulder, already aware of the swords that were striking her armour in search for exposed flesh. Elysian and Phalx were barely armoured compared to their friends, and each was almost instantly dealt one cut and then another. The Mage ducked under the heavy swing of a halberd and almost stood up face first into a sword, he had no choice but to fall back. Phalx hissed in anger as Deathspitter clicked empty, and then took a sword against his shoulder which turned his hiss of anger into one of pain. He hopped back as an axe tried to split him in two, and was instantly in combat again as the Northmen advanced with him, relentless in their assault.

Fiat and Saldrimek were met with the same brutality as their friends, the Khainite lopping off the head of one of the warriors with a vicious cry before he was suddenly dealt a hammer blow that must have cracked his arm. The limb went almost limp at his side, as she swung his axe one handed at the attacker only to have an axe open a great cut across his chest, splitting his robes and leather armour open in a spray of red that was lost in the rain. The Khainite stumbled away from the fight, Fiat left before the horde with his sword embedded in the face of one of the armoured warriors. He let go of the weapon and threw his shield at another as if to try and slow them down, reaching for the halberd at his back just as a sword bounced off his own magical helmet, followed by a hammer which dented his chest plate. The warrior could not stand against so many, Lord Kronus suddenly pushing through to the front again and plunging his sword together into Fiats' shoulders. The warrior howled in agony, skewered on the spot as the Chaos warriors at either side of him turned and made to bludgeon him with their maces.

Saldrimek grabbed his comrade and pulled him off the swords, eliciting another great roar of pain but saving his life just as the hammers of their enemies swept through the air where he had been. The iron boots of the Northmen stepped ever further into the City, Saldrimek dragging Fiat until he turned and himself decided to flee, dripping with blood and struggling for breath within his dented armour. The warrior shoved Elysian into running back as well, as Saldrimek attempted to grab both Phalx and Karonath under one arm each and turn them away, the Shade howling like a madman as he swept his sword aimlessly at the iron giants that opposed them, Karonath embedding her Draich in a warriors torso even as she was dragged away. They ran for the fulcrum, only a few yards behind them, and saw Vryala try and stab her dagger into the black stone so that she could find purchase and scale her way up to the Sorceress. The stone did now allow her dagger purchase however, as dark winds started to rise around the black fulcrum once again.

The Warriors of Chaos spread out like a flood of iron, spilling into the nearest side streets and kicking in the doors of the buildings surrounding the square, even as the majority of them advanced along the road.

Casaythe and Caraoc stopped at the side of the road as the Skaven appeared from a nearby alleyway, sniffing at the air for a moment before turning and spotting them nearby. Caraoc was already channeling the wind of Azyr into his staff, finding that even some distance from the swirling storm of magic in the sky above the North Gate the Winds were intoxicating in their power. The corsair seemed not to notice the change in the air, only noticing the ratman as it turned to face them and barred its teeth. The same thing crossed both their minds in that moment, were they up against just one of the little fiends, or were there others still lurking in the shadows? The answer revealed itself before either of them could speak, as the Skaven turned its head back the way it had come and chittered some sort of command. Behind the Skaven came the rest of its small pack, six others following it into the street and waving their weapons at the Druchii.

Suddenly they were outnumbered, but a quick glance back showed them that there was a group of other Druchii further down the road, heading their way. Perhaps a regiment of the City Guard, or just a mob of citizens who had taken up arms, they were not yet close enough to tell.

Phalx, -1 crossbow clip
Vryala, -1 crossbow clip (last modpost)
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

The two Druchii were outnumbered.
There was a decision to make: fight of flee?

In his own, unique style, Caraoc started to sing some kind of war song.
He knew it would lead sooner or later to a Clash.

The first rhymes were alternating with claps with his stick, in rythm with his voice.
"Skaven you got to let me know - tam tam tam, tam tam tam,
Should I stay or should I go? - tam tam tam, tam tam tam,
If you say that you are mine - tam tam tam, tam tam tam,
I'll be here 'til the end of time - tam tam tam, tam tam tam,
So you got to let me know - tam tam tam, tam tam tam,
Should I stay or should I go?

