terrorgheist vs screaming bell

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Zantesuke
Warrior

terrorgheist vs screaming bell

Post by Zantesuke »

A question. Does a deathshriek of a terrorgheist work against a screaming bell?
No one ever survives life.
Lord tsunami
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord tsunami »

you scream at a unit. dont know if you can hit the bell (maybe hits are randomized to it? i dont have the skaven rules here). in either case you use the Ld, so the bell would get to use the Ld of the seer on top (im assuming the bell has Ld - here...)
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

Could you perhaps clarify why you think it might not work against a screaming bell? Otherwise I think Lord Tsunami is right.
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Zantesuke
Warrior

Post by Zantesuke »

you have to randomize between the bell and the seer, and I was confused a bit since the bell does not have a ld value.
its a grey seers mount in general, its a different size so I think you can choose to target the bell.
so in general I have to use the seer his ld value.
Flash29
Assassin

Post by Flash29 »

when aiming shooting attacks at a unit with a bell (or furnace) you must choose the bell (or furnace) or the unit as target. its one of the bell (or furnace) rules. then you do indeed randomize your 1 hit 5-6 is the grey seer (or plague monk), everything else is the bell (or furnace). as a models own unmodified ld is the highest leadership in the unit (very stupid FAQ) the bell has ld 7 if the grey seer is there and ld 5 if there are clanrats. if both are gone, the bell has a ld of 0.

note that wounds are not randomized, hits are so whoever you roll on the randomisation, it gets all the wounds. also note that skaven only benifit from their extra leadership in panic, fear, terror and break tests.
Zantesuke
Warrior

Post by Zantesuke »

flash29 wrote:when aiming shooting attacks at a unit with a bell (or furnace) you must choose the bell (or furnace) or the unit as target. its one of the bell (or furnace) rules. then you do indeed randomize your 1 hit 5-6 is the grey seer (or plague monk), everything else is the bell (or furnace). as a models own unmodified ld is the highest leadership in the unit (very stupid FAQ) the bell has ld 7 if the grey seer is there and ld 5 if there are clanrats. if both are gone, the bell has a ld of 0.

note that wounds are not randomized, hits are so whoever you roll on the randomisation, it gets all the wounds. also note that skaven only benifit from their extra leadership in panic, fear, terror and break tests.

Its crystal clear, tnx
Stonecutter
Noble

Post by Stonecutter »

The new vamp book has changed the wording for death shrieks and howls. The wording now indicates that wounds caused by these attacks are, "distributed as from shooting." Accordingly, the wounds would be randomized with 1-5 hitting the bell and 6 hitting the seer (pg. 43 skaven book).
Flash29
Assassin

Post by Flash29 »

huh, thats right, weird. then again, its not unmodified or anything so I guess it makes sense to have it distribute wounds, rather then hits.