Group 42 OOC

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Group 42 OOC

Post by Thraundil »

Marchosias wrote:As you have probably noticed already I am making this kind of rules on the spot so it is a good thing you challenge them from time to time. :) My view is this:

- under a normal situation, each mage (or anything that is able to do some magic) is in connection to the respective wind of magic.
- this connection can be felt as it is some sort of disturbance in the winds.
- if you are not paying attention, you would only feel very strong mages that are really close. One part of the Enchanting Beauty Morathi is known for might be a result of her magic talent being felt even by mere non-wizards. :) (or maybe not, I really do not know)
- if you are paying attention, you can spot mages not further than 50-100 metres away.
- a good mage can conceal himself from all wizards but the ones that are stronger than he is
- hiding is a tiring process, draining both normal and magical energy

But if you would preffer it otherwise, we can talk about it. :)

I'd lie if I say "this is how I see it too". 'cos I didnt really think much about it until when I, thinking back on the previous events in the campaign, wrote my post. But, this is pretty much how I feel like magic works. Just because you're not currently casting, you are ready to, at a moments notice. Which means connection at all times. I'm down with those rules :)
Name: Ladry (female)
Class: Mage (Pyromancer)
Equipment: Staff, longsword, dagger, 20 gold, insignia ring.
Skills: Power of Aqshy (2), defensive figthing
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

OK, got it better. Fine with me, as it allows survival for outcast mages who may wish to concentrate on their concealment in dangerous places.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Thraundil »

I cant believe I didnt think of the damned gunpowder! I'm a bloody pyromancer, jeez. Theoretically - is it possible to slightly heat their powder horns from a distance? ;)
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

And this is why I hate mages. :D Yes, it is possible. It gets more difficult if your target is moving, as you have correctly guessed, and unsurrisingly, you have to know where the powder exactly is. If you try it with weapons in their hands or on their belts I think it would fall into the case of "difficult magic" the same as trying to burn them directly but I am not completely sure about this right now. I will try to decide this as soon as possible but I am quite busy this weak so be patient with me please. :)
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

Post by Searinox Nagharha »

Even if you could easily ignite the powder in a weapon, it would only make it fire prematurely. it wont blow up in their face
PLOG - The House of Corvus

Group 41- Name: Searinox Nagharha - Shade
WS:5 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Acrobatics, Basic Stealth
MangoPunch
Noble

Post by MangoPunch »

Hi all I've been travelling for work, but will get caught up on the storyline and post this weekend.

-JGB
-JGB

Group 42 - Harkyl Anroc - Shade
WS: 5 / S: 2 / T: 2 / D: 5 / I: 5
Equipment: Staff, Throwing Knives
Inventory: Mysterious Map
Skills: Awareness, Basic Stealth, Defensive Fighting
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Marchosias wrote:Amboadine has contacted me. His character is joining the group some time in the near future.
How near? :)
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Calisson wrote:
Marchosias wrote:Amboadine has contacted me. His character is joining the group some time in the near future.
How near? :)

Depends on how long it takes the story to evolve. There is a plan :)
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

Given our current pace I expect November 2015. :D You need to beat down the tax collector first.

I hope there will be a shorter mod post today. After the 26th, I will be away from computer for two weeks but if you give me something to work with I will try to write a longer post before this happens.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

OK, let's beat the gold, rape the horses, steal the women and go back to the ship on the warriors.
Err...
or reversely.

-=-=-

I'm presently on vacation for a week, with sporadic access to a cybercentre. It might show on my addiction to D.net...
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

so... go back to the ship, steal the women along the way, rape the horses on the ship (do we even have horses?) and then beat the gold? ;)

Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

I suggest: steal the horses, go back to the ship faster that way, let the crew rape them, reap gold for this, beat up the women as both of them are unbearable. :D

Small post up. I can't do much more until I know if you want to investigate in some other way.
Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Thraundil »

@Searinox post. Aren't we just the 5 of us? Surely we should gather the entire ships crew before we assault them =]

So it is indeed raining. That means I should probably create some steam.
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

Yes, you are currently scouting while another group is looking for a good spot for an ambush. But if you wish, we could fast forward a bit and decide that the best ambush place is right where you are standing and that the crew is gathered a few meters behind you. The assault would then be led by Galder as Kireth stays on the ship all the time and Incaneth is still weak from his injury.
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

Ow sorry, my bad :oops: I'll try to fix the post asap

Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

Mod post up!
This took longer than expected - I should probably get used to this. :D

If he agrees with what I have sent him, Amboadine could start to post, too. Interested in how he gets to you? ;)
Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Thraundil »

Amboadine is the cloaked guy! Calling it now.

Anyways great mod post as usual, also great storytelling of Paithans past. Is he dead from the war machine, you wrote it to suggest he might have covered the rest of us with his body?
Will post later today. I have a clever plan ;)
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

Yes, poor Paithan was hit by all the war machine shots. You cannot see his body due to the smoke but he would have been extremely lucky to survive this.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Calisson wrote:No longer playing:
- Paithan the dark Khainite with a black sense of humour (Khainite, by Paithan, last post Feb 02)
It looks like Analya is bound to join NPCs, and Dolan & Paithan should either be removed or become NPCs.
Paithan: Check.
What a glorious death! :D Epic and all. Great modpost.
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

Good to hear you like it. It is not a trivial task to kill characters in a way that does them justice.

I will be away till Tuesday so you have no need to hurry your posts. :)
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

Going down in a blaze of glory :D a nice way to go
I'll see what Sears gonna do next... Im feeling boistrous tho :mrgreen:

Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Will look to get my first post up tomorrow guys, I have been away for a few days, so have a fair bit of catching up to do first.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

MangoPunch, on Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:53 pm, wrote:Hi all I've been travelling for work, but will get caught up on the storyline and post this weekend.

-JGB
Mango posted the day after MH17 crashed in Ukraine so he was not in it.
Still, wondering? :?
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

I have already tried to mail him.
His last RP post is from the 29th of June so it is quite possible he is as burried in work now as he was in July. It is rarely easy to find time in summer due to all the holidays and such. I see no reason to worry too much.
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

Searinox, I will ask just to be sure: if the hatted man calls out a challenge, are you going to first reveal yourself and then exact the plan with the chain, or are you rather throwing a knife to his back? It should not affect your chances to disarm him.