1k tournament

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

maximon
Dark Rider

1k tournament

Post by maximon »

so im gonna be doing a 1k tournament. it allows end times percentages/rules, but i dont want to abuse it too much. also, it allows me to switch out special/rare as i please, core/characters must stay the same which is interesting

the idea im going for is a center combat block supported by dark magic (power of darkness) and everything else i have supports this combat block.

my list as of right now (i am open to suggestions):

heroes:

lvl 2 dark mage. dispell scroll. 140 points.

lvl 2 dark mage. tome of furion. 140 points.

core:

24 corsairs, full command, AHW, leadership banner. 309 points.

special:

10 shades. 160 points

rare:

10 doomfire warlocks (yes, in a single unit). 250 points.

total: 999 points

the goal of this list is that literally everything is a lvl 3 wizard, and ive got 3 to an extent. both wizards with the corsairs, both take power of darkness. tome lets me pick the 1 spell i need (like word of pain, or bladewind for skaven). goal of the list is either get the enemy -1 str and toughness via soul blight and hopefully a power of darkness, or simply both power of darkness's off, get overwhelmed with str 4-5 corsairs vs normal or -1 toughness enemies. doomfires serve as a support combat block, shades serve as chaff removal/harass
war was made for blood. blood was made for pleasure
maximon
Dark Rider

Re: 1k tournament

Post by maximon »

only problem i can think of is the mages killing themselves with getting 3 dice from POD as they have no form of protection
TheSupremePatriarch
Executioner

Post by TheSupremePatriarch »

I think you'd want to squeeze in a BSB and split the Warlocks because you don't have any other decent chaff clearance.

Also if you're playing End Times, you don't need the Tome as your wizards will know all the spells from their lores.

Hope that helps mate.
Aris69
Slave on the Altar

Post by Aris69 »

Yo,

At 1000 point i wouldn't play any sorceress (2 sorceress is too much for sure), cause you have warlocks to do the magic job.

Split warlocks in 2*5 not to put all your eggs in the same basket.

Spent your point in darkshards, pegmasters, wiches or riders
maximon
Dark Rider

Post by maximon »

ok kool thanks for the advice