Tits or no tits ?

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]

Tits ?

Yes
39%
No
61%

Total votes: 61

Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Tits or no tits ?

Post by Lord Drakon »

For my project after the Dark Riders, I am making three units of repeater crossbow-women. I will use the female torso's from the old warrior kit for all 30 of them.

Now my following question to Druchii.net

Shall I paint them with bare tits or armored tits ?

The rest of the army is heavily armored or camouflaged (white)
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Re: Tits or no tits ?

Post by T.D. »

In solidarity with my battle sistren risking life and limb for Eternal King and Country, I shall say armour :)

But it's your army :mrgreen:
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

Post by Searinox Nagharha »

I just blindly voted Yes! cause... well... tits !lol!
but reading and seeing that your entire army is fully armoured it would look crazily out of place :P
maybe just the Champions :lol:
PLOG - The House of Corvus

Group 41- Name: Searinox Nagharha - Shade
WS:5 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Acrobatics, Basic Stealth
direweasel
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by direweasel »

I believe it is an act of treason to ever vote "no" on the question of tits. :)
Chinese Relativity Axiom: No matter how glorious your triumphs, nor how miserable your failures, there will always be at least one billion people in China who don't give a damn.

Apocalypse Drow! Plog: http://druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75360
Ryank
Trainee Warrior

Post by Ryank »

direweasel wrote:I believe it is an act of treason to ever vote "no" on the question of tits. :)

I agree with this statement.
Payce
Executioner

Post by Payce »

I can't believe I'm typing this.

No tits.

Dark Elves are stereotyped enough as it is. No need to play into it. I firmly believe even the Druchii have strong women that aren't slutty (looking at you here, Morathi).
Scythe
Death Night Survivor

Post by Scythe »

Had to admit I laughed out loud when I read the topic title.

I honestly am curious as to how you would manage to paint realistic looking tits on those models. So I voted yes, in the spirit of scientific inquiry of course.
CitizenKhaine
Beastmaster

Post by CitizenKhaine »

There are not enough tits in the warhammer world, you have to take every opportunity to balance that out!
You're one microscopic cog in his catastrophic plan - Designed and directed by his red right hand - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds (channeling Khaine)

Visit the Citizens of Khaine http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75270
Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Thraundil »

Searinox Nagharha wrote:I just blindly voted Yes! cause... well... tits !lol!
but reading and seeing that your entire army is fully armoured it would look crazily out of place :P
maybe just the Champions :lol:

I actually also voted yes before even reading the thread :P but yeah. This idea. Champs with tits, rest with armor.
Name: Ladry (female)
Class: Mage (Pyromancer)
Equipment: Staff, longsword, dagger, 20 gold, insignia ring.
Skills: Power of Aqshy (2), defensive figthing
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

I voted no, with some regret... I don't think it fits the armour well unless it's heavily remodeled. The size would hardly feel.. "lithe". And though I can't speak from experience, I doubt the military and practical benefit of going bare chested when horse riding. Unless they want to utilize their form as a weapon? But somehow that befits Daemonettes and Slaneeshi more than the military Druchii who are, AFAIK, quite as badass and disciplined as anyone.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Looking at the rest of the army, I have to say no. I feel dirty just saying that :)
Teowulff
Warrior

Post by Teowulff »

Fun idea to haveall female darkshards unit .. tempted to do the same.

Any plans to add green stuff hair on their backs?
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

Post by Searinox Nagharha »

its a good thing to see im not the only 1 that just went 'Yes!' then xD
PLOG - The House of Corvus

Group 41- Name: Searinox Nagharha - Shade
WS:5 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Acrobatics, Basic Stealth
TheSupremePatriarch
Executioner

Post by TheSupremePatriarch »

I will openly represent the homosexuals on this forum, I go for no tits....:P
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

I have never been a big fan of witch elves, as my army and commander is somehow traditional with Nagarythe traditions, therefore using the female Druchii for shooting purposes while the men do the fighting. I have 25 female torso's from the old warrior kits (4 per kit) but each unit contains an commander and an musician.

After the painting of Dearon his warriors and highlights he uses, creating attention for the (armored) tits I got the idea to paint them in such a way the tits being naked.

I also developed a love story within one of the repeater crossbow-women units with one of the champions with conversion/modelling idea haha !

But I am still not too sure about naked or armored tits so I will let Druchii.net decide, still have to finish my Dark Riders first.

Imagine the psychological warfare though against our young opponents with darkshards having naked tits. Imagine the very young kids shy away while all the horny teenagers focus all their attention on my missile infantry leaving the rest intact.
Last edited by Lord Drakon on Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Lord Drakon wrote:Nagarythe traditions, therefore using the female Druchii for shooting purposes while the men do the fighting.

I was unaware this was ever the case. I thought, of all Kingdoms of Ulthuan, Nagaryte was the one that cared the least about gender and focused mostly on the warrior spirit, the soldiery.. even forsaking other cultural aspects and such fineries as gender roles to focus ever more on battle. Only after the passing of Aenarion, the First Phoenix King, did the (forbidden) cults rise to power, under Morathi's guidance and to fill the void left from the lack of a military cause.
If my memory served me well, the father of Hellebron encouraged his daughters to partake in the military campaigns across the colonies for it would teach them much of the heart of every Nagarythe and its spirit. He was supportive of their initiative to turn it into a religion.

