Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Re: Group 22 - Out of Character discussion thread

Post by Drainial »

Good to hear, I will keep you posted.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

If they'll fight, V will fight with them!
Vryala Naïlo - WS5 / S5 / T5 / D5 / I4

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Mount: Dark Steed (Blanky), barding, talisman of Protection
Gold: 1735
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Anarin Sarath (2), Basic Ride
Class: Warrior
Caraoc
Slave on the Altar

Post by Caraoc »

Just to let you know, Caraoc is alive!
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Callison? what is going on?
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Hey, don't worry, that's just me.
I created Caraoc for a test purpose. Where better than in Group 22 for young Caraoc to make a test?
He might see service again as such some day, but there's nothing in the air for the moment.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Hey guys, long time no see... how is everybody doing? Please see the general Off Topic board on the site for the baby news!

Glad to see you are all still enjoying some RPG without me. I still don't have time for it but to tell you the truth one of the things I miss the most right now is writing and roleplaying, so I can't say I will be out of it forever. In fact I'm thinking about doing a bit of pre-22 writing on Varin, perhaps even set in his early years on his fathers estate, and the feud with House Tvar etc, when I have the time...

Anything new with you guys? I see the forum has changed somewhat...

In other news I am back into gaming as we moved house again two months ago and live right opposite a hall where the local gaming group meet once a week here, but only with 40k for the time being as that's what most of them play. Fantasy will one day follow (again!)
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Well I actually had a few hours spare this morning so made a start on that story. I'm hoping you guys are still about to see this and read it, please use the post there to let me know what you think!

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=72435
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

It took you a mere morning to write that? :shock:

Good read.
Make sure you don't merge the fictional baby story too much with the real one. ;)
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

I think I wrote it in my head when I was sleeping, I woke up knowing what I wanted to write and just typed it up in a few hours :lol:
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

Good read, and glad to hear you're doing well. Not much news on my part; same job, same girlfriend, same bloodlust. :)

I'd like to read more about House Blackthorn - after all, I have quite a history with them. And should Varin ever feel the need to wrest power from the other Vikarh Nobles again, I can assure you Vryala will stand ready by his side! :twisted:

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Dauricha
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dauricha »

Glad to hear things are well with some of you guys.

I've moved to Scotland, back down to England next year to train as an officer in the British Army. So that's something.

I like to think the group made it back to the city, laden down with treasure and slaves. Phalx Tr'sdar finally conquered his inner demons, well, most of them. He opened up a tavern, 'The Shades Rest' a place of dicing, rogues, strong liquor, dark ale and good wine. The great Lord Blackthorn even pops by on the rare occasion to speak to the once mad elf. Deathspitter sits under the bar, well looked after and shining. Phalx even gets it on out occasion to deal with troublemakers, or to win gold from incredible trick shots.

I'll think of more to write as it comes to me.
Phalx Tr'dasr – WS5 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Deathspitter (5/20) 4 of these poisoned (1/2x QD, 3xSD), short sword, dagger, punching dagger (Bloodthirst Rune), shade cloak, full leather armour
Inventory: thieves tools, torches x3, healing balms x5, rope and grapple, Vikarh map, dice, winter gear, orc tusk,
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 5829
Skills: Basic Stealth, Precision Fire, Basic Ride, Frenzy, Ambidexterity,Suithenlu Khythan (1): SP2
Class: Shade
Check out, http://thingsfrom1934.com/
Dauricha
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dauricha »

After years, literal years, this is near complete. http://www.mikaspileofanime.com/6_druchii_commission/first6.jpg
Equipment: Deathspitter (5/20) 4 of these poisoned (1/2x QD, 3xSD), short sword, dagger, punching dagger (Bloodthirst Rune), shade cloak, full leather armour
Inventory: thieves tools, torches x3, healing balms x5, rope and grapple, Vikarh map, dice, winter gear, orc tusk,
Skills: Basic Stealth, Precision Fire, Basic Ride, Frenzy, Ambidexterity,Suithenlu Khythan (1): SP2
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

Wow, that's really quite brilliant. Considering how little direction she's been given. Very nice work.
Layne
Global Moderator. Everything but the weather.

