Logo
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 30, 2020 11:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
How to kill grimgor ironhide with à witch elf army 
Beastmaster

Hi all,

I Will be playing a battle soon vs o&g fielding grimgor. I Will bring witch elves, à cob and hellobron. How can i bring grimgor down, s7, a7, asf, as1, ws5

Any tips

Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:10 am
Warrior

Get a unit of Witches into combat with him as soon as possible, the unit with the honour of fighting him needs killing blow from the CoB

W-L-D
2-1-1

Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 am
Malekith's Personal Guard

Hrm never fought... Plague of Rust with ASF Execs? Turn him to Gold (because... that's ALWAYS funny, and no AS or Ward)

Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:21 pm
Profile WWW
Assassin

he is "only" 5 attacks, not to metion he will bein a unit of black orc's (its manditory. so definatly banner of murder, possibly hellebron (not in base contact with grimgor. ) hydra banner in unit. win throgh combat ress, buf with cauldron ward save. focus all attacks on the black orcs.

Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:34 pm
Malekith's Best Friend

If Hellebron's unit has the banner Hag Gref then put her up against Grimgor. Her 6-9 str 10 attacks with re-rolls for her hatred or ASF and superior Init will see him off.

Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:37 am
Trainee Warrior

Her 6-9 str 10 attacks with re-rolls for her hatred or ASF and superior Init will see him off.

Page 66 BRB
"If the model with this rule (ASF) is fighting an enemy with the same ability the attacks are made simultaneously and neither the model benefits from the re-rolls normally granted by this rule"

Therefore the hatred would be the only source for re-rolling failed to hit.
which he also has (as far as I remember), but with the Standard of hag grief
you will be hitting him first since you have higher initiative, and should be able to take him out :)

/shrapnels

Let the dice decide the outome

Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:31 am
Malekith's Best Friend

I would go with hydra and KB form the CoB. That's a ton of KB and hatred attack's, delivered to any model in BTB with the wide hydra base ;). Plus you get Tstomp on expensive BO.

Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:52 am
Executioner

Page 66 BRB
"If the model with this rule (ASF) is fighting an enemy with the same ability the attacks are made simultaneously and neither the model benefits from the re-rolls normally granted by this rule"

...you will be hitting him first since you have higher initiative, and should be able to take him out :)

/shrapnels

Nope, you'd be hitting at the same time, as the rule you've quoted says simultaneous, not in imitative order, meaning Helbron is likely to send up just as dead.

A couple of assassins with extra hand weapons and man bane should get the job done, and save the need for a squishy bsb with an expensive banner. They'll die to do it, but such is the life of a devotee of Khaine.

Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:14 pm
Trainee Warrior

Nope, you'd be hitting at the same time, as the rule you've quoted says simultaneous, not in imitative order, meaning Helbron is likely to send up just as dead.

Sorry for the misreading. :oops: made the post in haste since i had to go to my cousins birthday party :P

Let the dice decide the outome

Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:24 pm
Generalissimo

Hit him with a normal horde of witches blessed with kb from the cauldron, then allocate all of your attacks against him in cc. Allocate all 10 possible attacks against him (6 from the two in the front row, 4 from the two in each row behind). There should be a kb or two in the mix and he will die if he fails his ward save. It's a tad risky, but could work...add an assassin or champ with rune of Khaine and it's more of a cert.just be aware that he may escape the trap by challenging with grimgor, so don't accept the challenge.

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman

Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:34 pm
Malekith's Personal Guard

Manbane DOES seem to be a happifying addon for this :lol:

Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:39 pm
Profile WWW
Malekith's Best Friend

Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]