Dark Elf Invasion - Registration LOCKED

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Dark Elf Invasion - Registration LOCKED

Post by Lord Drakon »

Through this page you can register your 2400 themed army for the Dark Elf Invasion 2015

Dark Elf Invasion is an Druchii.net initiative to collectively draft, build, paint and field an themed army like the White Dwarf did with its Tale of Four Gamers. Possibility is to even organize an Druchii.net tournament (or several based on locations all over the world) to field our armies against each other.

Lists are based on Warhammer: Khaine armies, with all including rules like 50% lords/heroes included. List of Eternity King gives us all Elven units options. Therefore an theme is necessary for registration.

Registration ends 31 december !
NOTE: after registration you are only allowed to change 750 points. So think hard about your list and theme before sending it in.

Registration is done in the following:

- Name
- Theme
- Army List

DEI Tales 2015

- Lord Drakon
- Host of Har Ganeth
- http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=76180

- Lord Vain
- Expeditionary Strike Force of Har Kaldra
- http://druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=75355&p=906444#p906444

- Daeron Syriath
- Temple of Khaine
- http://druchii.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=74394

- Amboadine
- Cult of Slaanesh
- ?

- flatworldsedge
- Veysha's Shades Resistance
- ?
Last edited by Lord Drakon on Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Diobarach
Black Guard

Re: Dark Elf Invasion - Registration

Post by Diobarach »

I figured I'd throw my army in here:

- Lord Vain
- Expeditionary Strike Force of Har Kaldra (lost colony)
- Army
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

I tend to be a disaster in year long commitments.... But as I plan to do more painting, I'm giving this another shot!

- Daeron Syriath
- Temple of Khaine
- Army: two towers list - http://druchii.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=74394
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Well I am determined to start and complete my next project in this coming year.

It will be a Slaaneshi cult army. I am expecting much NSFW action to follow.

http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=76230
flatworldsedge
Chosen of Khaine

Post by flatworldsedge »

Well, my project is moving very slowly and I'd love to be part of the project.

PLOG so far linked in my signature, army list to follow.

It'll be a Druchii core with some Wood Elf additions to form Veysha's Autarii/Shade force in abandoned Naggaroth. They will be a "resistance" theme to it - determined not to sacrifice our land to Chaos - and a demon/treasure hunter angle too.

Amboadine wrote:I am expecting much NSFW action to follow.

Likewise! At least you'll have the excuse of the Slaanesh angle.
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

hmm - @ Lord Drakon the other mods and I were hoping to launch something like this in the new year for P&M, you have jumped the gun on us and launched something early.

This seems a bit to restrictive in my opinion, I would like to see more options for different armies/army lists and not such a large commitment. Also rewards each month for the best effort.

I have mentioned also in another thread that it would be better to start this in the new year / many are away on holidays and might miss out on the 31 Dec entry deadline. It would be good to get as many people participating as possible.

Might I suggest we postpone the start to further into Jan so we can more clearly define the requirements for the event and get more participants.

If you want to make a start early I don't see a problem with that - post the progress on your PLOG
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

This looks promising, all different themes so far!

CultofKhaine I wasn't aware of Druchii.net plans, so ofcourse the mods can take over with the planned project.

As long it is based on a theme (and list) and motivates all participants with painting, modelling and gaming of that list while given rewards by the mods for things like conversion, painting job, output etc. I'm fine.

So in the meanwhile the interested can still join, there will be no deadline yet, and as soon as the mods are ready take over into your planned project you take over.

I would also really like to organize an druchii.net / invasion tournament in USA, Europe, Australia etc. to field our lists against each other after we finished building and playtesting it.
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

Post by Searinox Nagharha »

I'd like to join in aswell ;) I still meed to fill in enough to reach 2.4k and if Elf Legions remain a thing even more :P

- Searinox Nagharha
- House of Corvus Covert Ops
- comming up
PLOG - The House of Corvus

Group 41- Name: Searinox Nagharha - Shade
WS:5 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Acrobatics, Basic Stealth
Rownage
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Rownage »

I'd like to join... if allowed, for my entry will be a bit different.
As not all of us shiz gold like Tywin does, I have had to choose between starting a Bretonnia army or a Dark Elf army. I went for the Bretonnian army so as to give me some more variation and a new gaming experience.
Now, the interesting part is that, while Bretonnian by rules, my army will consist of half elves, men who claim to have elven ancestors. The army will have a very dark look, using the Targaryen color scheme of dark red, black and dark metal.
Even though the army officially isn't Dark Elf, I still think that, in an event which encourages fluff, my army would have enough in common with Dark Elves to enter.

Please tell me what you guys think
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

This thread has been locked.

Please see the official D.Net Invasion thread here http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=76269&p=917502#p917502

A big thank you to Lord Drakon, in true Dark Elf fashion for beating the mods to this initiative. :D