Logo
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:13 pm



Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Group 41 
Author Message
Malekith's Personal Guard
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:19 pm
Posts: 910
Location: Dublin, Ireland

As the last enemy fell to the deck, either dead or unconscious the corsairs began to tie up their prizes. As most of them where unable to walk they had the few humans capable of moving drag the others across to the cutter and under the deck to be chained below. Several corsairs kept a close eye and naked blade ready in case the humans second guessed their defeat.

Meanwhile the mercenaries had realised the problem of open flame on a wooden ship. Perhaps a touch belatedly but with time enough to prevent a serious fire breaking out. From her high position Ladry considered how to damp down the flames and prevent the smoldering sections from springing alight. Pyromancy was usually one of the most straight forward of energy manipulations. Aetheric winds to produce flames, themselves almost pure energy. Smiling to herself as she realised she should simply cast a spell to invert the energy she began to cast, making certain she wasn't the receptical of the returning energy. She couldn't do the whole ship at once, so she concentrated on the mast first as the others could deal with those on the deck. As the spell was released the the embers in the mast and rigging instantly guttered and died while a dozen feet behind the ship a area of water flashed to steam from the transferred heat. Happily the act of casting the spell also dispelled the flame cloak so no more fires would be springing up.

On the deck of the ship the other mage had a similar idea as to stopping the flames with magic. His plan though was to call on the storm clouds he'd helped form earlier before they disappeared and douse the ship in rain. Even as he began he could feel the spell seemingly sluggish to form. A little thickening of the cloud unleashed a brief downpour on one small area of deck before stopping as suddenly as it had started. Caraoc's head tolled like a bell as the spell dissolved and he realised that the weakness he felt after the lightening bolt was making it damn clear that trying a third large spell in a row was beyond his talents.

Oblivious to the two mages the others set to putting out the flames themselves using buckets lining the sides of the ship, clearly placed there by the crew in case the druchii had tried to fire their sails. Analya's comment did not go unanswered though and the captains head stuck over the railing as they fought the flames. He was leaning casually on the railing.
"To my eyes more than half of the druchii on that ship where my crew. Besides pretty, this is how you make profit on a corsair ship. You fight." he laughed as he pulled he head back over and began to shout orders.

On the deck of the cutter Paithan was in a sorry state, sitting on the wood and with a sword sticking out of him. Having finished the more immediate duties one of the corsairs walked over. Hunkering down beside him he pushed paithans hands out of the way to get a good look at the wound. Without any warning he grasped the blade and pulled it cleanly out before setting to cleaning the wound with some sort of thick liquid from a flask. As he took up a needle to sew it closed he spoke to the khainite. "The liquid will prevent infection and speed healing. Try not to tear the stitches before then." With his job finished he turned and walked away, jumping onto the human ship to begin searching it.

You guys can start searching the ship for anything in specific you want. Or you can pick up something on deck that caught your eye (*cough* armour paithan *cough*). Obviously there will also be gold straight up forthcoming and cargo which will be sold later for more money for you guys, but for now it's a quick search for toys.

_________________
Group 28- Name: Cananatra; Warrior; Follower of Slaanesh
WS:4 S:4 T:5 D:4 I:3
Equipment: MC Long sword, Throwing Axe, Dagger, Heavy Armour, Slaanesh Amulet, Dalvian Hunting Horn, Rations x 7, Null stone x 1, 525 Gold, Dark Steed, Blackpowder Pistol [18/18]
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Ride, Endurance


Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:53 pm
Profile
Corsair
Corsair
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:00 pm
Posts: 8714
Location: Hag Graef
Extinguishing the fire with magic did not succeed as nicely as Caraoc hoped for.
The cloud was still there, the thunder has gone, but... was if exhausted or what?
The corsair felt something like a hangover feeling from the cloud.
Still, he tried to concentrate it and soak out whatever water was left.
The cloud changed colours, going through greenish and reddish tones, then it bursted suddenly a few buckets of water and turned pale white. It could no nothing more.
A hangover indeed.

Bells ringing through his brain told Caraoc that he had reached his limits.
First thing was to recover his spirit. He grabbed buckets of water and splashed some flamed to extinction.
While performing this necessary chore, he muttered a becalming, recovery song:
"I used to rule the world - Storms would rise when I gave the word
Now in the morning I sweep alot - Sweep the planks I used to foul
I used to roll the dice - Feel the fear in my enemies' eyes
Listen as the scald would sing - "Now the old king is dead, long live cap'n!"
... I hear the very same bells a'ringing...
It was the wicked and wild wind - Blew down the masts to let me in
Shattered yardarms and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd be done..."


-=-=-

Finally, the ship was secured and safe.
"this is how you make profit on a corsair ship", said Cap'n Kireth Snakeskin.
Plunder time! :D
Along with a couple of other corsairs, Caraoc merrily intoned the classic victory song.

"Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.
We pillage, we plunder, we rifle, and loot,
Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho.
We kidnap and ravage and don't give a hoot,
Drink up me 'earties, yo ho."


Caraoc was not interested in scavenging the human's weapons. Paithan had earned them.
While the hold would get most of the cargo, the most precious cargo could be only in the captain's cabin, assuming that the human's leader was the captain and not a distinguished passenger. Officer's cabins were always at the aft of the ship, where pitching was less disturbing and where the air was fresher. He anticipated the captain's cabin to have a very quick access to the upper deck and the pilot's station. This is where the Astromancer went to investigate.
As a corsair, Caraoc was looking primarily for precious stones or gold, but as a pilot and mage, he would find scientific instruments or even books to be a valuable prize, too.

Searching the aft upper part of the ship, looking for the captain's cabin to loot.

OOC:
For a change, songs are her just because Caraoc is merry, not for spell casting.

Coldplay - When I Ruled The World
Lyrics: http://www.metrolyrics.com/when-i-ruled ... dplay.html
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf8dy_Z_efU

Walt Disney Pirates of the Caribbean Ride Theme Song Lyrics
Lyrics: http://themeparks.about.com/cs/disneyparks/a/potc.htm
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKnIi05XNK4


_________________
Caraoc the scald pilot - WS3 S4 T3 D5 I5 - A saga or it didn't happen!
Equipment: staff, repeater handbow (20 clips), Sea Dragon Cloak,
Inventory: "Beastbane" Horn
Skills: Power of Azyr (2), Evasion, Raiding
Class: Mage (Astromancer)

_________________
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}


Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:49 pm
Profile
Trainee Warrior
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:45 am
Posts: 44
Hissing and spitting curses pounding his hands on the deck as the sword comes out. Pretty cleanly though itseems and after paithan has been stitched up he slaps the corsair on the back in thanks and rolls his eyes laughing. as if this is the first hole in me moving about and feeling a little stronger though stil weakl. Usung his injured side as little as possible he leaves the captains head on the deck of the cutter and heads back to the captured vessel movimg first to the captains beheaded corpse using his good hand to unbuckle and claim he mans armoured plate using his hauberk as a makeshift bag/sled he piles it into it and tying the arms off drags it around moving to as many of the dead as possible claiming all armour and weapons he can find a lot of this looks pretty poor quality but I may be able to reshape or resmelt and make some good fitting mail and a helmet perhaps moving around the deck he keeps his eyes on finding good steel leaving the treasure hunting to his comrades. Eventually his haberk loaded with as much steel and armour peices as he can carry he heads back to the cutter reclaiming his prized head and heads towards his berth to begin examining his haul

paithan now stitched up though still weak is looting as many good armour pieces as he can manage to carry as well as any weapons and steel peieces that his skill could resmelt to create a helmet and hopefully some mail or medium armour

_________________
Name: paithan darkshadow
Sex: male
Age: 174
Height: 6ft1
Weight: 245 lbs
Class:khainite
Statistics: weapon skill 5 strength 3 Toughness 4 dexterity 3 Intelligence 4
Equipment: draich, Medium armour
Skills: endurance, smithing


Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:19 pm
Profile
Malekith's Best Friend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:46 pm
Posts: 1177
Location: The Depths of Despair
It is so simple! she thought to herself upon the realisation that dousing flames was just as easy as creating them. Move that energy there. Reverse. Simplicity and elegance combined. This should be a neat trick for later! she mused, and satisfied with her work she jumped to the human ship to start searching for plunder. A corsair was stitching up Paithans shoulder; the wound looked nasty, but not severe. Khaine should be most pleased at the blood you spilled today! she offers to him, not failing to observe that Paithan was the force that by right broke the formation of the humans with his charge.

