Final List 2400

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Final List 2400

Post by Lord Drakon »

This is going to be my Har Ganeth list for Dark Elf Invasion 2015 contest

Characters 585 (24%)

Lords 235

Supreme Sorceress (general) 210
- Level 3
- Heavens
- Dispell Scroll

Heroes 350

Master 173
- Dark Steed
- BSB
- Heavy Armour
- Shield
- Sea Dragon Cloak
- Lance
- Cloak of Twilight

Assassin 160
- Dark Venom
- Other Trickster Shard
- Enchanted Shield
- Sword of Anti-Heroes

Core 600 (25%)

10 Darkshards, musician 130
10 Darkshards, musician 130
10 Darkshards, shields, champion 140
5 Dark riders, shields, repeater crossbows 100

Special 740 (30%)

5 Shades 80
10 Executioners 120
5 Cold One Knights 150
1 War Hydra, fiery breath 180
3 Reaper Bolt Throwers 210

Rare 505 (21%)

1 Kharibdyss 160
10 Sister of Slaughter, champion, musician 170
1 Bloodwrack Shrine 175

Total: 2400
Last edited by Lord Drakon on Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Dark Elf Invasion 2400

Post by Lord Drakon »

So after a lot of list drafting, this is really going to be my list. Now I have to learn how to use and combine them. I hope all the expertise and tactical druchii geniuses can help me to learn understanding the strength and weaknesses of this list. Magic is ofcourse still the most important factor that can neutralize weaknesses.

I am more the player who does not think so much on cost effective units on their own, but as their cost effectiveness with the other units in the army. I believe synergy is what Dark Elf armies make so strong, interesting and fun to play. So first, this is an MSU army. It has multiple shooting and combat threats, most of the combat units are different than the other though. It has three large targets, the monsters and the shrine. Of those large targets, the Kharibdyss is the most fragile.

It has three shooting units of 10 darkshards, while two units of redirecting and warmachine hunting dark riders. Shooting is backed up by three RBT. Shades are usable in all games, sometimes warmachine hunting, objectives or anti-scout unit. BSB Master on dark steed with cloak of twilight can be wherever I need him, able to take out single units like chariots, chaff, archers, warmachines and even enemy characters who can be killed on the charge.

Combination between sisters of slaughter and bloodwrack shrine, the shrine of slaughter is my anvil. Against shooty avoidance armies I can run the shrine with dark riders or on its own as shooting chariot. This shrine of slaughter is really the unit I want to see a lot of combat every battle. As they lack high strength the cold one knights, executioners and kharibdyss are the flanking hammers.

The only unit which is really on its own is the hydra, but this is my tank unit against enemy low strength hordes. This is also my most resilient unit against enemy shooting, so the hydra will try to eat all that shooting and will be deployed and placed accordingly. Combo charges with the executioners and cold one knights can work well. Combo charges with the kharibdyss can even work better because of the combindation of terror and abyssus howl.

The assassin is build to kill enemy characters. Every game it is going to be a choice or gamble to place him with the sorceress or sisters of slaughter. In some cases both options are not viable, when he can be in the executioners, shades (in own zone) or two other crossbowmen units. The fact that he is there, hidden, can really prevent enemies charges.

The sorceress, only level 3 can work well with low casting lores of magic. In the repeater crossbowmen unit with champion she is able to boost shooting, lower enemy LD and chances to hit, both shooting and combat. Nice extra is the additional hits against enemy flying characters (peg masters) or units who come to close. Comet can work really well against enemy battlelines, artillery and armies like dwarfs. I especially like the ruby ring with her to delete enemy scouting units like waywatchers as she lacks cheap magic missels with heavens. She lacks any protection apart from her unit, so I am not sure about that.

I think this lists works best when reapers and crossbowmen are placed together. Also the kharibdyss and sisters of slaughter (and thus bloodwrack shrine) needs also to hide for the first turns to see combat effectively. But this leaves me with only two units of dark riders, cold one knights and hydra (4 drops) to effect enemy deployment.

I think this list can really work well against enemy armies with low leadership, low shooting and low movement. It will have no problems against high tougness or monster units. Also enemy hordes and infantry anvils can be dealt with succesfully. It has two anvils (shrine of slaughter and hydra) and three hammers (cold one knights, executioners and kharibdyss). Magic resilience is low, but also a lot of target saturation so big spells won't hurt so much. Fire, heavens and dark will hurt most I think, and fire not being that popular.

Overall I think I have to play defensive, centralizing my shooting with some good combat potential.