Filling progressively with hatred, Caraoc started taunting the enemy in his arcane language.
Always tease tease tease
You're happy when I'm on my knees
One day is fine, next day is black
So if you want me off your back
Well come on and let me know
Should I stay or should I go?

The last verses, yelled with provocative gestures, were full of fury:
Should I stay or should I go now? - tam tam tam tam tam,
Should I stay or should I go now? - tam tam tam tam tam,
If I go there will be trouble - tam tam tam tam tam,
And if I stay it will be double - tam tam tam tam tam,
So come on and let me know"

Caraoc was dragging the attention onto him.
The expected outcome was to surprise the Skaven, allowing the two companions to gain time and have the rescue come closer.
Meanwhile, Casaythe would have more freedom to act, as the Skaven would likely be impressed by the foolishness of Caraoc (<OOC, hopefully them only, not the readers :roll: IC>).
Nevertheless, a hatred influx was welcome at that time, and that song was providing it.
Finally, the longer he sang, the longer he would postpone the decision: fight or flee?

As the Skaven were gathering in a denser group, Caraoc got his staff ready. Full power! :twisted:

Teasing the Skaven. Readying the powerful lightning bolt.

<OOC: Thanks to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqH21LEmfbQ
and http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/ ... AB0031961D
<OOC: Nightcall, feel free to take back the floor somewhere before.
If I need to adjust, I'll edit.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

'No, never seen a storm like this in the Old World.' Casaythe replied, with a glance to the sky. 'Of course, the Northern Shores are different. I can't say I've been eager to land in the Wastes, always skirted around 'em.' he added, referring to his days at sea.

After investigating the dead skaven, the pair had continued northwards, Casaythe was mindful of the importance of joining the defence quickly, even though his instincts drove him to crave abandoning his task and instead search for empty houses and see what loot he might plunder. He had no doubt of what the City Guard would do to looters under such circumstances. Maybe the opportunity might arise later.

Their advance was stalled by one of the filthsome rat creatures appearing in the street before them. Caraoc gripped his staff, which seemed to ripple to Casaythe's untrained eyes. Casaythe slowly turned on the spot, seeking any hazards, his glaive at the ready whilst Caraoc prepared something for the flea ridden invader before them, singing another of his odd little songs. 'You know what they say about rats... you're never more than three foot away from one.' "and how many more..." he wondered to himself.

The rat seemed to bare it's chisel-like teeth at them, before turning and chittering. It was answered by its fellows, and suddenly six more of the vermin joined their friend. Encouraged by the favourable odds, the creatures had courage, and goaded each other to see who would attack first. "Well the rumours about the rats were true." the corsair thought, gauging the enemy whilst deciding which one to attack first. "Makes me wonder about the rest of it."

He had noted that there were some Druchii nearby, but not close enough to be of any help yet. If they could hold back the rats, and perhaps dispose of some of the creatures in the mean time... Their crude weapons looked as if they were perfectly capable of killing, and the rats had the bonus of teeth and claws should they be disarmed.

He yelled out, to startle the skaven pack, and lunged forwards, stomping a foot down loudly on the rain slicked street. At the same time, he swung his glaive across from left to right, arcing the sharp edge and aiming it to bite into the first rat to the left. Blood still fell from the sky, running down his hair and face, stinging his eyes. He wondered if they made it to the North Gate, what horrors they might encounter there.

Casaythe has stepped forward with a stomp, hoping to spook the rats a little. He is trying to slice into their number with his glaive, aiming for the far left. If his blow is successful he is aiming for the rat's flank, shoulder, or a decapitating blow (depending how short the creature is!)
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations

Mod, Group 38
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

Like a dam broken through by a rushing river, so the gates of Vikarh gave way to the tide of heavily armored Northerners now overrunning the City streets. All was lost; Vryala was fully prepared to make her final stand, and she knew her more headstrong companions were ready to do the same. Shrill and weak came Elysian's call, barely audible over the clang of metal, but somehow it did bring V back to her senses. Saldrimek came running back, dragging three others with him, among which was the heavily armored Fiat, and the sight of it made Vryala realise.