As the captain shouted out to loot what could be had, she quickly surveyed her surroundings. Corsairs were transferring the human prey to their own cargo hold. General ship-cargo and slaves should be split amongst all crewmen she remembered. Without needing to interact with these humans now, she would get what was hers for their selling into slavery. The main cargo hold would likely hold the majority of whatever this ship was transporting, along with any food and provisons which would surely be kept and shared among the crew and slaves alike. Hungry and famished slaves make for little bargaining, and with twice the mouths to feed, looting food should be considered a priority.

Then she spotted the mercenary corsair headed for the aft. She could not help but let a grin pass over her face. The captains cabin, of course. Caraoc! Let me give you a hand in there... Together, we can carry more. The only pause she made as she passed over the upper deck of the human vessel, was to retrieve a sword belt and sword from one of the human soldiers, and to pat down the human captain for any items he might carry on his person. Theres no reason not to pick up an arm when one presents itself, and this would do better than a dagger... If close quarters where unavoidable, anyway.

Ladry loots a sword with belt and scabbard from one of the slain human soldiers, briefly search the captains' corpse for e.g. rings or necklaces (that shouldnt take long), then proceeds to follow Caraoc into the 'better' cabins of the ship. She looks for gold, silver, jewelry, or anything that might have arcane or enchanted properties primarily.

_________________
Name: Ladry (female)
Class: Mage (Pyromancer)
Equipment: Staff, longsword, dagger, 20 gold, insignia ring.
Skills: Power of Aqshy (2), defensive figthing
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.


Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:00 pm
Profile
Aspiring Brush Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:19 pm
Posts: 680
Location: In my Armory, protecting my Weed.
With the ship under their control and the fire put out Searinox couldn't help but join in ever so briefly with the singing of the other Corsairs, as he mumbled the lyrics over his breath he walked across the deck, looking for anything interresting to find, though all he found were some little trinkets and a shortsword of reasonable quality.
"Should have known these sailors wouldn't carry much interresting, maybe I can get one of the smiths to reshape this into something more worthy of our race." He said as he inspected the short sword. Looking at his fellow mercenaries he saw the two mages headed for the captains cabin. 'Too much competition for anything worth while' He let out a small sigh "Guess I'll go check the cargo hull for something worth while then."
As he made his way towards the cargo hull the last part of the song flashed through his head 'Drink up me 'earties, yo ho' a small smile crossed his face. 'let's hope there is something worth while on this cargo ship other then slaves'
Putting the short sword in it's sheath and fastening it on the back of his belt, he increased up his pace and made his way to the cargo hull.

Looted a short sword and anything worth money or could be usefull in the future, and is now making his way to the cargo hull to be the first to reach it and see what the ship was carrying and if there is anything worth to call 'dibbs' on.
Further looting interests would be alchohol, gems, small weaponry and other valuables.

_________________
PLOG - The House of Corvus
Image

Group 41- Name: Searinox Nagharha - Shade
WS:5 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Acrobatics, Basic Stealth


Last edited by Searinox Nagharha on Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.



Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:40 pm
Profile
Trainee Warrior
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:45 am
Posts: 44
After stowing his plundered cargo paithan grabs a long wickedly hooked blade and the captains head wandering back towards the deck he leans against the gunwhales staring over to thr others crawling over the captured vessel. Nodding his head to ladry as she passes commenting on his gods pleasure too much of my own mixed in but I gave him death he may well love me for it. We shall see his favour next time. You could try to steal me a drink if you would like to thank me though smiling he starts to work the knife through the eye sockets of the captain pulping the orbs in the skilled manner of someone who has done this before. An absent minded nonchalant motion that has the orbs removed and the sockets clean even as his mind is elsewhere befriending a sorceress. Your a long way from the temple now paithan. .. the knife continues its work slicing around the hairline peeling it back with his bad hand as he slices through the fascia and musculature flaying the skull but so skillfully the bone has barely a nick or tool mark on it soon the scalp and its hair is separated the flesh of the face kept in a small bag at his hip and with the aid of some sea water a totally clean skull held up in his hand admiringly. perfect wincing a little as his shoulder aches from the wound. Knowing how much effort it will take to work that back into fully working limb he has a rough intrusive thought I hope I can swing the hammer. I need that armour

friendly talk with a colleague in arms and musings about the state of his condition. And cleaning up his prize for ubknown purposes as yet

_________________
Name: paithan darkshadow
Sex: male
Age: 174
Height: 6ft1
Weight: 245 lbs
Class:khainite
Statistics: weapon skill 5 strength 3 Toughness 4 dexterity 3 Intelligence 4
Equipment: draich, Medium armour
Skills: endurance, smithing


Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:34 pm
Profile
Corsair
Corsair
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:00 pm
Posts: 8714
Location: Hag Graef
The Fire mage hailed her Heavens colleague. Caraoc! Let me give you a hand in there... Together, we can carry more.
Caraoc looked behind, and found that Ladry was hurrying to catch him up. He sighed, then remembered a popular saying "Well, as the saying goes: a woman's will is Atharti's will."
Having no way to avoid this intrusion, Caraoc accepted it, and even smiled to her. "Sure, nothing escapes a lady's eye, good to have you in the team."
He added in his thought "Hopefully, she will find the clothes and some make-up before the jewels. If there's a mirror, I'm lucky."

Fortunately, she paused as she passed over the upper deck of the human vessel, in order to retrieve a sword belt and sword from one of the human soldiers, and to pat down the human captain for any items he might carry on his person.
Seeing that, Caraoc told her: "Look for a coffer's key, and possibly a door's key. He must carry it on him at all time".
Himself took the first human cutlass fallen on the deck, it could be soon of some use.

Searching for a key or two would take her a couple more minutes. Of course, the pilot did not wait for her and went directly to the captain's cabin, that he assumed to have the quickest access to the helmsman position, as usual on a ship.
If there was a safe, he would find it first and have a few minutes more to try to open it. If a key would be found to be necessary, Ladry would be committed to share. If no key would be necessary, the safe would be empty by the time Ladry arrived.

A little help from Astromancy would be appropriate to find the treasure as quickly as possible.
Caraoc started to mutter his incantation, calling his lucky star to inspire him to find the appropriate spot quicker.
The obscure arcane words rythmed his jerky body motions while he walked.
"Give me your, give me your, give me your attention, baby star - You gotta tell me a little something about a safe
You're wonderful, flawless, ooh, you're a luminary - But you fly around here like you wanna help someone's search
(Oh whoa-oh-oh) I know that you can do it, but you're fine, so fine (fine, so fine)
(Oh whoa-oh-oh) Oh star, I'm gonna show you when it's mine, oh mine (mine, oh mine)
Treasure, that is where you steer - Honey, you're my golden star
You know you can make my wish come true - If you let me treasure soon - If you let me treasure soon..."


After finding the captain's cabin, a little divination spell could help to find quickly the safe.
The cutlass could help in case the door or the safe was locked.