Caveat Numptor.

Karonath - WS6 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Inventory: longspear, 2 short swords, glaive, winter gear, shade cloak,
Mount: Dark Steed (Shiny), talisman of kurnous
Gold: 2294
Skills: Ambidexterity, Controlled Frenzy, Basic Ride, Drukh Kaganth
Class: Khainite
Dauricha
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dauricha »

Shameless Promotion

So the noble Phalx, daring adventurer, is still busy being fantastic.

I have however discovered another character to roleplay. Galadon, the Half Elf Necromancer! We have only been playing for 5 weeks and so far I have been turned into a woman (I am now known as Galada) have a dead Heron following me, and am utterly useless in a fight.

To see these adventures and more, look no further then here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VOcL6k9KL8.

I hope all you chaps are keeping well.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Is everyone still present on the forum?

It has been such a busy, good and interesting year for us that I haven't looked on here. Our little boy turns one today. I also received an email...

Denise at Mika Arts has made some good progress on the Druchii commission art. I know this has taken a long time but I'm just happy to see some end results.

http://sta.sh/21hl84uatvxl

http://animegirlmika.deviantart.com/gal ... ssion-Work

http://sta.sh/227gnwo5895i

What do you think?
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Hey Kin, nice to hear about you! :D
Keep the good job on the toddler, only ~20 years or so left to go.

Meanwhile, Caraoc is pursuing his adventures in the only surviving RPG.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

I have been thinking about what I want to do at the moment with RPGing. I have got back into Warhammer in the last year and now have around a 5k Chaos Dwarf army, 4k Wood Elf army and am working on a Horus Heresy project with the Salamanders legion. Mainly that happened because I discovered a local gaming group and several friends that had started up playing again. This has led to me getting back massively into the fluff, I have just read the Orion trilogy and Archaon and am now working my way back through the Trollslayer series. All this is making me want to write again. I just need to determine if I will have enough time to do an RPG again. Possibly this one?

In the meantime I did write a few things. One was the Varin introduction I posted a while ago, I haven't had the time to take that any further yet but I did try my hand at another short story last week. I'll post it up on the forum if you're interested once I find the appropriate section for it (as it's non-Druchii).
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

I just noticed on my profile I made exactly 1000 posts in Group 22, perhaps it was always destined only to go so far! :twisted:

While I am considering writing up Group 22 into an adventure, I felt I should mention that I am going to have to change some things quite considerably, perhaps most importantly the way the characters meet. I think it will end up having to be a bit of a 'fellowship of the ring' type of thing, where Varin recruits all the group together, or nearly together, and they follow his orders sometimes as a group and sometimes off on their own or in smaller groups. I don't think it would work for a story by adding new 'main characters' in every now and then, without it essentially turning into the adventures of Vryala, Karonath and Fiat with friends along the way. If you are all happy with that, it is definitely something I will get started on at some point.

The main focus will no doubt be on a couple of characters anyway though, since splitting it across 8-9 would probably just be too much. It would also likely focus on one main adventure rather than many (Tvar of course, but I plan to go through the Azharakarius daemon scene within that) so characters that came later in the RPG, would have to come in near the start or not be included at all, and I'd prefer not to do the latter. It does mean a lot of 'artistic licence' on my part too, I'd essentially be using your characters and despite keeping to the way you made them, I'd be making them my own, something I never tried to do while running the RPG, but something that is probably essential in writing it up as a story. Let me know what you think, if you can...
Dauricha
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dauricha »

So Here we are (well some of us) in our gloriousness!!

Gods bones this took a long to time complete! Asked for it in my first year at uni, and here we are nearly 5 years later!!! Oh well it looks rather good.

Kin, feel free to adapt Phalx for your story, would love to see what you do with him.

To the rest of you, I hope this message finds you in good health.
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

Heh heh heh. Looks like a pretty shady bunch. :D

Kin, do as you please. V is just as much your baby as it is mine (derr) and I certainly have no use for her atm... :roll: :lol: