End Times - 2500 Khaine Army - Eternity King List.

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

DracoSteward
Slave on the Altar

End Times - 2500 Khaine Army - Eternity King List.

Post by DracoSteward »

Trying to make a hit them hard fighting army around the cauldron of blood and executioners and witch elves. The ideal behind it is that I keep one caster back using lore of life keeping my three blocks at toughness 7 as I march quickly across the table. Cauldron of blood in the middle to keep the ward saves up as much as possible. The Shadow will use the end times spell when possible and applicable to bring enemy units out of position to be chewed up or placed horribly out of position and out of the fight, or even moving hydras and other units in key spots.

LORDS - 1075

Supreme Sorceress - 185 - 245 - Life
Lvl 4 - 35
Dispel Scroll -25

Supreme Sorceress - 185 —— 330 - Shadow
Lvl 4 - 35
Cloak of Twilight - 50

Hellebron - 500
Cauldron of Blood

CORE - 675

30 Black Ark Corsairs w/ Additional Hand Weapons - 360
… Full Command

20 Witch Elves - 300
… Full Command (Ranger’s Standard 50pts - Strider Rule (Difficult Terrain-walk))

SPECIAL - 765

30 Executioners - 405
… Full Command (Lichebone Pennant 15pts - Magic Resistance (1))

War Hydra - 180
War Hydra - 180

Any input will be greatly appreciated. This isn't meant for horrible competitive tournaments, but would want to be viable and competitive against random GW armies.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: End Times - 2500 Khaine Army - Eternity King List.

Post by Calisson »

Welcome DracoSteward to D.net!

You mention an Eternity list but you're taking only DE. Strange.
I understand that you wish to take advantage of the advanced special rules.
Be aware that the availability to DE specific items is not granted, as it is no longer a DE list but an eternity list, so the cloak might be illegal.
If your only concern is to take advantage of the magic rules, then it is legal with DE army.

The greatest concern is that you're totally lacking the agile elements which are the trademark of a good DE army list.
See the army list section of this forum for inspiration.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
DracoSteward
Slave on the Altar

Post by DracoSteward »

Yeah, at the moment I'm only invested in dark elves. I have a pretty typical army list full of dark shards and repeater bolt throwers and dark riders. I just wanted to expand into a cauldron of blood and use the models in a new way that I expect players not to expect. Though mostly just trying to take the most advantage of the cauldron. The reason why I choose the eternity list is because I want to take advantage of martial prowes and attack in the extra rank. I wasn't aware that I would not be able to use specific dark elf items, so I'll have to look into some other talismans. Though I would vastly appreciate any input on how to make my army more agile that would fit into the general idea of things.

Thanks for the welcome and prompt response!
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

I'd suggest the reading of so-called "two towers" lists in the Army List forum.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}