Group 40 OOC

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Re: Group 40 OOC

Post by Minigrift »

There is still plenty you could write about if your characters aren't involved in conversation or fighting - your characters views on the events of the RP, for example (something which I am very interested to read).

Suppose I didn't leave it at a convenient place for discussion. I'll advance the story a little to a better spot.

While I'm here, you probably won't need to write down all the contents of your new packs, it's really just a few basic necessities and other things which your characters will need for adventuring.
Nathra Severain - Shade (Group 38)
WS:5 S:4 T:2 D:6 I: 3
Skills; Acrobatics; Basic Stealth; Free Running
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Inventory; Ornate Tiara; Sword Belt; Asuri Orb; 106 gold
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

Calisson, are male wizards not banned? I think finding one should rise quite a few emotions - do I understand the fluff wrongly? I am not sure everyone in the group can just accept this calmly. ;)

Mini, did Khaela stand a watch for the whole night? And are there any hints where she is now? I mean, I am a bit surprised she would go anywhere without her sword.
Cananatra
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Cananatra »

They are indeed, by order of his high spikyness himself. Since the basis of these games is mercenary underworld which our characters have immersed themselves to make money, it isnt too big an issue. More or less all laws can be considered breakable so long as a black guard isnt watching, unless of course your character feels otherwise.
Group 28- Name: Cananatra; Warrior; Follower of Slaanesh
WS:4 S:4 T:5 D:4 I:3
Equipment: MC Long sword, Throwing Axe, Dagger, Heavy Armour, Slaanesh Amulet, Dalvian Hunting Horn, Rations x 7, Null stone x 1, 525 Gold, Dark Steed, Blackpowder Pistol [18/18]
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Ride, Endurance
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

The problem facing Clavisson and Valin is that they have a bounty on their heads if they come practicing too openly.
That's why both of us try to be as low profile as possible, and pretend we're not what we are.
But that's probably not worse than cheating the IRS in RL. Something you woud not claim in front of unknown persons or your neighbour, but you may take the risk to share the information with people you work closely with, and most of the time, they would not care the slightest.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

While it is true that some sort of acceptance is required (something that is in the fluff as well) I do feel that a moment of revelation might be something we can't just brush past. Se'alara in particular is not the sort of happy go lucky gal to let it go unremarked, though as 'Mistress' uses one herself you might have cover enough to still blades of judgement.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Cananatra

Post by Cananatra »

It would make for an interesting few posts anyway. I'm just happy that while Valin may not deal the most damage, he would be very difficult to kill one on one.
Equipment: MC Long sword, Throwing Axe, Dagger, Heavy Armour, Slaanesh Amulet, Dalvian Hunting Horn, Rations x 7, Null stone x 1, 525 Gold, Dark Steed, Blackpowder Pistol [18/18]
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

OK, I've edited:
By that time, the whole group had become suspicious of some arcane talents, despite him trying to do it secretly.
(instead of "aware", "despite his denegations").
Now all of you have something to query and Clavisson will have to roleplay defensively.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

That's right Marcho, Khaela has stood watch all night without sleep or rest! The fact that she left her equipment behind is a hint to what she's up to - she hasn't gone for a bath, though, she would not leave her belongings behind for something so luxurious!

Calisson has some up with pretty believable fluff reasons for why Clavisson would be accepted by the others, he is a "member" of the Black Guard, is he not? Valin, on the other hand, has no background or fluff for being Vavaulka (as far as I could determine), I imagine the group would a more difficult time accepting him.
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

It is official now, I am a compulsive writer. :oops: Next few posts should be shorter and more quickly done, I hope.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Excellent post, Marchosias, I think you've got the perfect spirit! :D
Cananatra

Post by Cananatra »

Nice post. Valin with typical disregard has just went straight into the subject being danced around.
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Marcho, that was a fantastic post! Well worth the long wait! But now that you have set the standard so high, be sure that I'll be expecting more :lol:

In fact, you should all aspire to include this level detail in your posts :D

I'll get the next Mod post up on Sunday, as planned.
Cananatra

Post by Cananatra »

Valin doesn't like people disbelieving his work. Look, he's actually focusing on the conversation.
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

Thank you for the appreciative words! Reading Mini's response, I now fear what have I done. :D

Clavisson's attempt was a very good one, but I decided disbelieving him should make a more interesting story. I only hope Khaela comes back before Zarathi is toast. :D
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Curse you! Now I have to be imaginative again...