They weren't ready to die yet.

So that was the plan; stay alive. Regroup, plot revenge. But first and foremost: stay alive. Which meant getting the hell out of Dodge, their mission failed, Kronus' treachery unpunished. The Drach would not look kindly upon them, and Vryala smiled as she resolved to lunge on her sword before letting herself be captured by the ruler's Midnight Guard. She would bark an order to retreat, had it not been massively redundant. This isn't over, Kirathi...

Hightail it back to wherever in order to lick some wounds and report a failure.

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

OOC: Not sure why I needed to be carried back when I already said I was running but still.

IC: The gate was lost and though his voice made no great impact on his companions the timely arrival of Fiat and Saldrimek with their more hands on approach did the trick. Clearly there was no more to be done, they had to find themselves an army.

Same as before, run away and try to find reinforcements, preferably Blackthorn. If no better option arises that is the general direction Elysian will head, towards the estate.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Gentleman of Moderation
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

OOC - Sorry Drainial I had originally posted before seeing your reply (as you posted it while I was writing mine) so I just edited in your spell. Either way Fiat only gave you a shove in the right direction, or intended to but you were already running.

Also Skaven stand around 4ft tall as far as I am aware - they would be a bit taller but they tend to hunch forwards. Most elves are 6ft or more so they are chest-high to a Druchii.

IC -

The North Gate was lost to them. Lord Kronus and Kirathi had succeeded in their treacherous task, opening the gate and allowing the Northmen access to the City. Already scores of heavily armoured warriors had poured into the square and began to hunt the streets, the group retreating in their wake with no other options left to them. Kirathi hurled another bolt of dark magic after them as they ran, but the arcane energy fizzled out in the air above as it neared Saldrimek and his Shard of Darkness. Behind the wave of Chaos Warriors came their unarmoured marauder kinsmen, frenzied hairy men who carried flaming braziers and axes and spears. They spilled into the City behind their champions' advance, burning all that they could and howling out the names of their dark Gods.

The mercenaries saw no more of what came through, retreating to find a better position to regroup and try again. Their nimble legs carried them away from the hordes of Chaos before the Northmen could run them down, and they fled down the road casting hateful glances back over their heads as they witnessed their City begin to fall. Now free from the clutches of combat, Fiat explained over gasping breaths that Sevro was not far behind them, leading a regiment of his best guards to aid them at the gate. It was too late for that now, but regrouping with the rest of their allies seemed like the best place to start, from there they could try to fight back against the Northmen in whatever way possible. Leaving Kirathi atop her dark fulcrum, and Lord Kronus in the square amongst the hordes of Chaos, the group continued to move down the street in search for Sevro, the howling of Chaos echoing through the streets behind them.

As they jogged down the main road away from the gate, they saw other small groups of mercenaries and City Guard rushing through the side streets towards the north. They knew that soon enough those brave Druchii would be fighting skirmishes of their own against bands of Northmen, or be blasted apart by the arcane might of the traitor Sorceress upon her fulcrum if they made it to the gate. They had to slow their pace soon after evading the clutches of the Chaos army, Fiat badly wounded by the sword of Kronus and Saldrimek also suffering from the wound that had broken his arm. They had suffered the worst despite their late arrival, but everyone else was stung by minor cuts and burns in places as well.

They only slowed down further when they caught sight of others on the main road, spotting a small skirmish up ahead between what looked like a group of Skaven and two Druchii.

