Group 42 OOC

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Marchosias
Assassin

Group 42 OOC

Post by Marchosias »

Welcome to the best (and only) place to banter about our new shiny Group 42! :D

All OOC (out of character) chat should be directed here instead of polluting the role playing thread itself. We can survive an occasional short remark, of course. ;)

Hope you will enjoy this. If any question arises, please ask!
Marchosias
Assassin

Re: Group 42 OOC

Post by Marchosias »

By the way, although neither Paithan nor Jcitalia said anything about participating in this one I am writing their characters in, too, at least through the village attack. Then we will see.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Welcome Marchosias as RGP mod! :D
Could we sum up who is playing?

Caraoc is there, despite RL which will make my time scarcer than it has been lately.

-=-=-

"It was a nice spring afternoon, "
"It was approaching dusk almost two weeks later when they came in sight of land,"

Could you clarify at which post exactly RGP42 drifts away from RGP41, and which RPG41 posts we need to discard if any?
In your introduction post, you seem to come back to the afternoon when we were on the ship with the captain,
but suddenly in middle post, we seem to find ourselves with the first officer answering our demands.
If this is correct, please edit your post with a clearer separation. Thanks.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

We are continuing right where G41 has stalled. The ship anchored a few miles from a village where this mysterious valuable thing should be and then the first officer came with the offer that the mercenaries should devise the attack plan. Then a few questions were directed at him and this is where my post begins. No posts are disarded; some of the players wrote a bit about marching to the village and such which is slightly ahead but this should be no problem.

I have just fully forgotten Cana has mentioned which time of a day this is happening. :oops: I have applied a hotfix, hopefully it is clearer now.
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

Post by Searinox Nagharha »

i love this new group, group 42, sounds nice... 42... sounds like... Death :twisted:
weird to see your name in blue tho :lol:
PLOG - The House of Corvus

Group 41- Name: Searinox Nagharha - Shade
WS:5 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Acrobatics, Basic Stealth
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

I have just invited Jcitalia and Paithan through a PM. We will wait a few days and then we can start looking for more. On the other hand, three players would not be that bad and it would leave the opportunity to add someone later. I think the story should not prohibit that.

By the way, if you have some expectations or wishes about the story you would like to see here, this is the perfect time to let me know. ;)
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

Don't know... how serieus are we gonna make this story? :D cause some Jack Sparrow esque shenannigens are always gun every now and then :lol:
Searinox is gonna volunteer for the scouting tho (I'll see if i can write something up 2morrow) so we shall see how that winds up :mrgreen:

Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

No specific expectation at this stage.
I'll try to write a quick post tomorrom or Sunday.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Thraundil »

I just expect to be met with a nice story, basically ^^ and to light humans on fire! And maybe some day, other elves ;)
Name: Ladry (female)
Class: Mage (Pyromancer)
Equipment: Staff, longsword, dagger, 20 gold, insignia ring.
Skills: Power of Aqshy (2), defensive figthing
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

Calisson, you have just reminded me the question I wanted to ask. :) How is your beastbane horn supposed to work? Striking fear in all kinds of animals, I suppose?

And does anybody know if there are any means to hinder a captive mage from casting spells? Alternatively, will someone be offended if I invent some? :D
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Kinslayer initially only provided the name of the horn. See first blow results here.
I'd assume it to panic any animal hearing it. Could be interesting in a peasant's village...

-=-=-

About magic, Druchii.net system sets no limitations other than "common sense", if that could help about casting spells...
I suggested an elaborate set of rules in The Magic Reality Show
It seems complex, but actually it is rather very detailed, as those rules provide all the balance of spell casting, including magic objects.

Of course, experienced mages casting well known spells have an easier job.
The more powerful you want your spell, the more you have to fuel it.
More powerful means powerful effect, large area, great distance, lasting long.
Better fuel is provided by taking time to cast, with gesture, components, vocals...
Trying to cast powerful spells in adverse conditions results in severe side-effects.