Lord Drakon wrote:After the painting of Dearon his warriors and highlights he uses, creating attention for the (armored) tits I got the idea to paint them in such a way the tits being naked.

Hah :) Thanks... But... I actually highlighted them less than the other parts to reduce the attention to them :P
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne

Post by T.D. »

Payce wrote:women that aren't slutty

:cry:

Lord Drakon wrote:Nagarythe traditions, therefore using the female Druchii for shooting purposes while the men do the fighting.

Never knew this had any fluff backing, but I've independently developed it for my own Druchii house. Has a nice symmetry on the field of battle, and we can easily do this with the parts at our disposal.

Lord Drakon wrote:But I am still not too sure about naked or armored tits so I will let Druchii.net decide, still have to finish my Dark Riders first.

Nothing wrong with a proud pair of breasts on the battlefield if my ancestors the Kelts were anything to go by :D It's a contextual thing for me; sylph like wood elf? Naked is good. Battle crazed Witch Elf? Sky Clad all the way. Armoured warriors with random bare chest? Not so much.
Lion of flanders
Brush Master

Post by Lion of flanders »

Nothing like a poll about tits to start a lively conversation! :D

Writing as a person who has spent a great many hours crafting tits on dark elves and probably has the dark elf army with the most tits of any dark elf army on the planet.....I say no bare breasts on warriors.

Sorceress: perhaps (no combat expected)
Assasin: perhaps (stealth, surprise and sheer awesomeness protects)
Witchlocks: yes (ward save...who needs armor?)

All others: No....just seems out of place and gratuitous.

That being said....as with all things Warhammer (which is what makes it great) it's your army and you can do whatever you like to suit your vision.
That's silly! Playin with little statues, pretendin' they're fightin'! Why not just round up a bunch of real goblins and lettem' whack it out?
Darkmark
Beastmaster

Post by Darkmark »

Being hard wired to love mammary glands of all shapes and sizes on the fairer sex I feel Yes is the correct answer. However, in this case it really isn't merited, so I'd say perhaps a bit of cheeky cleavage but that's all! :D :cry:
Rowena
Highborn

Post by Rowena »

I would also go for realism and vote no (also it would probably be quite a bit of work to make it look believable) but if you like it... it's your army.
My painting blog

Even without Games Workshop, we will endure. Armies of the Unsupported Age, the models are out there.
direweasel
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by direweasel »

Lion of flanders wrote:Nothing like a poll about tits to start a lively conversation! :D

Writing as a person who has spent a great many hours crafting tits on dark elves and probably has the dark elf army with the most tits of any dark elf army on the planet.....I say no bare breasts on warriors.

Sorceress: perhaps (no combat expected)
Assasin: perhaps (stealth, surprise and sheer awesomeness protects)
Witchlocks: yes (ward save...who needs armor?)

All others: No....just seems out of place and gratuitous.

That being said....as with all things Warhammer (which is what makes it great) it's your army and you can do whatever you like to suit your vision.

After the knee-jerk reaction that, as Deathmark said, is pretty much hard-wired into the average hetero male, I'd have to say that this pretty well encapsulates my opinion as well. There are times where it makes sense, and times where it doesn't.

But it's your army and the beauty of the hobby/modeling side of it is that you make it your own. If you want an all topless army, go for it. You certainly won't get many complaints from the average opponent, because let's face it, this hobby is very lopsided in it's gender balance of players.

There's my official "grown up" answer. :)
Chinese Relativity Axiom: No matter how glorious your triumphs, nor how miserable your failures, there will always be at least one billion people in China who don't give a damn.

Apocalypse Drow! Plog: http://druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75360
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne

Post by T.D. »

Rowena wrote:I would also go for realism and vote no (also it would probably be quite a bit of work to make it look believable) but if you like it... it's your army.

Good to get your feedback on this, Rowena :)

Without posters like you, this forum would descend into rampant misogyny (mostly caused by me :P :oops:)
Silvershadow
Warrior

Post by Silvershadow »

Like others before me, I felt instantly compelled to vote Yes ;) But it sounds to me like they would be out of place in the army as a whole, in which case the answer is a (reluctant) no. But ultimately, go with what you want to model/paint :)

Also: I love this thread already, both for the humorous responses and the maturity shown by the D.net community in the arguments presented :)
8th edition Dark Elf book: 11-1-5 before I lost track

All hail the Eternity King!
Jolemai
Executioner

Post by Jolemai »

Abstaining from voting. To the poll question at hand it is a resounding yes, but when you add in the context from the OP it should probably be a no and I honestly can't bring myself to vote no to boobs. I'd never be able to look myself in the mirror again...
Lord_azoth
Highborn

Post by Lord_azoth »

Despite my love for tits, IMHO doesn´t make any sense armored male warriors and half nude female warriors. One thing is to make the female units look a bit sexy, this would be too much
Death before dishonor