OOC: Bruno Mars, "Treasure"
Lyrics: http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/brunomars/treasure.html
Voice & dance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPvuNsRccVw

_________________
Caraoc the scald pilot - WS3 S4 T3 D5 I5 - A saga or it didn't happen!
Equipment: staff, repeater handbow (20 clips), Sea Dragon Cloak,
Inventory: "Beastbane" Horn
Skills: Power of Azyr (2), Evasion, Raiding
Class: Mage (Astromancer)

_________________
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}


Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:25 pm
Profile
Assassin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:53 am
Posts: 594
“To my eyes more than half of the druchii on that ship where my crew,” shouted the captain in response to her remark. Either he was too stupid to see its bite or he was just ignoring it.

“How brave of you that your crew was fighting,” said Analya without looking up from cleaning her sword. The captain could hardly hear it as he was far away and in the midst of shouting orders. But a corsair or two might have caught her words.

She polished her weapon once more and examined it in the light. Satisfied that there were no more blood stains to see, she sheathed it and joined the looting. Her first stop would be the armoured corpses lying on the helm. The fire mage was already searching the captain and conversing with the injured draich-wielder.

“They fought surprisingly fierce,” Analya threw to the two elves busy with the captain's corpse, keeping her voice low. “I wonder if they were just that determined not to fall in slavery or if this ship is more than it seems. Any interesting documents by the captain, Ladry?”

“As for next time,” she added, turning her head to Paithan, “we should probably start by staying together. I suspect the captain wants to use us as meat shields and hopes we won't live long enough to demand payment, so we should probably not expect help from anyone other than ourselves.” Analya looked directly at Ladry and sent her a wicked smile. “Thanks for the cloak, by the way. That was fun.”

She searched quickly the two men she had killed and then moved in the inside of the ship. The captain's place was already being sacked, and therefore she looked if there was some other prominent cabin. Then, the sailor's quarters would follow as they surely were carrying some little things that could be valuable on the high seas. After this, the captain's cabin should be free for her to go through letters and hopefully find some nice piece of information.

Chatting and looting. Desired finds are, first, information about the ship and crew – letters, contracts, list of carried goods, hiding passengers; second, little things that would make a good gift to a corsair, such as a pack of nicely painted cards, a flask of good quality alcohol, a belt from some really good hide. In addition, a few daggers would be nice, for throwing, close combat and / or general survival; I could make use of a few bright gems, too, even if their value by merchants is laughable. Gold is secondary – it has some advantages to be rich already.

-----------------------------

Analya Durekhar (female shade)

WS 5 S3 T3 D4 I4
equipment: rapier, bow
skills: acrobatics, unarmed combat, Sariya fencing (1)

_________________
The Lost Colony defenders - Rowena's painting log

Alternative Armies - because we can build any army without GW!


Last edited by Marchosias on Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:31 pm
Profile
Trainee Warrior
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:45 am
Posts: 44
Nodding to analya sagely as she speaks to him paithan smiles a little and looks in thought a moment before speaking in a measured tone I feel that you may be right but I need space to operate with this thing patting the draich that rests against the ships gunwales we will practic some to see how we can meld our styles whn we are underway again and any of the others who wish can join us. turning his attention to ladry he nods his head and with the skull cleaned he carries it falling into step besode the mageI thank you as well but perhaps a little warning next time..the temple has a...lets say strained relationship with your kind. Being encircled by sorcery was a shock to say the least though I know now you werent trying to kill me so..thankyou nodding and bowing slightly in a genuine moment of hanks he then speaks again as he walks with ladry almost bored now he had finished his own search for the items he wanted he seems to be passing time to the recall and the cutter getting underway again could you come by my berth later ladry. I need to talk to you about you maybe helping me put a small forge together

paithan is passing time now his own searches are complete and speaking to his companions before trying to enlist the help of a fire mage to assist in building a safe forge on the cutter so he can repair weapons for colleagues and forge his own armour if he has the materials

_________________
Name: paithan darkshadow
Sex: male
Age: 174
Height: 6ft1
Weight: 245 lbs
Class:khainite
Statistics: weapon skill 5 strength 3 Toughness 4 dexterity 3 Intelligence 4
Equipment: draich, Medium armour
Skills: endurance, smithing


Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:53 pm
Profile
Malekith's Best Friend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:46 pm
Posts: 1177
Location: The Depths of Despair
Hearing Analyas mention of documents, Ladry makes a point to search the captains corpse more thoroughly than originally intended. She takes anything of interest from his body, then makes a heading for the cabins. Upon returning from the cabins with her haul, she encounters Paithan and Analya analysing the order of ranking aboard the ship.

At Paithans remark, Ladry snickers slightly to herself. Ah yes, the Khainites and their belief that shouting Khaines name is all the spellcraft they need. She decides not to make her thoughts known out loud, and instead nods at him. "We are not, as Analya pointed out, a team as of yet. I think, after the plundering is done, we ought to have a talk all of us, to coordinate future fights and to best take precautions against the whim of a greedy captain. I, for one, have no intention of dying so that he can stuff more hoard in his own pockets." The latter part of her sentence she mutters under her breath, so as not to alert any of the captains own men to their conversation topic.

At Paithans mentioning of a forge, genuine surprise runs across her face. A forge? Aboard a ship? I do not believe I can control any fire of the scale of weaponsmithing... I have heard of wizards capable of melting weapons and armor at a flick of a finger, but how to do so, I know not. I think it is too risky, but if you have plans to avoid setting the entire ship ablaze I am more than willing to discuss our options.

Ladry loots the captain and cabins as described earlier, making sure to look for documents at Analyas suggestion. Then she returns and talks to Paithan and Analya about practising coordinated figthing in order to increase survivability.

_________________
Name: Ladry (female)
Class: Mage (Pyromancer)
Equipment: Staff, longsword, dagger, 20 gold, insignia ring.
Skills: Power of Aqshy (2), defensive figthing
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.


Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:47 pm
Profile
Trainee Warrior
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:45 am
Posts: 44
Nodding sagely once more as ladry speaks of some coordinated practices its alnost like paithan enjoys the idea it looks very close to a genuine smile on his face.

As ladry starts to reply about his plans for a forge he laughs a genuinely mirthful full hearted laughyou make it sound like I actually plan ahead. ..you didnt see me fight? Jumping at the heavyest armoured man on this ship does that sound like the man with a plan? finally just smiling and picking a piece of charred flesh from a pouch at his hip he chews on it as he looks to ladry once more more seriously though it isnt your control I need merely your ability to set my wood alight I can work a traditional forge and I believe Dolan was interested in helping which will make it easier. I intend to speak to the captain about how to make a simple forge we need that ability and I doubt he wants to stop for a week on a beach so I can repair and upgrade equipment. Safety is a concern however...dying is khaines will for me someday but damned if im going to drown because I sank our ship. If you need a new weapon let me know we have some aquired and apart from some steel i wont need them all. Jerky? offering the bag to ladry he smiles again wondering if he has a friend for he first time in years..and a mage at that who would think..

paithan is explaining his plan for the ships forge to ladry trying to explain how she would fit in to its working as well as offering to improve her armoury as he sees keeping her alive will be beneficial to his own situation

_________________
Name: paithan darkshadow
Sex: male
Age: 174
Height: 6ft1
Weight: 245 lbs
Class:khainite
Statistics: weapon skill 5 strength 3 Toughness 4 dexterity 3 Intelligence 4
Equipment: draich, Medium armour
Skills: endurance, smithing


Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:55 pm
Profile
Beastmaster

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:39 pm
Posts: 360
Location: Dundee
Things started to wind down and the Corsairs set to stripping the ship of its wares and slaves. The fires were being doused and the magic surrounding Dolan and his comrades eventually was halted. He sent a nod of thanks to the pyromancer.

He shrugged to readjust his armor, which had become dislodged at some point in the battle. Likely from his majestic entrance to the enemy ship. The sooner he had firm earth underneath him, the better. While he had no fear of the seas or the ocean life, he reckoned being caught out like that with all his bulk would have a less than desirable effect on one of his most favorite pastimes, living.