Caraoc tried to keep the ratmen busy as he prepared the rising winds of Azyr within his staff, wary as six more of the scurrying creatures joined the first in the street ahead of them. Beside him, Casaythe readied his glaive and watched as the ratmen began to rush forwards, each seemingly less eager than the others to be the first into the fight. Caraocs' attempt at intimidation had perhaps only confused the red eyed Skaven, who now snarled and chittered at the pair as they ran forwards to attack. Caraoc took aim with his staff as they neared, waiting for the moment when Casaythe stomped forwards and swung his glaive at the first Skaven to meet him on the left. With a crackle of arcane energy, the Astromancer expelled the Azyr energy he had been building in a bolt of forked lightning.

Casaythe roared and swept his long bladed glaive around, aiming at the neck of the first ratman with a horizontal cut that would have disemboweled another Druchii. As it was the Skaven was not so tall, and the keen edge of the blade met with its rank fur and bit deep into the flesh below. His strength all but drove the rat into the ground, where he had to put his foot on it and rip his weapon back out of its neck. As he did so, he saw a bolt of crackling lightning surge forwards from his comrades staff and connect with the metal weapon and scraps of armour wore by the Skaven. It made more lightning dance across the Skavens' fur, turning it black and smouldering before the lightning forked off onto the next Skaven as it ran past. This one too was charred by the arcane blast, causing a startled squeak from one of the others as the remaining three made it into combat.

One lunged at Caraoc, wielding a rusty sword and a small triangular buckler. The other two teamed up on Casaythe, one with two blades and one with three, the third clutched in its tail.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

That had been a powerful blast. :twisted: Good staff, good boy!
The burning fur covered the nauseous smell of blood coming from the rain.
Two ratmen were now lying down, a third one fleeing in panic.

Still, three of them were remaining.
How good are them in combat? Wish they were worse than me. No hurry to check this out.
The staff had nearly exhausted his Azyr energy for the moment.
It still could be considered for trying to wound Caraoc's opponent. Luck happens, but don't count on that.
Running away might not be the best option, Skaven had a reputation for running faster. But evading hits might suffice for a while.
The best use for the staff would be to parry the Skaven's attempts. Despite Caraoc not being experienced in melee, he had developed a talent to avoid being hitted - especially by fellow corsairs who were not pleased with his songs.
The last drop of Azyr energy stored inside the copper end of the side would love to jump into the Skaven's weapon, given the chance. Maybe not enough to wound the beast, but that would give the rat one more reason to be cautious.

Caraoc laughted hysterically, pointed the fuminating staff towards his opponent, and started to whirl the staff around his head.
"Do you want your share?"
Actually, Caraoc knew too well that the little sparks remaining in the staff would not hurt much his opponent, not for a short while.
But the more time he would get, the bigger grasp he would get from the storm above.
The rotation from the staff could influence the magic storm and create small whirlwinds. Once created, they would have to be controlled and sent towards the foe. Not an easy task, but Caraoc had done that sometimes in the past.
That would put off balance anything in vicinity, and move more or less randomly in a hundreds of yards before fading away.
If only Caraoc could get some more seconds to prepare it better?

Intimidating the Skaven. Parrying any hit.
Meanwhile, starting a small magic whirlwild spell.

<OOC: I'm used to metric system, but I can try to adapt.
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

K tried her move on, and the guy was strangely pliant. She knocked him back with ease, and wondered briefly if she shouldn't have been more ambitious. Then she saw the speed with which Kronus shoved the guy backup on his feet, and his own quick shimmy with what was rather a gigantic halberd. She also saw out the corner of one eye that the gate was still moving. The shiz was really piling up. Kronus came at her.

He too was fast. K dodged what she could, and took some more hits on the plate. There were too many big weapons coming at her, and she could not stop them all, all the time, and could not push her own weapon forward. She gave back, as did Phalx alongside her. Then the gates screeched wide, and everybody stopped a moment. She could hear the Sorceress shouting from up high somewhere, but did not look that way. Her eye was fixed on the gate, which was choked with great dark shapes. She could only see silhouette through the blizzard,with the bleared north sun behind them, but she knew the shape. Northmen, hundreds of northmen, coming in perhaps a dozen abreast through the wide flung gate. That was the drumming she had heard then, their thousands of iron boots.

