How to kill grimgor ironhide with à witch elf army

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Lord_carnage
Beastmaster

How to kill grimgor ironhide with à witch elf army

Post by Lord_carnage »

Hi all,

I Will be playing a battle soon vs o&g fielding grimgor. I Will bring witch elves, à cob and hellobron. How can i bring grimgor down, s7, a7, asf, as1, ws5

Any tips
Miasma
Warrior

Post by Miasma »

Get a unit of Witches into combat with him as soon as possible, the unit with the honour of fighting him needs killing blow from the CoB
2013 Tournament Results

W-L-D
2-1-1
L1qw1d
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by L1qw1d »

Hrm never fought... Plague of Rust with ASF Execs? Turn him to Gold (because... that's ALWAYS funny, and no AS or Ward)
Oderint dum Metuant.
Flash29
Assassin

Post by Flash29 »

he is "only" 5 attacks, not to metion he will bein a unit of black orc's (its manditory. so definatly banner of murder, possibly hellebron (not in base contact with grimgor. ) hydra banner in unit. win throgh combat ress, buf with cauldron ward save. focus all attacks on the black orcs.
Gidean
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Gidean »

If Hellebron's unit has the banner Hag Gref then put her up against Grimgor. Her 6-9 str 10 attacks with re-rolls for her hatred or ASF and superior Init will see him off.
Shrapnels
Trainee Warrior

Post by Shrapnels »

Her 6-9 str 10 attacks with re-rolls for her hatred or ASF and superior Init will see him off.

Page 66 BRB
"If the model with this rule (ASF) is fighting an enemy with the same ability the attacks are made simultaneously and neither the model benefits from the re-rolls normally granted by this rule"

Therefore the hatred would be the only source for re-rolling failed to hit.
which he also has (as far as I remember), but with the Standard of hag grief
you will be hitting him first since you have higher initiative, and should be able to take him out :)

/shrapnels
Dark Elves stats for the last 6 months
W/D/L
17/3/5

Let the dice decide the outome
Killerk
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Killerk »

I would go with hydra and KB form the CoB. That's a ton of KB and hatred attack's, delivered to any model in BTB with the wide hydra base ;). Plus you get Tstomp on expensive BO.
Also known as Kanadian
Heartsbane
Executioner

Post by Heartsbane »

Shrapnels wrote:Page 66 BRB
"If the model with this rule (ASF) is fighting an enemy with the same ability the attacks are made simultaneously and neither the model benefits from the re-rolls normally granted by this rule"

...you will be hitting him first since you have higher initiative, and should be able to take him out :)

/shrapnels

Nope, you'd be hitting at the same time, as the rule you've quoted says simultaneous, not in imitative order, meaning Helbron is likely to send up just as dead.

A couple of assassins with extra hand weapons and man bane should get the job done, and save the need for a squishy bsb with an expensive banner. They'll die to do it, but such is the life of a devotee of Khaine.
Shrapnels
Trainee Warrior

Post by Shrapnels »

Nope, you'd be hitting at the same time, as the rule you've quoted says simultaneous, not in imitative order, meaning Helbron is likely to send up just as dead.

Sorry for the misreading. :oops: made the post in haste since i had to go to my cousins birthday party :P
Dark Elves stats for the last 6 months
W/D/L
17/3/5

Let the dice decide the outome
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

Hit him with a normal horde of witches blessed with kb from the cauldron, then allocate all of your attacks against him in cc. Allocate all 10 possible attacks against him (6 from the two in the front row, 4 from the two in each row behind). There should be a kb or two in the mix and he will die if he fails his ward save. It's a tad risky, but could work...add an assassin or champ with rune of Khaine and it's more of a cert.just be aware that he may escape the trap by challenging with grimgor, so don't accept the challenge.
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
L1qw1d
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by L1qw1d »

Manbane DOES seem to be a happifying addon for this :lol:
Oderint dum Metuant.
Killerk
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Killerk »

Minderazor :lol:
Also known as Kanadian