Cob :)

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Kekenda
Trainee Warrior

Cob :)

Post by Kekenda »

Nightcall
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Nightcall »

That's an interesting take on things. What extras did you use there? Is that a Nazgul figure that you've painted as an evil rising glob of gore? :D

Like the way you have painted your witch elves.

The stand looks a bit neglected compared to the business of the cauldron itself... maybe add some skulls or spiky bits to it?
Casaythe Blackstorm - Warrior (Corsair) - Group 22
Skills: Awareness, Endurance
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations
Stats: WS4, S4, T5, D3, I4

Mod, Group 38
Kekenda
Trainee Warrior

Post by Kekenda »

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catal ... od1500542a i have a unit filler with nightbringer painted as a statue so i had on my mind to do somewhere else khaine to apear that way,it looks awesome to me i wouldnt change anything cause this looks like a sacrfitial altar. thx for opinion mate. :)
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

That post of yours was pure genious Kekenda. It makes me slap my head and say "Why didn't I think of that?"

A small sacrificial altar would be totally awesome as a filler for a unit sporting a Sorc with sacrifical dagger! I'll keep that in mind for a future project.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Kekenda
Trainee Warrior

Post by Kekenda »

thx mate :)
With hatred ...
Black Guard

Post by With hatred ... »

Love it! I'd never have though of using a ringwraith but it looks great. Was the altar pretty straight forward to make?
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

Really cool.

Only negative is that it seems too small for the base -- lots of empty space there.
Truly These are the End Times ...
Nightcall
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Nightcall »

Thought I'd seen him somewhere before; The Tainted! Great idea.
Casaythe Blackstorm - Warrior (Corsair) - Group 22
Skills: Awareness, Endurance
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations
Stats: WS4, S4, T5, D3, I4

Mod, Group 38
Meteor
Executioner

Post by Meteor »

I'm not really a fan of the wraith like Nazgul being summoned from the pot. It's sweet if it's not a WE fluff piece. The CoB is where WE's bathe within and emerge young and beautiful again. So the fact a freaking hooded wraith comes out instead is like "waa? wtf?"

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying your actual model is bad, I do quite enjoy it. But I think a Nazgul wraith emerging from the pot isn't a good choice for a CoB, it doesn't suit the fluff is all. Obviously not a problem if you don't care about that stuff.
What's mine is mine, What's yours is mine.
Now that we understand each other, lets get down to business.

Jacks -Shade
- WS 5 - - S 3 - - T 2 - - D 6 - - I 5 -

Equipment
Short Sword, MC Long Sword*, Dagger, RxB & RHB [20/10] MC Shade Cloak, 4 Throwing Daggers, 3x Healing Vials, 451C, [3]Dark Venom, [4]Unseen Chains, Food, Dark Steed- Spike

Skills
Basic Stealth, Awareness, TWF, Suithenlu Khythan, Ride

Magic Item
Eye of the Jabberwock

*Magical properties possibly imbued
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Meteor wrote:So the fact a freaking hooded wraith comes out instead is like "waa? wtf?"

Ohh I can imagine his one liners as he comes out:
- "I've seen everything..."
- "I was the one blowing the bubbles"
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Phierlihy
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Phierlihy »

I'm with Meteor on this one. It's not a bad model but it is a bit anti-fluff in a big way. Not saying it's a bad model, it just doesn't make a lot of sense.
Proud supporter of druchii.net
phierlihy@druchii.net
Tyrannus deathbringer
Noble

Post by Tyrannus deathbringer »

I like it. Shade of Khaine emerging from bloody cauldron :twisted: Dark Elvish and the eye is drawn to the figure in the centre.

Creative use of some nice models! Well done. :D
"All who surrender will be enslaved; whoever does not surrender but opposes with struggle and dissension, shall be annihilated."
Alcidas
Trainee Warrior

Post by Alcidas »

very nice!
Asod
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Asod »

Cool Idea! I really like blood effect, good job. :)