K did not know precisely what she could do about that, she only knew what she could do. First, harm to Kronus and Company, and then harm to that living wall of iron. She turned her eye back on the guard in front of her, just as he turned back to hear, his halberd raised to strike again.

Somebody new crashed into the guy from the side, a flash of blue and silver that K knew well - she struck out at the big fellow but he had already righted himself - such strength and speed by Khaine - and then Kronus himself was into the front rank. K parried and danced backward. A great axe swept around beside her and she knew that Saldrimek must be here too.

She doubled her fury upon the three Druchii in front of her, and began to put in a few useful blows of her own, causing the man in front of her an injury and knocking Kronus back again. Before she and Fiat could press against the singled out guard, though, he was bashed aside by the low but broad figures of the first rank of northmen. Not that K was much taller than them herself, but there you are.

The men of Chaos pressed forward, hacking and bludgeoning at the Druchii with axes, swords, clubs and maces, and other weapons of no particular name. K found it easy to get inside their defences, because these men did not bother with any. They trusted to their shields and armour to defend them, and well they might - not even Bloodfeather could pass through without a mighty swipe, her own darting attempts bouncing and ringing. She dared no such mighty swipe ; too many weapons swinging, she had no time for such a manoeuvre. She would be crushed if she tried.

So she did all she could, and gave ground. She could not harm them, but she could perhaps slow them. The saw Saldrimek fall back out of the fight beside her, and then Elysian, and then Fiat too. Vryala had appeared beside her, and now she too was backing up quickly.

K and Phalx against an army - no, she could not even slow them now. She must run, live, and strike back when the time was right. And then Khaine help these ugly creatures.

Exodus

OOC : I say, that Kirathi has some damned gall to be calling on Khaine for help just now.
Layne
Global Moderator. Everything but the weather.

Caveat Numptor.

Karonath - WS6 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Inventory: longspear, 2 short swords, glaive, winter gear, shade cloak,
Mount: Dark Steed (Shiny), talisman of kurnous
Gold: 2294
Skills: Ambidexterity, Controlled Frenzy, Basic Ride, Drukh Kaganth
Class: Khainite
Dauricha
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dauricha »

Phalx was hissing and spitting, fine let them carry on fighting, in some back gutter, by some mutant whelp. The north gate had fallen, they had failed. Piss and darkness. He had seen the horde, seen how even as the bastards fell, their comrades walked over them, crumpling them into bits of broken bone meat and metal. What could they do against that. Virkarh was Virkarh, maybe thy would abandon it to Chaos, and destroy it from afar with great magics, better to wipe out the cancer, then trying to dissect it. Death was still very much on the cards.

They had been pulled back, somewhat forcefully, to regroup and rethink. To run and hide, to attack from the shadows. The wild Shade would still see that traitor lord dead, and his guards to if he could do anything about it. He saw guardsmen and bands of warriors running through the blood drenched streets. Virkarh would not go quietly, maybe there was still hope for them all.

One pair stood ahead, battling some of the horrid rat men. He spat out some blood rain that had collected in his hair and mouth. Something he could kill.

Phalx will come to the aid of these two, caring more about the stress relief of killing Skaven. Deathspitter is the tool of choice, with well placed shots.
Equipment: Deathspitter (5/20) 4 of these poisoned (1/2x QD, 3xSD), short sword, dagger, punching dagger (Bloodthirst Rune), shade cloak, full leather armour
Inventory: thieves tools, torches x3, healing balms x5, rope and grapple, Vikarh map, dice, winter gear, orc tusk,
Skills: Basic Stealth, Precision Fire, Basic Ride, Frenzy, Ambidexterity,Suithenlu Khythan (1): SP2
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

The sharp edge of his glaive met with one of the ambushing rats, the weight of the great weapon pushing the creature to the ground. Its neck was crushed, and Casaythe had to place a foot on the corpse to hold it steady whilst he freed his weapon from his victim. A bright flash appeared, accompanied by the sharp tang of magic in the air. This was not the storm, it was Caraoc, who had released a bolt from his staff. The lightning leapt from one skaven to another, both of the ratmen succumbing to the fatal power. Their bodies shook as the magic tore through them, then collapsed to the floor, their fur singed and flesh charred.

