2400pts Eternity King List, Sister-bus

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

TheSupremePatriarch
Executioner

2400pts Eternity King List, Sister-bus

Post by TheSupremePatriarch »

Hey guys, been trying to put together my first End Times list for a while. Had a lot of problems with trying to squeeze everything in - never sure exactly what I want. I've tried a White Lion block with Alarielle and a second combat block nearby, a bit too slow moving and really tight for points. Wasn't sure what else to try, so ended up altering my Warlock-bus list slightly. Let me know what you think :)

Lords - 539 pts

Dreadlord - 219 pts
-HA, SDC, Shield, Lance
-Dark Steed
-Talisman of Preservation

Lvl 4 Archmage - 320 pts – High Magic
-Dispel Scroll
-Elven Steed
-Book of Hoeth

Heroes - 562 pts

Master - 123 pts
-HA, SDC, Shield, Lance
-BSB
-Dark Steed

Master - 148 pts
-HA, SDC, Shield, Lance
-RoH
-Dark Steed

Master - 103 pts
-HA, SDC, Shield, Lance
-Ironcurse Icon
-Dark Steed

Master - 188 pts
-HA, SDC, Shield, Lance
-CoT

Core - 600 pts

5 DR - 120 pts
-Shields, RXBs
-Standard Bearer

5 DR - 120 pts
-Shields, RXBs
-Standard Bearer

12 Glade Guard - 190 pts
-Trueflight Arrows
-Standard Bearer

12 Glade Guard - 190 pts
-Trueflight Arrows
-Standard Bearer

Special - 410 pts

2 RBT - 140 pts

10 Sisters of the Thorn - 270 pts
-Standard Bearer

Rare - 285 pts

5 Warlocks - 125 pts

8 Waywatchers - 160 pts

Total - 2396 pts

A bit less cavalry than I'm used to but the shooting is a bit more reliable and I've got an extra Master in the bus, plus some scouts. Main idea is, a lot like the Warlock-bus, use shooting and PegMaster to remove chaff and war machines as well as help with whittling down units. The bus doesn't get into combat until I want it to, and hopefully get off bubble Savage Beast of Horros to throw out 25 S9 attacks on the charge from the characters. Archmage can be used to buff the ward of the unit by throwing out the odd spell. I'm still getting a little used to it as it plays slightly differently with less bodies on the field and the Sister's aren't as good in combat, but it hasn't been too bad. Any suggestions?
Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: 2400pts Eternity King List, Sister-bus

Post by Thraundil »

I'd take a spellsinger over an archmage... Increase from 4+ to 3+ ward is not that big, whereas counters for when your characters fail those cannonball LoS! is massive.

Otherwise I like the idea of pushing the best from DE book - mounted masters - into strong units from the other books. My main question is however... Why not just run the warlock bus straight up, then a sister support unit? :P the sisters are stronger than warlocks as an auxiliary strike team since they have poison shots...
Name: Ladry (female)
Class: Mage (Pyromancer)
Equipment: Staff, longsword, dagger, 20 gold, insignia ring.
Skills: Power of Aqshy (2), defensive figthing
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
TheSupremePatriarch
Executioner

I was thinking that, but the ward is also applied to the characters - saved my master in the last game when a LOS was failed and rolled a 6 for the ward given by casting a spell from High, all of my lists seem to lean towards where I can stick ward saves on things :P

I think it's partially the banner, poisoned ranged shots so they can do some damage while dancing around and the ability to basically throw a level 5 Life and Beasts wizard into the field along with the level 4 High. Means that the Warlocks can still do damage, maybe as character snipes, but there's a lot of magic to worry about.
Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Thraundil »

Well 10 sisters and 5-7 chars in there will make them cast as lvl 3, not 5 :P but they will have all the spells which is amazingly versatile.

With regards to the failed look out sirs... What is better: failing a look out sir ad 2+ and then have a 6+ ward save, or failing a look out sir at 2+ and then remove a counter and simply assume the save was passed? (Hint: its the latter, as long as you can protect the counters from being wiped by BS shooting and magic missiles - and as long as you stick mr(2) in there, magic missiles wont do much as you will have a 2+ ward against it first :) )
Name: Ladry (female)
Class: Mage (Pyromancer)
Equipment: Staff, longsword, dagger, 20 gold, insignia ring.
Skills: Power of Aqshy (2), defensive figthing
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Make sure that your opponent agrees with the interpretation that units from DE AB get DE-only magic objects, same for HE.
RAW, discussion tends to prove that it is illegal but many people consider it fair nevertheless.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
TheSupremePatriarch
Executioner

I thought you add rank bonus? So if they cast at Level 2, plus 3 for rank bonus?

No that's true, I relied a bit on the Book of Hoeth in the last game though. It's a bit of a toss up between which way to go right now but wound negation does sound fun :P

@ Calisson - what do you mean? I don't think I've switched any magic items have I?
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

It's not about switching.
RAW, only common BRB items are available to End Times army lists.
The reason is because they are technically neither DE nor HE nor WE.
As DE magic objects, HE's and WE's are defined only for DE, HE and WE army lists (see the books), RAW speaking, they are not legal in ET:K Elven Hosts.

But despite RAW, many gamers think as you did that the DE part of an Elven Host have access to DE magic objects and so on.
It is not RAW, but many gamers will accept it as a house rule.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
TheSupremePatriarch
Executioner

Calisson wrote:It's not about switching.
RAW, only common BRB items are available to End Times army lists.
The reason is because they are technically neither DE nor HE nor WE.
As DE magic objects, HE's and WE's are defined only for DE, HE and WE army lists (see the books), RAW speaking, they are not legal in ET:K Elven Hosts.

But despite RAW, many gamers think as you did that the DE part of an Elven Host have access to DE magic objects and so on.
It is not RAW, but many gamers will accept it as a house rule.

:shock: that genuinely hasn't come up at my local store. Think it just went without saying that each army gets to use it's own magic items.

Played this against a Daemons list. Won, but by the skin of my teeth, this list doesn't pack as much of a punch as the Warlock-bus, but I do like having a decent amount of reliable shooting. Think the characters are a slight drain but then do a lot of damage on the charge. Umm-ing and arr-ing on my own list :P