What do you guys think ?
Diobarach
Black Guard

Re: Final List 2400

Post by Diobarach »

I like your list you have a lot of variety in units, that's always cool. The only thing I might suggest is dropping the 10 executioners, and using that to buy musicians for your darkshards and sisters, fiery breath for the hydra and a couple more sisters of slaughter?
akorndr2
Slave on the Altar

Post by akorndr2 »

curious as to why you dont have doomfire warlocks? also you miss calculated on the assassin does it have a repeater handbow? because your over costed by 5 pts
Ajattaro
Executioner

Post by Ajattaro »

I like your assassin! Dark venom really makes nasty combination with TOTS and SoAH :P ... That guy is really dangerous when facing lots of characters... But no use of buying ahw for him, since he can't use it with magic weapon. I also though about manbane option... It would make assassin better against single high T/AS characters. I don't know if this kind of MSU can take on units with multiple characters, since assassin can deal with one at the time.. Of course you got Cloakmaster too, but since he has to charge it is unlikely that you can combine the character killing potential. It happens with combo/counter charges. I can't say how have you planned it, but surelly this needs some play testing.

Personally, I would combine two small units of DS to form one unit that capable of taking a charge. That wouls open more tactical possibilities, and you would still have multiple places to hide your SS . I gotta say I like this list too since it has lots of cheap effective options. I would still like to see a flame banner and more sisters in the list:) . Maybe thise execs could be kicked and points used to make something else better. They need musician at least to have fluid movement
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

I dropped the ruby ring for fiery breath, but still like to include it with the supreme sorceress for defense against enemy scouts.

Also changed the three darkshard standard bearers to equip both dark rider units with repeater crossbows. I will keep two units instead of two as their main function is redirecting and dubble flee moves. Besides that they are now affordable to sacrifice and small unit of 5 can handle most warmachines.

Dropping the executioners for musicians, ruby ring and improve cold one and shade unit sounds good, but it is an Har Ganeth host. Executioner models will be converted into cold one knights, both monsters and bloodwrack shrine, but still what is an Har Ganeth host without any executioners. I will give them a try and when structurally ineffective change them for suggested needs.

I only have 10 sisters models, so not possible to add some. When effective I might convert more to provide extra bodies.

Warlocks are not possible in a 2400 list combined with the other rare choices. All included it costs 610, so no place.
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

The bunker darkshards remained with the shields, but swapped shields from other more flexible darkshard units for musicians. Also swapped the sisters of slaughter standard bearer for musician.

The logica of the assassin is as following, the OTS with Killing Blow is dangerous for every character out there, but it is always a chance, so I need more attacks to increase that chance. Sword of Anti-Heroes always provide + 1 attack and even better + 1 strength the Killing Blow doesn't work. The +4 armour save of enchanted shield and light armour give some save against normal troops. The biggest protection is going to be iceshard blizzard -1 to hit every turn.

In my army blog I will write much more tactica about the different units, their synergies and army tactics with this list
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

Characters 653 (25%)

Lords 295

Supreme Sorceress (general) 295
- Level 4
- Dark Magic
- Tome of Furion
- Talisman of Preservation
- Ironcurse Icon

Heroes 333

Master 173
- Dark Steed
- BSB
- Heavy Armour
- Shield
- Sea Dragon Cloak
- Brace of Repeater Handbows
- Lance
- Cloak of Twilight

Assassin 160
- Dark Venom
- Other Trickster Shard
- Enchanted Shield
- Sword of Anti-Heroes

Core 620 (25%)

10 Darkshards, shields, musician 140

Special 620 (25%)

5 Shades 80
5 Cold One Knights 150
1 War Hydra, fiery breath 180
3 Reaper Bolt Throwers 210

Rare 520 (21%)

1 Kharibdyss 160
10 Sister of Slaughter, champion, standard Bearer, lichebone pennant 185
1 Bloodwrack Shrine 175

Total: 2398

I adjusted the list for when I don't take heavens but dark magic. Supreme is placed in Shrine of Slaughter. Power of Darkness benefits Sisters, Bloodwrack Shrine and Assassin. Shroud of Despair makes this list a true leadership bomb.

I have to say I like the Dark version already more than the Heavens one. What do you guys think ?
marcopollo
Assassin

Post by marcopollo »

Tome of Furion is not needed on a level 4. You have a really good chance of getting the spell you want anyway, and this is statistical overkill. Take a dispel scroll instead. Not too keen on the repeater handbows on the master.
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

OK, I have a problem, the expected Kharibdyss for christmas was not there, so no access to the Kharibdyss. This is the replacement. Master becomes Dreadlord + 1 reaper

Dreadlord 288
- Dark Steed
- Cloak of Twilight
- Dawnstone
- Glittering Scales
- Lance
- Sea Dragon Cloak
- Shield
- Brace of Repeater Handbows

+ 45

- 2 musician (20)
- Ironcurse Icon (5)