The other mercenaries milled about looting the corpses here and there. A few went down below into the captain's holdings. Thinking that they'd likely find everything worthwhile in there and that it was a bit cramped, he felt he should look elsewhere for any booty. Besides, all thats likely to be in there are some noble's fancypants. He barked out a laugh to himself, resulting in some sudden, peculiar looks from the corsairs. He waved them off.

He moved off to the quartermasters/soldier's holdings. After seeing the lovely wound of the khainite, what could be better than armor? More armor of course! He moved about the areas looking for anything that would both fit him and be better than what he already had. He wasn't hoping for much, human steel was often of poor make. Maybe today would be his lucky day though.

After his search, he returned to the other ship. He heard the khainite speaking to the fire mage about the construction of a forge. Bloody good idea! Steel and armor are always the answer, he guffawed, I'm glad you're seeing the wisdom in them!. He gave the Khainite a playful wink.

Dolan will move to the Quartermaster's holding and, if the ship has an area to accommodate marines/soldiers, their holdings as well. He will look for anything that would be of value to him either to add to his armour, or would be of obvious value to sell in a market. He'll then return to the ship and be sociable

_________________
Cade Thanal (TN: Gaelus Stormscythe) (Group 38 warrior)
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5
Equipment: Light Armor, Short Sword, Repeating Handbow (9/10), Helmet, Asur Short Sword, High elf Mage-prince pelt, Lion pelt cloak, Sword belt with gold buckle and sapphire, 10 gold
Skills: Disguise

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2
Equipment: Glaive, medium armor, shield
Skills: Endurance

Taldein, the Draich'Arha (CC Thread)
WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Equipment: Draich (EP4), Helmet (EP1), Pendant
Skills: Power of Ulgu (1)


Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:41 pm
Profile
Malekith's Personal Guard
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:19 pm
Posts: 910
Location: Dublin, Ireland

The battle was over, if the rather poor attempt at resistance by most of the crew could constitute a battle and now it came down to a corsairs favorite part of the job. The looting. Of course, one thing to do before that and that was to put out the fires and damp down any embers. A fire mage was a useful asset to any group, but it made those who spent their lives on wooden ships a little apprehensive. After all, the only thing stopping them drowning could very easily burn them alive. Everyone near a bucket quickly made use of them and the fire was well and truly put out under the watchful eye of the captain. Now it was time for some fun and looting before they had to get organised and actually shift some cargo.

Caraoc had some definite ideas in mind as to where on the ship the loot he was interested in was located and he made a beeline for where he guessed the captains quarters would be. It was a fairly accurate guess because for some reason all races tended to put it in the same place. As he went he scooped up one of the cutlass's dropped by the human crew just in case he needed to use it to force something. Behind him Ladry was busy searching the enemy commander, charred though he was. There wasn't much to be found though she did snag his longsword and scabbard. They where a bit soot stained but clearly not badly damaged by the flames. As she pulled the hilt from his hand she noticed a gold ring. Upon closer examination it was a seal, though to which barbarian noble house she could not guess. Shrugging she pocketed it before standing. Looking around she noticed Caraoc was already gone and set off after him.

The door to the captain's cabin was unlocked as Caraoc arrived. Clearly this human crew was seen as relatively trustworthy by their commander, or there just plain wasn't much to steal. As his eyes scanned the room they came to rest on the standard tools of the navigator. One table was covered in maps upon which rested a well made sextant and other miscellaneous tools such as compass, ruler, a handy length of string but one thing caught his eye. A cloudy crystal set in a brass disk. Walking over he picked it up and on a whim looked through it before starting in surprise. It was a sunstone, those rather rare crystals that could tell you the position of the sun through the thickest fog or heaviest cloud. At the sound of footsteps approaching he dropped it into a pocket as Ladry appeared.

The fire mage quickly set about rummaging through the cabin while Caraoc walked over to the small mirror. He cast a quick spell and the mirror's surface filled with mist before showing the cabin. The view in the mirror began to dart frantically around the cabin, faster and faster, seeming to pass over itself over and over again. At the last it stood looking into itself into infinity before the mirror shattered. Clearly and for some unknown reason this ship either did not have a safe, or it was empty of treasure. Behind him Ladry had paused in her search briefly to watch the spell but resumed after its failure. In one of the desk drawers she came across a bunch of letters tied together with string and a heavy book. The mark on both looked familiar and when she pulled the sigil ring from her pocket they matched exactly. This must be the log book and possibly some correspondence. Unfortunately the two of them found little else in the cabin other than a small pouch of gold which they split between them.

Outside the captains cabin in the galley and other small cabins Analya busied herself looking for anything else of use. She snagged a fresh apple as she walked through the galley but it seemed rather bereft of anything valuable. As she chewed the apple she moved on to other quarters. Personal items lay strewn about, likely from the rush to prepare for the druchii attack. Near the back she found a rapier and main gauche combination. The owner must have been up on deck when the druchii cutter was spotted and hadn't time to get below again. Interested she pulled the rapier free and compared it to her own. Predictably her blade was better so she tossed the human blade away and pulled out the main gauche. This was of much finer quality, most certainly fitting her standards so she quickly transferred that along with its scabbard to her belt. She didn't find much else of worth though small hidden flask of some unidentifiable liquor did turn up. As she made to toss away the apple core she stopped in realization. A fresh apple meant this ship hadn't been out of port for more than a few days. Useful information perhaps.

It seemed Dolan had a similar idea to Analya as they passed one another on a few occasions beneath the deck. He had headed straight for the quartermasters though it turned out to be something of a closet he forced his way into with a fold down counter. Most of the gear was clearly substandard though his eyes did settle on one item in the armour rack. A unusual shield, smaller than the traditional druchii shield and round but sheathed in steel. It was some kind of
assault shield, either used for sieges or storming a ship. It was heavier then his, but clearly much stronger.

Back up on the deck Paithan was busy pulling the armour off the dead human soldiers. The light armour wouldn't quite fit him without some work, humans where such unusual proportions and the work was much harder then usual as he had to spare one shoulder most of the work but he quickly had a nice pile of miscellaneous armour dragged onto the cutter and was wondering how to make use of it without a forge. As he got talking to Ladry a corsair wandered by. "You know, alternatively you could use the ships forge up at the bow under that cover." He pointed at the unusual lump up the front sitting behind a fighting platform. "How else do you think we shape metal for repairs? Just watch the sparks, wouldn't want a fire." With that the corsair walked off leaving the two mercenaries feeling slightly abashed.

The searching of the hold which Searinox was pioneering was not going well. It seemed mostly empty which led to a lot of cursing by the corsairs but substantially less then Searinox would have thought. After a moment they shrugged and began pulling out the ship supplies to transfer. When the shade asked one of the corsairs he was told this sometimes happened with merchants that where going to pick up a shipment. They usually had a chest of gold to buy the merchandise though so he was reassured that they'd get money with less heavy lifting. With a laugh the corsair then moved off. Not fully convinced he walked back up onto deck and snagged a short sword as he crossed back to the cutter.

****

There was a fairly decent amount of confusion as the corsairs cast off from the human ship. What kind of merchantman would travel with fresh food and no cargo or gold to buy a cargo? Captain Kireth was busy poring over the logs Ladry had found as well as the letters. He had learned how to read the human written language of the empire for this very reason the third time he'd raided an almost empty ship. It was taking some time with his first officer overseeing the running of the ship. The mercenaries, along with most of the corsairs where gathered on the deck just to see what would happen. They hadn't lost anyone in the attack though a few would be bearing scars but everyone felt it was vaguely cheating for a merchantman to be empty.

