The Thundering Warhost of... Athel Loren?

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Wrathbaby
Dark Rider

The Thundering Warhost of... Athel Loren?

Post by Wrathbaby »

As some of you may remember, over the last few months I've posted a few times about a chariot list I have been planning (which, for those of you who were interested, is currently underway, three of my chariots are here and I'm thinking about ordering the other two sometime soon). However I've just spent the night reading about the end times rules. So now I have access to 3 more types of chariot than I did before. Tiranocs, skycutters, lion chariots, cold ones, and scourgerunners... (and bloodwracks too I suppose). Anyone considered running something like this? If nothing else it would definitely be the coolest looking army on the field.
"When it comes to besting the enemy, there's no such thing as 'overkill.'" - Good ol' Master Bronk

Also here's a PLOG: http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=76272
marcopollo
Assassin

Re: The Thundering Warhost of... Athel Loren?

Post by marcopollo »

Throw in some good doses of RBT's and you can field an elven version of a tank amry with artillery support. Schourgerunners and skycutters can both fire bolt throwers and with the option of having up to 8 RBT's, you've got a very nasty shooting core that can be suppelmented with waywatchers, shades, elven core fast cav etc. You'll have to be careful about cnnons so some shades/ ambushing glade riders might also be useful.
hagarthewhiteiii
Slave on the Altar

Post by hagarthewhiteiii »

if a cauldron of blood is allowed to join a unit of chariots that would be awesome :!:
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

hagarthewhiteiii wrote:if a cauldron of blood is allowed to join a unit of chariots that would be awesome :!:
Unfortunately, it can't.
Characters cannot join units of chariot and the CoB joins units like a character.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Wrathbaby
Dark Rider

Post by Wrathbaby »

I sometimes wonder if Calisson is actually human, or just a revolutionary computer program designed to sense rules queries and solve them... Most of my friends have come to accept his posts as truth now without even checking the rulebook, just from the number of times I've quoted him.

I have a list up in the army list section now, contains some chariots, not a full on chariot madness list. I was trying to design one that I own the models for (mostly) and that had a fair few chariots in it. Might work on a full chariot list sometime soon, even if it will never see the light of day.
"When it comes to besting the enemy, there's no such thing as 'overkill.'" - Good ol' Master Bronk

Also here's a PLOG: http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=76272
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Wrathbaby wrote:I sometimes wonder if Calisson is actually human, or just a revolutionary computer program designed to sense rules queries and solve them...
Maybe it's time for me to take the Turing test? :|
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
hagarthewhiteiii
Slave on the Altar

Post by hagarthewhiteiii »

Calisson wrote:
Wrathbaby wrote:I sometimes wonder if Calisson is actually human, or just a revolutionary computer program designed to sense rules queries and solve them...
Maybe it's time for me to take the Turing test? :|

Or maybe it is time for you to get your management diploma (bedrijfsbeheer--->belgie) and demand Games Workshop for another store (in belgium)

this forum is your curriculum vitae.

(has the seed been planted or has it been before??)