Re: End Times: Khaine

Post by Jolemai »

!eek! at those spoilers!
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

Crikey - wonder what will happen in 9th - looks like we will be looking at just elves as the army list no Dark, High, Wood just elves - who owns elves.net :P
Dark reaper
Highborn

Post by Dark reaper »

Amboadine wrote:
Dark reaper wrote:I have the book now and am really looking forward to reading it. Malekith is insane! He will on average kill Karl Franz in one round of combat!

Excellent, hope mine arrives soon then :)

Are you able to give clarity on the new magic changes?

Your spoilers are correct as far as i can see.

Magic of the end times is only used in certain scenarios.
Level 3 or higher wizards have access to end times spells, one per lore. They cannot be dispelled. Some of them are like fulcrum spells in SoM.
All models are loremasters. Models that are already loremasters can re-roll casting rolls.
4d6 power dice, no 12 PD limit. Two highest are DD.
Each time you cast a spell, you must roll a d6. This is how many dice you are allowed to use to cast. Same for dispel.
Spells can be cast again if they were cast successfully. Does not work for end times spells.
Wizards never break concentration, but still fails to cast spells.
Jolemai
Executioner

Post by Jolemai »

If that's the case, I feel a bit sorry for the Wood Elf players as they only had a new army book five minutes ago.
Melle
Executioner

Post by Melle »

Wow...nice spoilers!

Wonder if the survivors get new models? xD
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain."

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Dark reaper
Highborn

Post by Dark reaper »

He is pretty much posting me and another friend's pictures. :-P I was unsure about the rules for posting photos here, so I didn't post any. Just ask if you have any more questions.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Well, we don't want to post directly copyrighted material in our website.
But links themselves are not copyrighted... :roll:
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Dark reaper
Highborn

Post by Dark reaper »

Yeah, that is what I thought. :)
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Poor Lokhir picking the wrong side :)
Clockwork
Highborn

Post by Clockwork »

Key wording:

In a game set during the End Times, Wizards of level 3 or higher know End times spells...

My bold. Not all games are End Times unless you choose them to be, so all these rules are optional unless BRB errata.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Looking at spoiling links, it seems that most of DE AB goes with the Aestyrion.
Unspoil: select whole text.
The only missing are those who are not allowed at all: Hellebron (neutral), Malus Darkblade (dead?), Kouran (dead?), Shadowblade (neutral), Tullaris (dead?)
and a few who follow exclusively Malekith: Malekith (duh!), and BG.
Those who are present in both armies are few: Dreadlord, Fleetmaster, Master, Assassin, Dreadsperars, Bleakswords, Darkshards, Corsairs, COK, COC, RBT
Therefore, in addition to Khainites, Malekith misses: all DE sorc, warlocks, DR, shades, hydra and all rares

However, Malekith is followed by: most HE, and nearly all WE
while Tyrion gets: most DE, most HE but no WE at all.

Good luck to make an army with that, using only DE models!
After the final battle, the only ones which will not be usable anymore will be: Morathi, Malus Darkblade, Lokhir, Kouran and Tullaris. All others entries can be used.
Melle
Executioner

Post by Melle »

Hmmm...i dont see malus in the lists?
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain."

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
dms505
Shade

Post by dms505 »

Noticed some glaring problems . .(to me anyway)

Malekith has no armor save vs magical attacks. There is a lack of scaly skin save or any armor save for the model for that matter other than the 2+ vs non magical. He lost his MR and his ability to destroy magic items for a poop d3+1 wound weapon. So in otherwords if he gets hit by a freakin S6 magic missle he has no armor save.
Diobarach
Black Guard

Post by Diobarach »

I love Tyrion getting a random summon undead ability. GW must really want you to buy skeleton warriors.

EDIT: Weird that you can't choose Hellebron in the host of Aestyrion, what a part-timer.
dms505
Shade

Post by dms505 »

Which is hilarious because skeletons are one of the easiest to find out there on the interweb for next to nothing as long as you don't care if they're GW brand.
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

Spoilers =

OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

BTW following the ulthuan forum is really interesting. As you can imagine those high elves are getting crazy after Malekith becoming the king. Besides that, 250 users online, wow !
swordofglass
Slave on the Altar

Post by swordofglass »

dms505 wrote:Noticed some glaring problems . .(to me anyway)

Malekith has no armor save vs magical attacks. There is a lack of scaly skin save or any armor save for the model for that matter other than the 2+ vs non magical. He lost his MR and his ability to destroy magic items for a poop d3+1 wound weapon. So in otherwords if he gets hit by ajust eakin S6 magic missle he has no armor save.

Don't worry, he has a 3+ armour save and MR(2). He has 10 wounds and is immune to multiple wounds. Each turn he can cast a 15+ spell, which can't be dispelled by any means, which allows him to be removed from combat and placed anywhere he can see. So if he does somehow, on his flying mount which can turn ethereal at-will, get into trouble, he can just teleport away.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Lord Drakon wrote:BTW following the ulthuan forum is really interesting. As you can imagine those high elves are getting crazy after Malekith becoming the king.
That's a drama for many HE players, deeply in the fluff of resistance against Malekith perceived like an Elven Hitler.
But we will have a similar drama out here in D.net, when all the loyalists to Malekith will realize that the Phoenix Ost only accepts a small part of their faourite DE units, and they must hire HE and WE units.
swordofglass
Slave on the Altar

Post by swordofglass »

Calisson wrote:
Lord Drakon wrote:BTW following the ulthuan forum is really interesting. As you can imagine those high elves are getting crazy after Malekith becoming the king.
That's a drama for many HE players, deeply in the fluff of resistance against Malekith perceived like an Elven Hitler.
But we will have a similar drama out here in D.net, when all the loyalists to Malekith will realize that the Phoenix Ost only accepts a small part of their faourite DE units, and they must hire HE and WE units.

Well yes, if you use Malekith in his weaket Phoenix King form you are limited in unit choices. However in Eternity King form he is not only significantly more powerful but you can also use any unit from HE, DE, and WE.
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Looking forward to putting a list together from all three books. Going to have to decide a theme or else it is going to get decidedly broken very quickly.

Good luck comp'ing :)
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Sad malekith is still as weak to a magic missile than he always was. At least his T now means he can take majority of them, the steed of shadows himself across the board and walk between the worlds where he pleases while taking an entire unit with him behind enemy lines.

Oh and 8 repeaters in a single list.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

Post by Searinox Nagharha »

cant wait to see the first batrep that fields 8 of them... backed up with WE shooting you have a full fledged Bow-Line going :P
PLOG - The House of Corvus

Group 41- Name: Searinox Nagharha - Shade
WS:5 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Acrobatics, Basic Stealth
marcopollo
Assassin

Post by marcopollo »

In all the years of playing fantasy, I've come to know one thing. What's old is new again.

I remember going from 5th ed to 6th ed and they put all of chaos together after the "Ravening hordes" lists. And some units were buffed and others nerfed. Then 7th came around and we had a re-balancing, and then another with 8th ed. At each "re-balancing" some older stuff becomes useful again.

Remember how bad RBT's were before our new book. Now they rock and it is hard to find them in the market. But spearmen are now very cheap.

This will happen again and again and again. It pisses me off after investing all the cash and time to put together a full tourney army. But, if I am going to enjoy the game, then I have to be able to adapt. Doesn't stop me from being pissed off though.