The corsair brought his glaive back up, holding the shaft diagonally across his body, the head of the weapon near his right shoulder. The surviving three rats seemed angered, not afraid, as Casaythe had hoped. One of them lunged at Caraoc, the other two teaming up to avenge the furred fiend that Casaythe had slain. He wove his glaive from left to right, eying each of the ratmen carefully to see who would attack first. Both were armed with a sword in each of their clawed hands. Casaythe crouched, pointing the head of his glaive forwards, and noticed one of the rats had a third sword in the grip of its pink tail. 'That's hardly fair...' he remarked, hoping Caraoc would be able to look after himself with the one rat attacking him.

Casaythe jabbed at the rat with three swords with the tip of his glaive. He then feinted at the second rat with a sweep from right to left, before swinging back to the right again with a blow aimed at his opponent's knees. He wouldn't fight so well without his legs.

There was a rumble to the north, and Casaythe felt a shiver run down his spine as a gust of wind blew his blood soaked hair back from his face. 'By the dark seas, what's going on up there?' he shouted in frustration. These damned skaven were slowing them down.

Casaythe has jabbed at 3 swords to hold him at bay, before feinting at 2 swords to distract him from an impending attack. He then has swept his glaive at 3 sword's knees, hoping to break or sever legs.

Mod, Group 38
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

Her pride well and truly quashed for the time being, V made back to regroup with the others. They had the advantage of Elven speed, and the pillaging barbarians behind could not keep up. Fiat had revealed Sevro and his men were close by, but as of yet they were out of sight - the first sign of life a skirmish further off up the road; she could make out two Druchii figures being assailed by a pack of Skaven.

Phalx was already running to assist them, and Vryala followed suit. Speed was of the essence - the vermin had to be dealt with fast.

V lunges shield first in the midst of the melee, disembowelling rats whenever she sees an opening.

Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Caraoc was almost surprised to see his spell go off and fry two of the ratmen, but with the arcane tempest nearby he knew it was not down to luck. Now one of the Skaven had reached him though, and stabbed at him with its small blade with agility that surpassed its inferior appearance. He was forced to block with his staff, all the while summoning more energy to try and create a tornado from the winds. He parried the creatures' quick attacks, while beside him Casaythe was now engaged by the other two vermin at the same time. The Corsair swept his glaive down, forcing the Skaven with three blades to hop back and then feinting a swipe at the other. As the first pounced back in again and tried to stab him with one of its blades, he brought his bladed weapon back down and cut through its knees. The Skaven squealed as it fell to the ground, lashing out at him with its tail blade even as it went down.

Caraoc had not fully channeled the power of Azyr into another spell when the Skaven he was fighting off suddenly slumped to its knees before him. He stepped back in case the rat was attempting some foul trickery, but a moment later the creature fell to its face on the ground and twitched as it died. He saw the black crossbow bolt protruding from between its shoulder blades, and looked up the street ahead to see a group of six Druchii mercenaries running towards them. The closest one was a hooded Shade with wild black hair, and had just shot down the Skaven for him. Now he put a second bolt into the head of the Skaven Casaythe had just immobilized, leaving only one of the cowardly creatures which turned tail and tried to flee from the Corsair and Astromancer.