Much better RP than before, keep going!
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

Sorry for the longish post, but felt there was a lot of ground to make up for. Feel like ive been spending all my time at ninewells lately, sad times... Glad I was finally able to post! :)
Cade Thanal (TN: Gaelus Stormscythe) (Group 38 warrior)
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5
Equipment: Light Armor, Short Sword, Repeating Handbow (9/10), Helmet, Asur Short Sword, High elf Mage-prince pelt, Lion pelt cloak, Sword belt with gold buckle and sapphire, 10 gold
Skills: Disguise

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2
Equipment: Glaive, medium armor, shield
Skills: Endurance

Taldein, the Draich'Arha (CC Thread)
WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Equipment: Draich (EP4), Helmet (EP1), Pendant
Skills: Power of Ulgu (1)
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Wow! JC, you're alive! In all honesty I was actually beginning to think about killing Taldein off, you've been absent for that long!

Taldein should get involved more - maybe he could speak to Khaela?

Mod post done. You guys got some interesting conversation going ;)
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Only Khaela went hunting - she hunted and killed the boar all on her lonesome. The shades slept with the rest of the group and took watch when Khaela left to gather breakfast (the group awoke to see the shades standing watch at opposite sides of the camp, as mentioned). Sorry for not making that clearer.

I'm trying to encourage more interaction between your characters, the NPC's are really just there to keep the plot plausible and to guide the group along on the quest. That said, you can consider Kheala a part of the group, she's not quite as unfriendly as the two shades and I would like the opportunity to RP her a little and get her a bit more involved with what's going on!
Cananatra

Post by Cananatra »

Well Calisson, for now Valin will let the matter of magic drop.
Though I was tempted to just keep going, it might be a bit premature to push the issue in the groups dynamic.
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Mod post up!
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Clavisson wrote:What the Hysh mage had in mind was to use his arcane talents, during daylight when they were at highest, to speed up the pace of the group.

The departure has been so abrupt that there was no chance to try Light to make the group move faster.
Please consider that next time, if applicable.
Thanks.
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Apologies Calisson. You can always pretend that he did that if it makes you feel better! Mod post was a bit rushed...

The RP was beginning to stagnate again. You guys had some good conversation going and I had expected more.
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

I was waiting for Valin so that the conversation does not move too far when he is accused of treason. Next time, I will probably start a parallel conversation. I would be able to just talk with the other characters for pages, but if for every response one has to wait on others, and then its the others' turn to wait, it gets naturally slow. :(

Now that we are timewarped, it should be better again. :D
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Know how you feel Marcho, I absolutely hate having to wait for people to post, especially if they have to post because your character is fighting or talking to them. Let's hope it gets better - after we've killed some Chaos scum, of course! I used to teach roleplaying on another site where I RP'ed extensively, the pace I was used to was literally posting every single day and I was often involved in 3-4 RP's at any given time, compared to that the pace here on D.net is agonisingly slow!

I was going to have Khaela speak to the group - she was going to say a bit about her past and ask if anyone had any formal military experience. But I thought some group action would be better. There will be more opportunities for conversations, I'm sure.

Just for that one fight I have given everyone their tasks because Khaela is a general, she's used to giving orders and she also likes to see how her troops perform in battle. She's also not had a good fight in quite some time, ha! I promise that in future fights you will have a chance to come up with your own plans, discuss tactics etc. All the things that you would expect 8)

The Prologue is very story-driven as I'm setting the scene for much of what is to come - missions, NPC's, story, secrets, hidden doors, plots and ploys, eternity gates, daemonic sunderings - and I am trying my best to involve everyone in the story as much as I can, though it is quite challenging with five completely different back-stories and characters to accommodate - not to mention inventing an entire city and populating it with NPC's. I'm also not keen on 'spoon feeding' you everything, it's much more fun if your characters are free to figure things out for themselves, even if they are wrong - and some of your characters assumptions have been - it's still all part of the fun.

By the way, the two gate guards were murdered by Skaven!
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

I am not complaining, it could have easily been me who was waited at. I just wanted to comfort you with reminding that we are (or I am at least) still enthusiastic about the story, even if the posting is slow due to RL constraints.

The Skaven theory fits surprisingly well. Now we only need to find out that Khaela is actually a Tomb King construct robbed during some raid and Andirill a bretonnian grail knight. :D