Group 42 OOC

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Group 42 OOC

Post by Thraundil »

Aight post up. Sorry for the short post, been feeling abit uninspired lately. I'll pick up the slack soon, promise.
Name: Ladry (female)
Class: Mage (Pyromancer)
Equipment: Staff, longsword, dagger, 20 gold, insignia ring.
Skills: Power of Aqshy (2), defensive figthing
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

@ Searinox: Your post is very nice. What was it I wrote in the last mod post? "He is wounded, it should be easy to finish him off, do one last spectacular action?" You killing the duelist is what I should expect every time I say something like this - and, surprisingly, what I actually expected as well. :D
By the way, I like how you let the hat fall off the severed hat. It is a nice symbol that his demise is final and irreversible.

@ Thraundil: It is OK. After all, frying humans can only be fun for a limited time. :)
Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Thraundil »

Ah, frying humans is always fun! I just want to come up with spells that are not out of the lore of fire soon. The blast wave is my first take on it... Soon, she'll start to do breath weapon attacks. And when can I turn into a fire elemental, by the way? ;)
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

Post by Searinox Nagharha »

I think that would be Lv3 and Battle Magic xD
PLOG - The House of Corvus

Group 41- Name: Searinox Nagharha - Shade
WS:5 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Acrobatics, Basic Stealth
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

I just want to let you know I am still alive. The modpost is almost done but still needs a few touches, a description is missing here, a scene should be added there. I hope you will be able to read it tomorrow.
I should learn to write shorter posts...
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

I dont mind long modposts. alsong as we get good info out of it and its a nice read :D
which so far, they have been

Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

The reason long posts are bad is not that you poor folks have to read them. This is a form of torture you subjected yourself for willingly. :D The reason is that they take forever to write. Anyway, mod post up. :)

I am not completely sure there is much to do for you at this point but we will see. I have some input for Caraoc and Ladry prepared at least. :)

Thraundil wrote:when can I turn into a fire elemental, by the way? ;)

This is easy - when you are prepared to burn inside. ;)
Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Thraundil »

That shouldnt take so long, then. Or well. She may attempt to do it in the most dire of situations :p

Also ouch! Miscast xD compared to the very dire fates wizards suffer when they roll on the miscast table, this one is bearable. (Seriously - how do any wizard ever make it to their old ages, its beyond me :killed: )

Now - I see you write that I 'force the humans back'. There is then no further mention of them. I take this to mean they die, and for flavour of writing, I will take the liberty of then dying as a result of her spell. With how I play it out, theres a reasonable chance the other wizards present may notice something :p
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Caraoc's post written.
@ Marchosias: apreciate Khalek's sense of humour. :lol:
@ Amboadine: offering a chance to meet.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Calisson wrote:Caraoc's post written.
@ Marchosias: apreciate Khalek's sense of humour. :lol:
@ Amboadine: offering a chance to meet.

Thank you Calisson, gives me a nice way in.
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

@ Thraundil: Well, compared to the rulebook, Ladry is a baby sorceress casting baby spells so she suffers baby miscasts as well. :D But of course, a trip into the warp could make an interesting story... Would be quite fitting for the story arc before Caraoc dethrones Malekith, I think. :D

@ Calisson: Good job with Gilvaad, thanks! :)

I was under the impression the story was happening somewhere in Nordland but I do not know if anything about this got actually mentioned - does anyone remember? Not that it would matter much.
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

none got mention from what i remember. all we knew was there was a town we where going after which held something valuable

Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Marchosias wrote:I was under the impression the story was happening somewhere in Nordland but I do not know if anything about this got actually mentioned - does anyone remember? Not that it would matter much.
:oops: All Humans look so similar...

Er, hm, well, <slapping own face for poor performance as a pilot>
actually, there was a reference in Gr41 first post:
Cananatra wrote: “We'll be hitting the squalid little turd they call the empire for slaves and booty.”
So Empire indeed.
Edited my post to better reflect that. :P

-=-=-

By the way, Cananatra, the late Gr41's mod, has come back from oblivion :shock: and resumed chatting in Gr28 OOC thread.
9 months away, we were right to start Gr42 instead of just waiting.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

Empire is clear, I was always using its details - musketeers, hellblaster, bald knights, introducing a margrave (which is a title from historical Germany, not Arturian France) and probably many others. I am not sure, though, if I have mentioned the province. Anyway, thanks for the edit. :)

-=-=-

I have noticed. It still feels weird. I am pretty sure my version of Incaneth is quite different from his. Same for the two mercenaries. Only the captain is probably more or less similar and even that probably just in the most obvious characteristics.
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Interesting curveball, thanks Marchosias.

I of course blame it on trying to work in Calisson's posts to my intro, rather than misreading earlier posts ;)
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

:oops:

[RL/on]
One week journey to Africa.
Internet link most likely not as good as at home.
[RL/off]
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Calisson wrote::oops:

[RL/on]
One week journey to Africa.
Internet link most likely not as good as at home.
[RL/off]

Have a good trip.

And well if I am going to join a new group, I might as well make an impression :)
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

Mmh.... i seems to have estimated the layout wrongly xD thought Searinox would have been closer to Ladry :P
also after a display of dueling prowess like that I doubted most would the guts to Loot his kill :P

Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

Caraoc wrote:He asked in his mind to the book: "What was your relation with your previous owner?"

What exactly does this mean? Is Caraoc using magic to hopefully get a vision? Is he opening his mind to the book to make answering easier, risking that it might influence him in some unwanted way? Or just wondering without doing anything unusual?
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Opening mind only.
Caraoc would not cast any spell in vicinity of a high sorceress which he does not know,
in fear that his tapping from the winds of magic would become apparent, betraying him as a magic user.
However, if it is the book itself that taps from magic winds, that's fine.
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

my apoligies for the late and small post. I'm having a small writing block :P

Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

I should throw in something that would inspire you, then. What yould be the best way? An unexpected charge of ambushing beastmen? An old acquitance? Romantic dinner with Analya or Shyamal? Nagash coming in and turning you into undead? Finding of Malekith's secret journal from when he was a teen? :D

This is exactly the time you are allowed to be lazy and rest because there is not that much for you to do. I hope this will change soon. :)
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Marchosias wrote:I should throw in something that would inspire you, then.
Indeed, there should not be a story for only one character.
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

Romantic dinner with Analya would be interresanting ;) tho most likely it would end with the two of them crossing blades again xD

Tho your the dungeon master ;) so its all up to you to see what happens next.

Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

@ Calisson: I am aware there is not much to do for the others and I am not happy about this. However, I feel that any solution that I could try at this point would seem forced. It is just a small dialogue that makes the story far more believable, I think it is better to endure it than to throw in more strange coincidences or introduce personal quests for everyone that would slow the thing down even further.

In any case, I can see myself that I am not leading the group well right now and I am really sorry about that.

@ Searinox: Well, you can still place orders or just attempt something. Your actions can have a great influence on the genre of the dinner - it can easily be a teen comedy, horror, action adventure or sweet romance at least. :) Why do you think you character looted the jewel? :)