This Skaven did not make it far, turning and running north towards the oncoming mercenaries only to be smashed to the ground by the shield of a female Warrior, who skewered the chittering creature on her bastard sword as it landed on its back in front of her. Also amongst the oncoming Druchii was a rogue wearing a dark cloak which seemed to shroud him from view, and a female Khainite, an assumption based not only on the large Draich she carried but on the blood soaking her hair and armour. Behind those four came a brute of a Warrior carrying a halberd, a silver helmet atop his brow, and another Khainite wielding a great axe and covered in piercings. These last two seemed to be injured, the Khainite holding one of his arms down by his side, the Warrior bleeding from two holes in his iron breastplate at either side of his collar.

When the Skaven were dead, the mercenaries slowed down and approached with weapons drawn. All of them looked like they had been through hell and back, causing Caraoc and Casaythe concern about what lay to the north.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Running away from the huge wall of armoured death quickly brought Elysian and the others to a pair of Druchii fending off the attacks of yet more Skaven, Elysian had almost forgotten about the rodents with the greater threat of the chaos armies but still they had to be dealt with when found. The Skaven were quickly eclipsed in Elysian's mind though when a flare of Azyr energy found form in a bolt of forked lightening that was no more natural than this bloody rain. A spell caster could mean several things and hardly any of them were good news for Elysian. Either they had come across a sorceress of the convent, yet more of the Chaos servants had infiltrated Druchii society or this was another rouge mage like himself. Of these the last would be best but even that had dangers. A single base born rouge mage was little threat and hard to trace, like seeking out a pickpocket in a crowded market place it was hardly worth the effort; when such elves began to gather though...

On consideration since the rats were attacking them and the magic fingerprints did not reek of the unfamiliar yet unmistakeable mark of Chaos Elysian thought the third option most likely. Still at this time they needed all the help they could get, chances were by the end of the night both he and the witch hunting authorities would both be dead in any case. As these thoughts were flashing through his head Vryala and Phalx had dealt with those rat men not taken care of by the strangers. Elysian pulled out his handbow even so, he did not trust this mage who ever she/he was, no more than others were wise to trust him.
"We should carry on and find Sevro and the guards, maybe we should take these with us," he said, nodding in the direction of the strangers. He might not have trusted them but an extra pair of warriors was not to be thrown away heedlessly.

No actions as such, draw hand bow and keep a wary eye on Caroc but suggest that we adopt them for the night.

Gentleman of Moderation
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

His glaive bit through bone and sinew causing the rat with three blades to fall to the ground. Casaythe whirled his weapon upwards in an arc, surprised that as the creature went down, it flicked a blow at him with the sword it clutched in its tail. The Druchii took two steps back and was bringing his glaive back down again for the coup de grace, when the rat choked a death rattle. Casaythe noticed a black bolt in the body, and looked to Caraoc, seeing that the rat that he was building up his next spell for, had also shared the same fate.

A group of Druchii had suddenly appeared. So engrossed in the fight, he had not spotted this party before. "Sloppy, Casaythe... not paying attention gets you a knife in the back." Casaythe halted his fight as the third rat was hacked down as it tried to flee, by a female warrior wielding an enormous sword after being slammed to the ground by a shield. "Impressive." he thought, making a mental note not to upset her.

There were six in the group that had approached and joined the fight. It would appear that a shade with a mass of untamed black hair had shot at the vermin. As well as the warrior woman, there was a mysterious character clad in a shadowy cloak, an assassin perhaps. A bloodsoaked maiden carrying a great weapon, was she a temple witch? Then there was a warrior bedecked in fine armour, walking beside a fellow with an axe. These pair seemed to be wounded. Were they on the way to a chirurgeon? They had cleared the hindering skaven for them, but for what purpose? And whose side were they on?

Casaythe stepped back, staring intensely at the strangers. He lowered his glaive, but kept a flexible grip on the weapon, fully prepared to swing into action again if he needed to. That elf with the crossbow was a good shot, and the corsair was not sure if he had it aimed at Caraoc and himself. All of the strangers had a weapon drawn. Always on the cautious side, he cocked his head and gave them a grin. 'Nice of you to intervene. Now if you've had enough of rat catching, perhaps you'd like to join my friend and I in defending the North Gate.' He had no idea...

