DRUCHII.NET SECRET SANTA

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Rowena
Highborn

Re: DRUCHII.NET SECRET SANTA

Post by Rowena »

Congratulations to both of you, the BSB and the manticore are both awesome! :)

It seems my turncounter still has not been delivered, I'm starting to get nervous.
My painting blog

Even without Games Workshop, we will endure. Armies of the Unsupported Age, the models are out there.
Payce
Executioner

Post by Payce »

CitizenKhaine wrote:Yes I think name your SS they did a great job on the BSB!
Once you have your model it is good to acknowledge it and the creator.

Allright then! :D

Payce wrote:I got my model in the mail today, it was absolutely amazingly fantabulous. I love it to bits.

Pics will come once I get a new USB-cable for my camera...

You know who you are. A-W-E-S-O-M-E.

I got a really awesome Khainite Assassin from Heartsbane, complete with a little lore snippet of how he came to be in my service and everything. It's brilliant and fits into my collection perfectly.
Heartsbane
Executioner

Post by Heartsbane »

Payce, glad he fits in well! He was lots of fun to paint too. :)

And Rowena, the Manticore looks even better painted! I'll try and get some photos up before Xmas.
CitizenKhaine
Beastmaster

Post by CitizenKhaine »

With all these great models coming in I can't wait to go home! Currently on holiday and not getting there until Xmas eve, but it does build the excitement :lol:
You're one microscopic cog in his catastrophic plan - Designed and directed by his red right hand - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds (channeling Khaine)

Visit the Citizens of Khaine http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75270
Rowena
Highborn

Post by Rowena »

Heartsbane wrote:Payce, glad he fits in well! He was lots of fun to paint too. :)

And Rowena, the Manticore looks even better painted! I'll try and get some photos up before Xmas.

I know, I have checked the painted photos on his account. :)
My painting blog

Even without Games Workshop, we will endure. Armies of the Unsupported Age, the models are out there.
direweasel
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by direweasel »

Heartsbane wrote:Payce, glad he fits in well! He was lots of fun to paint too. :)

Wow thanks! That really means a lot coming from the guy who has the single coolest unit filler I've ever seen. I love that corsair landing boat debarking block. Really great stuff.

The rest of your army is equally inspired, that harpy unit is ridiculously cool. :)
Chinese Relativity Axiom: No matter how glorious your triumphs, nor how miserable your failures, there will always be at least one billion people in China who don't give a damn.

Apocalypse Drow! Plog: http://druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75360
CitizenKhaine
Beastmaster

Post by CitizenKhaine »

Woohoo! My Secret Santa gift was waiting for me when I got home just now, a great Xmas Eve surprise!
And what a model! It is fantastic :) Lion of Flanders has done an amazing job and given me a Lord to lead my army into battle in 2015. I love her!
Once I finish unpacking I will go and take a photo to show she has arrived safely :D
Thanks too for the unique chocolates, I wish I had thought include some when I sent my model off, oh well there is always next year.
Many years ago I visited Eugene, so cool to get chocolates from there :D
Thanks again, photo to follow...
You're one microscopic cog in his catastrophic plan - Designed and directed by his red right hand - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds (channeling Khaine)

CitizenKhaine
Beastmaster

Post by CitizenKhaine »

And here is Zorah in her finished splendor! She looks even better than her photo shows :shock: How you get the skin tones and patterning, and well everything looking that good is beyond me.
Thanks again Lion, she is stunning.

Diobarach
Black Guard

Post by Diobarach »

^ :shock: JHC, that's amazing. Lucky git !lol!
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Very nice. You were obviously very well behaved for Santa this year.
Lion of flanders
Brush Master

Post by Lion of flanders »

Mr Khaine:

Zorah was fun to make and I'm glad that you like how she turned out. I tried to fake you out a little bit by using the same box that your countryman (the artist formerly known as Devils Reject, I believe) used to send my figure to me. It was a semi officlal New Zealand mailer box. It was Holtkmoq that provided the regional chocolate idea (some very inventive candy y'all Kiwis make over there), so I paid it forward. Funny that my figure coming to me and yours to you each traveled about as far as one could travel and remain on the planet.

So...a big thanks to my SS Holtkmoq and to CultofKhaine for organizing this fun event. Looks like people are getting a bunch of fun new figures and had a chance to do something a bit different artistically at the same time. Hopefully everyone had as much fun with this as I did.

...until the next one!.....
That's silly! Playin with little statues, pretendin' they're fightin'! Why not just round up a bunch of real goblins and lettem' whack it out?
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

Fantastic job Lion! very jealous of your SS CitizenKhaine :D

Is there anyone still waiting for their SS to be delivered? please let me know, just wondering if they have all arrived yet.

This has been great fun and definitely something to put on the to do list for next year - a big thank you to all those who entered.
Holt
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Holt »

I tried to fake you out a little bit by using the same box that your countryman (the artist formerly known as Devils Reject, I believe) used to send my figure to me. It was a semi officlal New Zealand mailer box. It was Holtkmoq that provided the regional chocolate idea (some very inventive candy y'all Kiwis make over there), so I paid it forward. Funny that my figure coming to me and yours to you each traveled about as far as one could travel and remain on the planet.

It's a small world huh, that box travelled all the way around the world just to finish within an hours drive of where it started out. That L&P chocolate was quite a hit over here when it came out, hopefully it is liked over your side of the world too.
Want some tips on controlling those frenzied units? http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=71791&highlight=
Rowena
Highborn

Post by Rowena »

Wow, what a gift! I think we all have reason to be jealous, Lion is an outstanding painter. And with chocolates too! :) (now I really wish I had included some as well)

I still haven't received anything, but what's bothering me more is that I haven't heard from my giftee anything about my gift either, I really hope it arrives safely. I would hate for someone as great as [censored] to be left giftless.

Anyway, let's do it again next yer, please. I really loved it. :)
My painting blog

flatworldsedge
Chosen of Khaine

Post by flatworldsedge »

Such an awesome thread - would love it to happen again next year, so as to take apart. Congratulations to all involved on an amazing initiative brought to life with such energy! Kudos!
Helle
Executioner

Post by Helle »

The paket from my SS arrived about 1-2 weeks ago, but my wife kept it secret and handed it to me this morning. She thought it should be a Christmas present and I shouldn't open it before. I guess she must be a treacherous Highelf..

I recieved a new sorceress for my army and Kreol did really an amazing job painting her! I won't be able to post any pictures before Christmas though, but guys you will be jealous! :-) I will promise to get those pictures up right after the holidays.
CitizenKhaine
Beastmaster

Post by CitizenKhaine »

Holtkmoq wrote:It's a small world huh, that box travelled all the way around the world just to finish within an hours drive of where it started out. That L&P chocolate was quite a hit over here when it came out, hopefully it is liked over your side of the world too.

That is pretty cool, a very well travelled box :D
And yes, L&P chocolate is delicious, great idea to share it with the rest of the world!

Rowena
Highborn

Post by Rowena »

Has anyone else received their models? I'm starting to get very nervous about my poor turncounter... :(
My painting blog

direweasel

Post by direweasel »

Rowena wrote:Has anyone else received their models? I'm starting to get very nervous about my poor turncounter... :(

...and I want to see more pics posted! :)
Chinese Relativity Axiom: No matter how glorious your triumphs, nor how miserable your failures, there will always be at least one billion people in China who don't give a damn.

Helle
Executioner

Post by Helle »

Without many words my new sorceress:

It is stunning! I really love it! Especially the snake on her back.

Thank you very much Kreol, you did an amazing job and made me very happy with this!

Unfurtunatelly it does not fit my army, as it is the only pro painted miniature among many noobish ones :mrgreen:
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Beautiful work on the Sorceress, lucky you :)
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

Fantastic!
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
CitizenKhaine
Beastmaster

Post by CitizenKhaine »

Beautiful work from Kreol again, she will certainly stand out in your army :)

Rowena
Highborn

Post by Rowena »

Wow, she is amazing! Especially the snake, yes, but really all of her! Congratulations on having such an awesome Secret Santa.
My painting blog

direweasel

Post by direweasel »

Yep, not surprising given the source, but outstanding nonetheless. Well done!