High elves casualties

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Helle
Executioner

High elves casualties

Post by Helle »

Hi,

the Champion of the newly released Executioners inspired me to do something special with. I like the models (except for their skull masks :P) and thought of doing a scenic base with the slain High Elf whos head he is holding. Something similar to Cult of Khaines slain High Elf, but I prefer the victim to lay on the ground. Do you have any idea which model to use as a casualty?

Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: High elves casualties

Post by Daeron »

Hm. I've been thinking about this but couldn't find a model that fits the bill. There aren't exactly many models posing in a "dead and lying on the ground" pose. I did come up with a few ways to help them though:
- Some limbs could be cutt off.. Maybe that's what killed them! Hah!
- I was considering using a grinding wheel to grind off either the front of the model, or the back of the model, to make it look like it's lying face down or face up respectively.

But it will remain a challenge. The size of a body is generally far larger than the bases you want to glue them on. This may be why I considered glueing some of my models on a single, large base (say, the command group), to make a small diorama with a slain victim on it.

If you want to add heads.. Perhaps you could get some bits from a HE or Empire player and use greenstuff to model some hair. Perhaps you can add some heads this way.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Artfactial
Warrior

Post by Artfactial »

Lord of the Rings casualties.
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catal ... od1460159a

Some of these could be made into High Elves with the right coloring and/or bits.:)
Silvershadow
Warrior

Post by Silvershadow »

There are casualties on some of the Mantic elf sprues, I don't have a camera handy but here are a couple of photos I found on Google to show which I mean:
Both models: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_g8OVShPbJA0/T ... delves.jpg
One on sprue: http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn28 ... _front.jpg
Scenic base: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_pyfuAuhu_jQ/S ... 100327.jpg

Hoard'o'Bits are selling them separately:
http://hoardobits.com/cgi/hob/shop.pl?c ... 62013-3-53
http://hoardobits.com/cgi/hob/shop.pl?c ... 62013-3-59

Hope that helps.
8th edition Dark Elf book: 11-1-5 before I lost track

All hail the Eternity King!
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

At the risk of sounding morbid... G.W.'s Urukhai looks like he's jumping from joy! Hihihi...
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Helle
Executioner

Post by Helle »

Thanks for your input! The Models Starlight mentioned are exactly what I'm looking for. Unfortunatly its hard for me to get my hands on Mantic sprues..

I'll give an update as soon as I get the bits.
Artfactial
Warrior

Post by Artfactial »

I don't think it's wrong to sound a bit morbid at the Druchii forums. :evil:
It does look rather joyful to be put out of its misery.

The Mantic figs look great indeed.:)
stuaker
Warrior

Post by stuaker »

Daeron wrote:At the risk of sounding morbid... G.W.'s Urukhai looks like he's jumping from joy! Hihihi...

hahaha! You're so right. Maybe he looks different lying down...
Started Warhammer with Dark Elves in 2002, stopped playing in 2005. Came back in 2013.
Other armies; Tyranids, Lizardmen
Main opponents: Slaanesh Daemons, Tomb Kings, Savage Orcs.
Anyone in New Zealand for games and trades?
Mike the jedi
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Mike the jedi »

I've done the casualty of this filler using some HE bits:

ImageImage

Legs and head are from a leftover White Lion charioteer, with some repositioning on the right feet.
Torso and arms are from the Silver Helms. Cleaved neck will be GS'ed soon, with some fancy blood effect. ;)

With some kitbashing, I think best legs for the puropose are the ones from White Lions' kit, while upper part of the body coming from S.Helms or Spearmen.
Rowena
Highborn

Post by Rowena »

Great conversion, I really like it! Will you show us what it looks like painted? :)
My painting blog

Even without Games Workshop, we will endure. Armies of the Unsupported Age, the models are out there.
Mike the jedi
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Mike the jedi »

Rowena wrote:Great conversion, I really like it! Will you show us what it looks like painted? :)

Thanks, and I hope it will be helpful for OP too. :D
I'll be making a DE plog here soonish, busy on HE and Eldars atm. But I'll definately post it once done!
Helle
Executioner

Post by Helle »

@Mike the jedi: Your unit filler is stunning! I like the use of Morathi sitting on her victim. She would make an decent Medusa aswell, even though the official model is just plain awesome. Even though I plan something different, I think I'm gonna copy your slain elf. After all its easier to get my hands on GW bits than the mantic casualties.

Thanks a lot to all of you for the input!
Drek
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Drek »

You could have the body kneeling maybe, like his head had just been cut off. That would be easier to convert I think. You could use a spearman, cut the model below the knees, and glue that to the base. Cut the leftover piece to go behind that, rework the arms a bit, and you've got a freshly beheaded HE.

And if you are worried about space, you could model that on a 20mm base and put it next to the champ as a filler.
Mike the jedi
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Mike the jedi »

Glad to be helpful. :D
Pics once you're done!