Making polite conversation, doesn't know the state of the North Gate yet.

[Edit: OOC: Thanks for clarifying, Kinslayer, I have edited the post so it reflects this ;) ]
Last edited by Nightcall on Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mod, Group 38
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

OOC - Just to point out Nightcall, the group are not the Druchii you already spotted and have not 'caught up' with you - those are another regiment of Druchii approaching your position from the south, behind you. The group have just come from the north and so are in front of you on the road. And as the group are heading south in search of Sevro and the guards from the estate who should be heading their way, yes that is who is south of your current position. Hope that makes sense. Basically Casaythe and Caraoc are on the road between the group and Sevro and his guard regiment.

(The members of the group have not spotted Sevro & co yet, as they are too busy looking at the two mercenaries who block their view to further down the road)
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Dispatching the rats had been easy, dispatching the horde of chaos warriors would not be, and it seemed that as yet these two knew nothing of that. Well they wouldn't, as far as Elysian knew only he and the others who had been there had any idea that the cities walls had been breached. Still at least these two were apparently set on defending the city rather than running or looting.

"The North gate is fallen, we just came from there and barely made it away with our lives. The lost and the damned enter the city like a flood. If you would protect the city then come with us."

He thought it best to leave out the details, Kronos' betrayal and that of Kirathi would doubtless become known in time, Druchii were far better at learning secrets than keeping them, but he did not trust these two. He trusted no elf unless they gave him good reason to do so and he did not completely trust even his companions in lord Blackthorn's service. Rouge mages, and now that he saw the elf up close Elysian knew the Azyr mage could only be that, he trusted even less. Such creatures were always suspect, he knew that from long personal experience.

No action, just talk.

Gentleman of Moderation
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

What he said, snapped Vryala.

Moves on to find Sevro, no time for pleasantries I'm afraid...

Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Still confused about the results of the spell, Caraoc saw with great relief the Skaven he faced fall to a bolt.
Hopefully, these newcomers won't make a fuss about the use of magic. I've been told it was frown upon on land, especially when cast by males.
As Caraoc wasn't much sure whether the Skaven had been stunned or killed by the lightning, he proceed on to hammer all fallen Skaven's skulls with his staff.

Making sure all fallen Skaven are dead.

<OOC: very confused about who is where, in which group (including escaping Skaven). A summary from North to South would be handy. Thanks.
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

'Is that so?' Casaythe replied to the first newcomer that had spoken. The fellow seemed posh, and spoke with superior tone. "This one thinks he's clever..." Casaythe assumed, thinking that made him untrustworthy.

His companion with the sword and shield snapped a reply and Casaythe looked her up and down slowly. 'And I suppose you lot are heroically running away... in search of reinforcements?'

He turned to Caraoc and whispered to him in hushed tones. 'I don't like the look of this. But they might be able to tell us more about what is going on. What say you, is this an opportunity?' He turned back to the Druchii group. They looked like they had certainly seen action. Casaythe had no intention of being used as fodder, and was eager to gauge their intentions.

Is trying to decide what action should be taken.

Mod, Group 38
Dauricha
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dauricha »

'And I suppose you lot are heroically running away... in search of reinforcements?' Phalx had kept silent so far, eyeing up the witch and the corsair. These words set him over the edge. He stepped forward with a snarl as the two Druchii whispered to each other, Deathspitter pointed right at her, his eyes wild.

I'd keep your tongue pleasant fool, or I'll put a bloody hole through it!
He glared at the pair as he spoke his voice calm with steely rage beneath. If you two wish to die like piss gutted idiots, go North. We are going to survive, and more importantly see these Chaos licking whores dead and running themselves shitless back home. Follow if you can keep up. Phalx lowered Deathspitter, and made to head past the two.

Phalx has said all he needs to, now to go off and find some reinforcements, and judge what the next best thing to do is.