"This next bit should be good." Darven Kruz spoke loud enough for the other mercenaries to hear while Polibastious merely nodded. "I was talking to one of the corsairs earlier and he said we couldn't burn the ship because it would attract every warship within a hundred miles so we'll hit it with the reapers." Not far from them six corsairs where busy making one of the ships two reaper bolt throwers ready. With a musical twang it fired a bolt which slammed into the human merchantman right at the water line. Over the next few minutes three more followed it until the ship was listing badly. "The corsairs left all the hatches open" Darven continued, "Makes it sink quicker see?"

Just as the enemy ship vanished from sight Captain Kireth came back out on deck.
"Right, the little mystery has been solved. That ship was owned by someone who is apparently very important in human politics. It was being sent to pick up something valuable and bring it back to some city whose name I'm not even going to try and pronounce. The up side is, we now know where that something valuable is, and the humans wont be expecting us. It's in a little village about a weeks sailing from here. It wasn't the village I had intended to hit but it seems like a much better prospect so we'll be paying them a visit." He stopped talking and waited to see if anyone felt like adding anything.

Right, quick Q&A time if you want to ask him anything. Likewise you can chat to each other as we haven't had much time for that yet, or either of the two NPC mercs with you.

Caraoc: You found a sunstone and grabbed a whole 20 gold. You can also take your pick of any other navigational instrument which would be in a captains cabin if you want. None will be gold plated or anything but they will work. You also now have a cutlass.

Ladry: You now have a long sword and you still have the seal of the commander. It's worth about 5 gold but you might have another use for it other than sale. Other than that you also found 20 gold.

Searinox: You have the short sword and a couple of expensive bottles of brandy you liberated before the corsairs carried it off. You also found 30 gold on the body with the short sword.

Paithan: A large pile of armour. Enough to make two suits of medium armour if you go all smithy. The metal is too light to forge good heavy armour without a proper forge though.

Dolan: A steel faced round shield (think viking shape) and miscellaneous coins adding up to about 25 gold.

Analya: Main Gauche, flask of decent liquor. You can grab the rapier for later sale if you want as well as any grubby cards, dice or knuckle-bones you'd likely find in crew quarters. 10 gold found in personal effects.

All: Despite not having any real cargo the ship did have supplies such as spare sail, tools and various other stuff that the captain can sell at the next port which will get you each a share of 214 gold. While you don't have it now, you will by the time we reach somewhere to spend it.


_________________
Group 28- Name: Cananatra; Warrior; Follower of Slaanesh
WS:4 S:4 T:5 D:4 I:3
Equipment: MC Long sword, Throwing Axe, Dagger, Heavy Armour, Slaanesh Amulet, Dalvian Hunting Horn, Rations x 7, Null stone x 1, 525 Gold, Dark Steed, Blackpowder Pistol [18/18]
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Ride, Endurance


Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:54 pm
Profile
Trainee Warrior
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:45 am
Posts: 44
Laughing to cover his embarrasment paithan just looks to ladry as the corsair wanders off. thats what I get for not talking to this lot I suppose. Im going to look at the forge and see what I can do with it. bowing his head paithan sets off towards the prow and after struggling to free the covering cloths he smiles at the snall but practical forge. He could smelt small amounts or be able to beat heated panels to reshape them his mind already concocting thoughts of how to best utilise his haul. Finally nodding firmly to himself he recovers the forge and moves to his berth sitting and poring over his haul of miscellaneous steel. quality is fine but recasting will reduce the strength. Hmmmm thinking more and more he looks over the colection of mail linings and setting to tearing them from the linen and leather backings soon has a mass of ringed mail in various states of unraveled disrepair though his smiths mind sees the possibilities. Moving and lugging this as well as 2 breastplates to the deck takes the one armed armourer the better part of an hour but as he assembles his things he stands infront of the cold forge and smiles. Hammer. Tongs and anvil readied he starts to grab a large bucket and using saltwater from over the side he promptly soaks the dexk sround about the small fire pit thr deck soon thoroughly sodden through with water to extinguish his striking sparks. Finally comfortable with his set up he stares back across the deck and bellows in his strong commanding toneladry. Dolan if I might borrow you for a moment?


paithan after feelig somewhat embarrased by the corsair has st to his next task eith vigour examining the small forge to get a mind for what he can do with it he has hauled up the pieces he needs to construct his armour. Then called for ladry and dolan to come assist

_________________
Name: paithan darkshadow
Sex: male
Age: 174
Height: 6ft1
Weight: 245 lbs
Class:khainite
Statistics: weapon skill 5 strength 3 Toughness 4 dexterity 3 Intelligence 4
Equipment: draich, Medium armour
Skills: endurance, smithing


Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:21 pm
Profile
Malekith's Best Friend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:46 pm
Posts: 1177
Location: The Depths of Despair
Satisfied that the cabin was bereft of anything of great value, Ladry snatches the log and correspondence, and splits the captains purse with Caraoc before headed back to the deck of the cutter. She quickly realised the paperwork was all in the barbaric human tongue, and handed them over to the captain Kireth, then sat down to talk to Analya and Paithan. It wasnt long before Kireth had translated the log, and upon hearing the promise of "something valueable", her mood ligthened abit. "Not an entirely wasteful raid then" she offered to her comrades before standing up to adress the captain.

"You read the human tongue. I would have you teach me. It might be worthwhile, one day." Not waiting to hear his answer, she turns her back to him and struts across the deck, her fingers playing with the ring in her pocket. It was too big for her slender fingers, yet carrying such a small object in her pocket left much to be desired. She quickly produced a length of string that seemed sturdy enough, and tied the ring to it before tossing it across her head. Satisfied with the safekeeping precautions, she approaced the other mercenaries in turn. "Cannon fodder meeting, tonight after grub has been served", she told all of them. Whether all would join in, she didnt care much. Surely they would realise it might be smart to plan future action more carefully, in order to avoid unnecessary casualties.

After all, one of them dead is all the more likely that I'll be forced into... Close quarter action. The thought of having to actually use her newly looted sword was utterly beneath her. Still, she fastened it to her belt alongside her dagger, so adversaries could at least see she was properly armed.

Finally, she went with Paithan to the bow of the ship and glanced at the small forge. She took her time about it, as she didnt much care for the tone of his voice, but thought it better not to argue the case now. Not knowing much of forge work, she waited for him to talk.

Ladry "orders" the captain to teach her to read human, before she moves around to summon all the mercenaries to a meeting after dinnertime tonight, in order to try and coordinate future action. Then she follows Paithan to the ships forge.

_________________
Name: Ladry (female)
Class: Mage (Pyromancer)
Equipment: Staff, longsword, dagger, 20 gold, insignia ring.
Skills: Power of Aqshy (2), defensive figthing
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.


Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:08 pm
Profile
Assassin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:53 am
Posts: 594
With an apple in one hand, Analya went through the sailors' possessions. The liqueur could come in handy as a gift for someone and backup weapons are always good to have, but otherwise she had little luck. No artistically painted cards, no set of intriguing dice, everything the humans had was plain and uninteresting. Not a big surprise, but still a little disappointing. On one deck of playing cards, there were pictures of human women with a remarkable lack of clothing and Analya reluctantly decided to keep it. These barbarian beauties with broad faces and soft bodies would probably be too exotic for most elves, but someone could maybe appreciate them and there was little she was going to salvage from the ship, anyhow.

On the way out, she had to laugh about herself. Instead of claiming vast riches in glorious battles, she was stealing indecent pictures from dirty sailors. How fitting for a noble lady. Talan would laugh at her for at least a full day. She will have to tell him once she has the chance.

She wondered how is he doing, with the protracted war his house is probably still waging and with the Durekhars tightly holding to their neutrality. The Lanadirs should emerge victorious, but many things can happen in a conflict of this kind.

---

Back on the corsair ship their brave captain explained their next target was a small village with an important man inside.

