[PLOG] Invasion : The Tower of Shadow and Light

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Malarith
Slave on the Altar

[PLOG] Invasion : The Tower of Shadow and Light

Post by Malarith »

Welcome brethren,

From an age before the sundering, The Tower of Shadow and Light has long been locked in a frozen wasteland. Ages have come and gone, unnoticed by those within the Tower. Locked behind magical walls of Ice, time itself has not touched those within this icy prison. Untainted by the long civil war, these elves of Nagarythe have worshiped both Khaine and Asuryan in equal measure. Now unknown forces have unlocked their prison, and the Tower is set to return to its homeland once more.

For too long my Dark Elves have been neglected, while Angels of a dark future have claimed pride of place on my painting table. But no more. Joining the Invasion is a perfect chance for me to get paint to model.

Without further ado I present the test models for the Tower of Shadow and Light

As yet I am undecided on what force to build first, "Corsairs" with all units converted from Corsairs, "Tower Guard" focusing on the more traditional army, or "Handmaidens of the Gods" based of the khainite units with an Asuryan bend.

I ill get around to painting all 3 forces up in the long run, but what would my fellow druchii like to see?
direweasel
Malekith's Personal Guard

Re: [PLOG] Invasion : The Tower of Shadow and Light

Post by direweasel »

I think in general, when starting a new force, it's prudent to do the more "basic" troops first, to help solidify and develop your scheme. So with that in mind, my vote is that you do the darkshard first.

Also, I like your use of the Agrellan Earth base.
Chinese Relativity Axiom: No matter how glorious your triumphs, nor how miserable your failures, there will always be at least one billion people in China who don't give a damn.

Apocalypse Drow! Plog: http://druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75360
Malys the younger
Beastmaster

Post by Malys the younger »

direweasel wrote:I think in general, when starting a new force, it's prudent to do the more "basic" troops first...

Also, I like your use of the Agrellan Earth base.

I would vote for the Corsairs because I like how he has turned out so far. I also agree with Direweasel on the base. Im going to have to pick up a pot of that when I get back home.

The Grim Host of Malys the Younger: http://druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75760

Overall W/D/L: 5/0/3
vs Empire: 1/0/0
vs Wood Elves: 2/0/2
vs Beastmen: 2/0/0
vs Vampire Counts: 0/0/1
Malarith
Slave on the Altar

Post by Malarith »

Thanks for the base love guys, I was thinking of changing it but will definitely keep it now.

I have done some more work on the Corsairs, they are both a basic troop and have the fantastic cloak, can't really go wrong.

In total I have 11 Corsairs and the Sorceress painted, just need to work on weapons and hair to call them 100%

I am planning on getting at least 20 Corsairs completed before I start work on the conversions.

Let me know what you think.
Schism20
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Schism20 »

Liking that white colour scheme, has a lot of contrast with the black areas. The blue/grey skin looks fantastic.
Payce
Executioner

Post by Payce »

I am loving this so far. Your colours are right up my alley. The corsairs especially looks brilliant.

Very excited to see more of your work.
flatworldsedge
Chosen of Khaine

Post by flatworldsedge »

Really like the pale blue/grey skin tones!
Phierlihy
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Phierlihy »

Not really digging the skin tone. Too much blue makes it a cross between a zombie and a smurf. Maybe I'll like it more when you finish painting the white parts. Sorry =(
Proud supporter of druchii.net
phierlihy@druchii.net
Malarith
Slave on the Altar

Post by Malarith »

Sorry for the lack of updates guys, been flat out at work and home.

However I have not stopped work on the army, just have not been doing as much painting as I would like.

Since my last post I have been working on a few conversions, getting Corsairs some much needed support.

I will get some photos up in the next few days but my Force has grown to include 19 Corsairs, 10 Repeater Crossbows, 1 Reaper Bolt Thrower, 10 Slaughters (Sisters of Slaughter) and I am 2/3 of the way through a unit of 10 Cold One Knights.

Next on the converting block will be some characters, I plan on pulling a Black Ark Fleetmaster apart for both a lord and BSB. Painting wise I need to get the Sorceress and base Corsairs finished, have finally settled on a colour for the weapons that I am happy with.