According to that system, a captive mage, silenced and blinded with bound hands, would be able to cast only very minor spells. Probably the first spell to be cast would imply taking aways all these bounds. Only a guard awake could prevent casting at all anything serious.
Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Thraundil »

Marchosias wrote:Calisson, you have just reminded me the question I wanted to ask. :) How is your beastbane horn supposed to work? Striking fear in all kinds of animals, I suppose?

And does anybody know if there are any means to hinder a captive mage from casting spells? Alternatively, will someone be offended if I invent some? :D

Well spells are incantations and complex hand movements, right? Break their hands and cut out their tongue. That should do the trick.
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

Yes but if we cut out his tongue we cant get any further info out of him

Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

Does my companion come equiped with a Repeater Handbow?

Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

Yes, he has one.

About the captured wizards, I was hoping to hear you can have some kind of special handcuffs that hinder your access to the winds of magic. Made from some sort of anti-magic metal, maybe. (Actually, is it not so that all metal is anti-magic? Except for metal magic, of course? I think this is the explanation wizards cannot wear armour, it would bring them too close to the material world and hinder their casting but I may remember incorrectly.) Thanks for the replies, anyway.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Actually, you're perfectly right!
BRB p.500, "most Wizards cannot wield the Winds of Magic if they wear armour of any kind - their magical senses are smothered by the armour's embrace"
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

I doubt a pair of cuffs would have the same effect tho.
Good that he has one, makes it easier to take out the sentry

also, i love how you keep bringing Sears past up in your posts :D rly liking the 'disgraced noble' feel. Tho if you plan to toy around with it in the future, most likely only the captain would be able to put Searinoxs name together with the fall of his House several years ago.

Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

Glad you enjoy it!
I would like to work with the past of all the player characters. And with their goals, fears, desires, with their relationships to other elves, other races or to themselves... But it among other things depends on how much do you tell me about them. ;)
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

i have a rough draft of Sears past (planning on writing a short soon since i have ample time now) so if you want to know anything just ask ;)

Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

The most important thing to know about Searinox are probably the details about the attack against his family. Who was guilty? What did he gain? Does he know Searinox and his sister are alive? Is he hunting them or is he content with breaking the power of their house? Some of these you can leave for me, of course. I would just like the attack to be more than an act of blind anger. Fighting between noble house weakens the druchii as a whole, at least if it is an all-out war, and therefore it would most likely be severely punished by Malekith.

Then there are persons and objects that were important for Searinox in the past. Siblings, teachers, family heirlooms, ships, even places. Anything I might be able to dig out and place somewhere in the story. I can of course inform you that this elf you have just met is actually your uncle - most elves have one, after all - but digging someone out of the character description would be much cleaner.

In general I need to know what do the characters care about. What will ignite their passions, make them angry, scared, joyful, compassionate. The worst thing is a character indifferent to his surroundings. It is extremely hard to make him personally interested in the story, then.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Caraoc's ambitions were explained in the Groups thread.
He is basically an explorer, always eager to find new paths (including Wind Walking, he would love to go to the Moon...).
Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Thraundil »

One thing to keep in mind is that in-figthing is encouraged by Malekith. By having all the lesser lords fight amongst each other, none can ever be strong enough to challenge his supreme rule. Only when he invades Ulthuan does he not permit infigthing.
Also, I can try for some additional background on Ladry if you need it :)
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

I PMed you the info :mrgreen: seemed more fun to me :P

Also from what i remember the Druchii live by a 'survival of the fittest' lifestyle so infighting wouldnt be to uncommon. unless it turns into full scale wars Malekith isnt to concerened with it

Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Searinox Nagharha wrote:Also from what i remember the Druchii live by a 'survival of the fittest' lifestyle so infighting wouldnt be to uncommon.
Disagree. This would describe an orc society, not a druchii one.
The difference is discipline, and intelligence of the common interest.
Compare to RL lions who hardly ever fight against each other. They value the relative strength, and rather submit or flee than fight.
Druchii are the same race as HE and WE, only their values are different.
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

True, I stand corrected :D