“What exactly do you want to do once we arrive?” asked Analya in a thoughtful voice. This might have been the first time when she spoke to the captain without some kind of challenge hidden in her posture or intonation. “Do you simply hope this man is rich and we will find better bounty by him than in a regular village, or do you have something more elaborate in mind?”

She looked around, at the first officer, then Caraoc, then the assembled corsairs. “And what kind of opposition do you expect? Important politicians often have bodyguards. Sometimes mages are accompanying them. Any hints in the documents you have read?”

---

Later, after the captain said all he wanted and the corsairs went to work, Analya looked over the deck. There was a corsair on a watch observing the horizon, several of his companions were adjusting the sails, a man was standing behind the wheel. Some elves were busy with the forge, others disappeared somewhere. And somehow, Searinox was remaining alone on the right side of the deck, out of earshot of anyone else she could see. Analya walked to him without haste.

“May I join you?” she said, leaning on the side of the ship, facing the board so she could see should anyone disturb their privacy. “I would like to ask what do you think about our captain so far.”

She was keeping her voice down and observing him attentively. It could easily be her intention both to start a mutiny and to just have a friendly chat.

---

Then the evening came, the time for a meeting which should transform their incoherent group of mercenaries into a scary fighting force. Analya was thinking first about speaking with each of them separately and ensuring they would attend, but in the end, she abandoned the thought. She was too curious who would come on his own. There would be enough time for convincing them later.

“We should go to the bow,” she said to Ladry and all the other mercenaries. “I suspect we will need a lot of free space.”

She was the first to go there, then turned around and watched the others.

Discussing the captain's plans, throwing strange questions at Searinox, attending the mercenary meeting.

-----------------------------

Analya Durekhar (female shade)

WS 5 S3 T3 D4 I4
skills: acrobatics, unarmed combat, Sariya fencing (1)
equipment: 2x rapier (one good, one average), short bow, parrying dagger
junk: 224 gold, pack of immodest cards, decent liqueur

_________________
The Lost Colony defenders - Rowena's painting log

Alternative Armies - because we can build any army without GW!


Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:13 pm
Profile
Trainee Warrior
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:45 am
Posts: 44
As ladry comes to him he nods his head in a respectful bow one hand over his chest in what seems like a salute of greeting. ladry. Thank you for the meeting you have organised. We need to think less the individual and more a fighting unit and more listen to you than they would to a half crazy outcast like me....oh don't deny it you all think that of me. The lone one training and diving into the heavyest fighting he must have a death wish...but I don't get me drunk enough one time I may even tell you why I dont smiling and laughing it off though it seems a little forced he turns to the matter at hand I could do with some assistance getting this lit if possible. I didn't want to worry about raising sparks trying to get it started. I will even resize that bit of shiny around your neck as a thank you. Looks lovely by the way and gold is a lot easier to work than steel afterall. Dont worry I wont steal it. smiling gently to ladry in his own mind disarmingly though it probably looks more creepy he starts to work the bellows with his good arm trying to get oxygen into the coals to see if it will help get it lit. If ladry will help afterall his past experience with other druchii tend to lesn towards the knowledge that most are self serving. Though making such sweeping generalisation dont always improve his relations with his compatriots they have kept him alive so far

_________________
Name: paithan darkshadow
Sex: male
Age: 174
Height: 6ft1
Weight: 245 lbs
Class:khainite
Statistics: weapon skill 5 strength 3 Toughness 4 dexterity 3 Intelligence 4
Equipment: draich, Medium armour
Skills: endurance, smithing


Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:16 pm
Profile
Corsair
Corsair
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:00 pm
Posts: 8714
Location: Hag Graef
Caraoc had little time to investigate solo the human captain's cabin. The little trick to keep Ladry at bay for some time did not last very long.
Anyway, the pilot was so happy to find nautical instruments that he had lost the short time advantage that he had.
He knew them all, and could apreciate how the humans made efficient tools, albeit rather ugly, in order to use some primitive navigation techniques. Anyway, these techniques would make good use of stars, and stars was what Caraoc knew best.
The most intriguing was a warpstone. Caraoc had seen one in the hands of a fleetmaster, he had observed how it was used to find the direction of the sun even in the most foggy conditions (but only during the day, though), which allowed to keep a steady course. Being now an owner of such a rare stone was an excellent omen.

The fire mage being there, there was no point to conceal what Caraoc was doing. It could be a good opportunity to show her what Heavens could do?
The treasure-finding spell concentrated on a small mirror, scrutinized the whole cabin, but nothing was to be found. The mirror shattered in the process, and nothing was hidden behind either.
The two mages shared the few golden coins that were to be found, barely concealed in a cabinet.
Disappointing as it was, there was no safe to be found there.

Caraoc took the opportunity of the search together with the mage to compliment her for the effective use of fire.
He added that perhaps a coordination between them two could be appropriate, knowing how fire would suffer from all the air elements that Caraoc could imagine to summon. She nodded, but was distracted by some human papers that she found fascinating, for some reason, despite being unable to read them.
Caraoc guessed easily that the sigil found on some documents was the reason for Ladry's interest, but he did not question her on that.

-=-=-

When the looting ended, it appeared that it did not even match the resistance opposed to the druchii, however poor it had been.
At least, some fresh food would make a change from the usual canned beef. And a couple of new slaves were always handy.
After a while, the captain and his second appeared on the deck, having read the human logs, and seemed quite happy about them.
Good thing. A merry captain makes a merry crew, as Caraoc knew well.

The fire mage called for a mercenary meeting in the evening. Good thing. If a competent leader would take a leading role amongst the mercenaries, that would increase their overall efficiency as a group.
But how competent was that girl? The Astromancer wondered whether it would be worth a "guess", but as he did, the ship resumed her motion and he forgot.

-=-=-

The "Hungry Gaze" took some speed, and Caraoc noticed that the course set by the captain had been slightly amended compared to previous days.
The pilot mage was eager to let the ship's pilot, and the captain too, that he could be of some help in that field. Only the warpstone would be used solely in a concealed way. It was too late to try a noon fix with his new sextant, but there would be more opportunities.

-=-=-

Just after the evening fix made with the first stars to appear over the horizon, Caraoc went to find the other mercenaries.
He was curious to see how the fire mage would take the leadership over the fearsome warriors that were at their sides. OR would someone else emerge?
He did not care much, anyone would do the task. Himself was a pilot, not a leader. He could find the path to anywhere, but would rarely pick up the destination by himself.

Happy with new toys.
Joining the evening meeting.


_________________
Caraoc the scald pilot - WS3 S4 T3 D5 I5 - A saga or it didn't happen!
Equipment: staff, repeater handbow (20 clips), Sea Dragon Cloak, cutlass
Inventory: "Beastbane" Horn, sunstone, sextant and set of navigational instruments; 20 gold + share.
Skills: Power of Azyr (2), Evasion, Raiding
Class: Mage (Astromancer)

_________________
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}


Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:15 pm
Profile
Aspiring Brush Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:19 pm
Posts: 680
Location: In my Armory, protecting my Weed.
Searinox slowly re-emerged from the ships cargo hull with a look of disappointment on his face, 'What a shame that the hull was empty, I hope our future targets are better filled." he looked down to the small bag he was carrying at his side and opened it, looking at the bottles of brandy inside "luckily it wasn't all for naught." he let out small chuckle as he made his way back to the cutter.

-------------

After the captain had explained their next course of action Searinox waited for his replies to the questions that was asked him, all he wanted to know was asked already so why ask it again. Then he heard Ladry talk to the captain "arrogant one, this one isn't she?" he thought to himself, calling himself a fool to having missed it for these past few weeks. Yet, it's these arrogant ones that tend to make the better leaders, or they would die trying at least. Searinox wouldn't mind getting some good teamwork going between the mercenaries, they only had each other to count on after all.
"well I'll see you tonight then." Searinox said with a tone that mirrored Ladry attitude.

as he made his way to the railing he passed Dolan and reached into the satchel with the brandy in it and pulled on out. "If I recall correctly... you were in need of a drink some time ago." with the most genuine smile he could muster, he slowly tossed the bottle toward the large elf after their eyes had locked to make sure the big guy didn't drop the bottle and waste good liquor. "best keep friends with this one." A big guy like him is handy on the battle field to soak up attention from potential threats while Searinox would focus on taking out those threats. "Also, I found a small sword, but it doesn't really live up to our noble race's standards, could you have a look at that later?" With that he gave a small wave noting that he had some trust in Dolan and then continued his way to the side of the railing.

pulling out another bottle of the brandy he opened it and started drinking as he reached the railing of the ship. "think I'll empty this one and keep the last one for a rainy day."

After some time Analya joined him, he had seen her fight from the corner of his eye and was impressed with her fighting style. Quite elegant to watch, and effective as well, even though she made quite a fool of herself when she got worked down by one of the warriors, not that Searinox was one to talk much. His eye had started to get soar and had turned black from the elbow he received from one of the sailors. Yet still, she could make a good person to fight next to, as she seemed to be used to a more evasive style of combat much like his.
"But of course you may." He replied, trying to sound as polite as he could. "The captain? So far he hasn't impressed me, where I come from the captain is in the fray commanding his crew as the raid." Searinox paused to take a look at the captain. "though it was only a small merchant ship, let's hope he shows that he is worth the title of captain during our next raid." turning back he showed a faint grin. "Even if one stays at the back of the lines, accidents do still happen."


--------------------

When nightfall came Searinox made his way up to the bow of the ship, wondering what the evening meeting would bring and if they could turn this rag tag group of mercenaries into a fighting force to be feared.

Making friend with Dolan and Analya, asking if Dolan can make his new sword abit more threatening.

_________________
PLOG - The House of Corvus
Image

Group 41- Name: Searinox Nagharha - Shade
WS:5 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Acrobatics, Basic Stealth


Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:25 pm
Profile
Assassin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:53 am
Posts: 594
Searinox was holding a bottle and seemed quite content – more than in the past weeks, anyhow. Was it the effect of the alcohol he had already drunk or of their victory? He spoke to her in a very polite way and seemed to share the same discontent with their captain that several mercenaries had already expressed before.

“I am not amazed by him, either,” Analya nodded. “On the other hand, he had little chance to prove himself so far. He understands the winds and his crew works well. He probably cares very little if we die but that does not mean he has not a plan.”

Analya paused for a while, giving her words time to settle, looking at the board, at the bottle in her companion's hands, then back at his face.

“I would be very interested who this captain actually is," she continued. "How many raids has he led and how successful they were. If he always stays out or a fight, how good is he as a commander when the need to lead the battle arises. How many mercenaries does he usually hire and how many of them return. What happened to the sellswords who sailed with him last time.” She stopped for a slight shrug. “I would like to ask a corsair about this, but I can hardly convince one to share gossip with me. I am a girl, and a crazy one who apparently only fights for amusement, and on top of that, I am obviously of noble birth. But you would blend nicely.”

Analya gave Searinox an inquiring look and asked: “Up to the task?”

Offering Searinox a quest. Quest reward not specified.

-----------------------------

Analya Durekhar (female shade)

WS 5 S3 T3 D4 I4
skills: acrobatics, unarmed combat, Sariya fencing (1)
equipment: 2x rapier (one good, one average), short bow, parrying dagger
junk: 224 gold, pack of immodest cards, decent liqueur

_________________
The Lost Colony defenders - Rowena's painting log

Alternative Armies - because we can build any army without GW!


Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:38 pm
Profile
Aspiring Brush Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:19 pm
Posts: 680
Location: In my Armory, protecting my Weed.
"his plan would propably not work out into the best of our interrests though" Searinox turned to look at the captains crew, scanning them with an almost predatory look on his face as if he was looking for the weakest members to get information out off. He then turned around to face the sea again "I guess I could indulge myself in gathering some information about our captain." Searinox toke another swig of his brandy before continueing. "How long did the captain say it would take to reach our next target..? About a week?" He looked out into the sea as if he was formulating a plan on how best to get the information out of the crew without getting himself keelhauled by them "I'll give it a shot, but no promises..." he glanced over his shoulder "if his crew is half decent it won't be easy to get the information we... you want."

he looked at the bottle of brandy he was drinking, he had already finished 1/3 of the bottle.
'better save this for latter then... might be handy to lossen some lips with.'
He closed the bottle and put it back in the satchel with the other.

Accepting the quest giving to him, 'accidentely' letting slip that hes also interrested in the captain. Then continueing in friendly chatter with Analya

_________________
PLOG - The House of Corvus
Image

Group 41- Name: Searinox Nagharha - Shade
WS:5 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Acrobatics, Basic Stealth


Last edited by Searinox Nagharha on Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.



Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:42 am
Profile
Malekith's Best Friend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:46 pm
Posts: 1177
Location: The Depths of Despair
"Should be a simple thing..." Ladry mumbles. She could feel her strength returning now, and starting the smallest of embers within the charcoal of the forge would be trivial, even with a tinderbox. The point Paithan made about sparks was valid though, and she focuses her attention to the spot closest to the mouth of the bellows, where the flow of air would be highest. With naught but a whisper, she utters a single word, and a small ember springs into excistence at the intended point, growing in intensity as the strong arms of the khainite worked the bellows. Satisfied, Ladry reaches for her newly fashioned necklace, turning the sigil ring around in her hand. "Actually... I think I might keep it in its original shape for now." she replies as Paithan offers to reshape it. Not that she doubted he would do an acceptable job at it, but if they might encounter someone who would recognise the ring from both sigil and size, any attempt to alter it would make it look a replica. With not much better to do now they where underway again, she leaned towards the railing and watched the smiths do their work, as she ran through the possible outcomes of tonights meeting through her mind. From time to time she would offer some idle chatter to the two, if they where up for it through their heavy working.

__________

Later, after the evening grub, which was slightly higher in standard than what she had grown accustomed to over the past weeks, she went with the other mercenaries to the bow of the ship as Analya had suggested. They had all decided to come on their own accord, a good sign. Glancing around the small group, it would be difficult to say who stood out the most. A sword-and-shields-man, a draichmaster, a fencer of obvious noble lineage, a sneaky stabber, a corsair-turned-mage (or is it the other way around?), a couple of regular corsair sellswords. Oh, and me. She cleared her throat briefly, taking notice to keep her voice low enough to not let the captains men hear them, and then took up the word.

"I think we can all draw the conclusion that this little engagement was chaotic, and uncoordinated. This serves the captains best interest; the more of us that die, the more loot he gets to keep for himself. I say, for no other reason than that its in each of our individual best interest, that we start looking out for one another, and go into the next action with a plan."

She paused briefly to examine the effect her words had on the gathering of mercenaries, before resuming. "As you have seen, my primary battle skills lie in the subtle manipulations of fire. Generally, you can expect me to wreak some measure of havoc as we close distance, and when the rest of you get too close, I will focus my channeling on keeping you as safe as I can, and have the flames burn in the direction if the enemy only.

Satisfied with her introduction, she took a half step backwards, and then shifted her gaze past the others to see who would take up the word next.

__________

Ligthing a fire for Paithan (I assume a small thing like this would go okay as it made for easier flow of writing, however if you need to make a roll for it I can always edit my post should I accidentally blow up the ship ;)

Subsequently, tries to form some resemblance of common purpose amongst the mercenaries.

_________________
Name: Ladry (female)
Class: Mage (Pyromancer)
Equipment: Staff, longsword, dagger, 20 gold, insignia ring.
Skills: Power of Aqshy (2), defensive figthing
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.


Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:15 am
Profile
Trainee Warrior
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:45 am
Posts: 44
Smiling broadly and bowing before setting to working the bellows to stoke the fuel that now burns with a soft ember light he genuinely looks happy for the first time since they had spotted the Human vessel and given chase Thank you Ladry. if you need anything repairing in the future please bring it to me and I shall do my best. you can pass that around the crew as well beginning to pump the bellows harder and harder paithan begins to work up a sweat his strong muscles rippling as it begins to smoke and flame but always under control his manipulation of the heat second to none as he gets it to the correct temperature. soon he leaves the bellows and starts to place the metal into the furnace, heating a breastplate he starts to beat it, overlapping new plating and scalloping the plates to make it fit his size. cooling and quenching the metal the glow off of the dulled steel illuminating his face in a ruddy half light her works and works the sun going down moving from breastplate to helm shaping it to fit close to his head and beating it into a smooth form to deflect any glancing blows he smiles and growls as his weakened arm twinges but he doesnt slow and doesnt stop loving every second of this skill he has and being able to utilise it. hours later he is polishing and finishing riveting links together on the long piece of mail that he has reshaped and reassembled the greaves and vambraces restrapped all repadded he starts to armour himself to test the fit of his workmanship.

his humanhide hauberk is soon covered, his ringmail hauberk sewn to it and floor length split front and back to the waist so he can walk, a breasplate of overlapping lightweight plates giving him the flexibilty he wanted though not the top level of protection, arms and legs covered by vambraces of the same scalloped and banded steel. and finall the helm, well padded and pulled into place with a burnished finish across it all apart from the face plate, where his plan for the captured skull finally comes into his horriying conclusion, the eye sockets widened and face section removed it form the frontal piece of the helm underlayued and riveted to the metal faceplate a grinning skull helm from which paithans piercing blue eyes stare out from behind.

------------------

The work had taken Paithan the rest of the day and helm removed and hanging at his waist on a specially designed hook he takes up his draich and moves to the meeting at the bow standing there looking resplendent and truly the warrior once more. listening to Ladry's opening speech with interest he nods his head, finally speaking as she falls silent the mage is not wrong, we need tactics that cause us to operate as a group. we have it seems a good mix of skills we need to learn how to utilise these to be effective. for example i need space to swing this Patting the draich as a point of emphasis and being toe to toe with someone is not the best use of my skills but the hole in my shoulder shows I am poor match unsupported against stronger opponents. I am a soldier and my skills do not lend themselves to thinking of this individual combat I will sede my thinking to those with more experience... and with that he falls silent having given his approval to Ladry's thinking but being able to offer very little in ways of solution.

Paithan after thanking ladry works the forge and forms a set of medium armour for himself a tthe forge, a mail hauberk with lightweight plates to cover more vital areas with a human faced skull helm. after this has taken him the day he hurries to the meeting and offers his belief in the plan but little else as he has no knowledge of individual skirmish fighting tactics

_________________
Name: paithan darkshadow
Sex: male
Age: 174
Height: 6ft1
Weight: 245 lbs
Class:khainite
Statistics: weapon skill 5 strength 3 Toughness 4 dexterity 3 Intelligence 4
Equipment: draich, Medium armour
Skills: endurance, smithing


Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:15 am
Profile
Assassin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:53 am
Posts: 594
Searinox seemed happy to accept her proposal, maybe almost eager to start, searching the board for a suitable victim with the expression of a hunter. “I don't think we are particularly in haste,” said Analya. “Even if you do not succeed before the next fight, it shouldn't matter. You can first make friends with someone and ask your questions only after a few days of good drinking. As you have said, they might be secretive at the beginning.”

“Which reminds me, you could maybe use this.”
She placed a bottle in front of her companion. “There is some human liqueur inside. I have no idea how does it taste or how quickly it makes you drunk. But I am sure some corsair would be happy to join you in degustation.” Analya looked at the half-empty flask of brandy in Searinox's satchel and added: “I would be surprised if no one of them would be as fond of alcohol as you are.”

---

Ladry had barely left enough time for everyone to gather in their evening meeting and she was already beginning to speak. Apparently, Analya's guess about the captain was catching better then she would ever expect. Better than would be advisable. Then the draich wielder took over just a fraction of second before the highborn could respond. She let him speak out of both politeness and curiosity. Not surprisingly, he did not add much.

“Let us go a step back first,” she said once Paithan had stopped talking, in a voice as muted as the mage's but in a rash and authoritative manner. “Despite I was the first to pronounce the meat shield theory, I would like to stress that we do not know if this is true. While the captain most probably cares little if one of us dies, the thought that he will actively try to send us to our deaths is nothing but a wild guess. The reason I am saying this is that should we perceive mister Snakeskin as our enemy, he will notice sooner or later, then he will start to see us as threats in return and act accordingly. I think we can all agree we do not want to fight the captain of the ship we are sailing on.”

Analya raised her voice as her following words were meant for the corsairs that might accidentally hear them as well. “So far, there have been two separate groups on this ship with minimal overlap. This is a situation that necessarily creates tensions just from the fact that everyone thinks in the terms of “we” and “they”. As we hardly want any conflicts on our ship, we should all try to build up a sense of mutual trust. Caraoc has already done a remarkable job in this regard, being a mercenary that is actively working on keeping the ship moving. But much more can be done. Maybe some corsair will need to have something repaired. Maybe one of them can be helped with a spell. There is no say who can be useful to whom during such a long sail.”

Lowering her voice to something just slightly above a whisper, she added: “Simultaneously, we are going to show them just how dangerous we are. This will make a good additional reason why they should want to be friends with us. I want to make as many of them as possible hesitate should they ever get the command to oppose us.”

Analya looked around the faces of her fellow mercenaries and asked, her voice of normal loudness and less commanding than before but still firm. “Any objections before we move back to battle tactics?”

Offering the liqueur she has recently salvaged to Searinox. Proposing a long-term approach to survival.


-------------- ---------------

Analya Durekhar (female shade)

WS 5 S3 T3 D4 I4
skills: acrobatics, unarmed combat, Sariya fencing (1)
equipment: 2x rapier (one good, one average), short bow, parrying dagger
junk: 224 gold, pack of immodest cards, decent liqueur

_________________
The Lost Colony defenders - Rowena's painting log

Alternative Armies - because we can build any army without GW!


Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:55 am
Profile
Aspiring Brush Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:19 pm
Posts: 680
Location: In my Armory, protecting my Weed.
Searinox laughed as he reached for the bottle, "I sure there are a few that would like a drink as much as I do, lets just hope they don't hold their liquer as well as me either."
Searinox opened the bottle and smelled its content "Smells strong enough, strong enough to lossen some lips atleast," He then closed the bottle and put it in the satchel with the rest "I'll put it to good use and..." he looked around them "Lets make sure this stays between us for now. The less people know about or little endavour the better."

- - - -

As Analya finished Searinox stepped away from the railing he was leaning on and started talking in a manner so that only the mercenaries could hear "I'd have to agree, while I am sure that the captain would like most of us to 'disappear' by the end of this voyage, he will still need our help to make it to the end of this voyage. If he truly plans to get rid of us it won't be until we have reached our goal. Until then it would be unwise to make the captain our enemy." Searinox slowly walks along the lines of the mercenary group to make sure nobody unwanted is tuning in on their conversation. He then turned back to adress Analya.
"But how would you suppose we show them how dangerous we truly are?"

Accepts the bottle of liquer to help negotiate with the corsairs and tells Analya to leave the investigation to him.
Later that night gives his input during the meeting.

_________________
PLOG - The House of Corvus
Image

Group 41- Name: Searinox Nagharha - Shade
WS:5 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Acrobatics, Basic Stealth


Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:11 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software