Raging Heroes Dark Elf Kickstarter.....

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Lion of flanders
Brush Master

Raging Heroes Dark Elf Kickstarter.....

Post by Lion of flanders »

Hey All:

Looks like Raging Heroes will be launching their new Dark Elf Army in "late March"

If you haven't seen these folks' excellent concept art for their new Dark Elves, check out their site cuz it looks extremely cool.
That's silly! Playin with little statues, pretendin' they're fightin'! Why not just round up a bunch of real goblins and lettem' whack it out?
Holt
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Raging Heroes Dark Elf Kickstarter.....

Post by Holt »

They have a bit of a concept/inspiration page on Pintrest (which could be a bit nsfw) https://www.pinterest.com/ragingheroes/ ... nal-mercy/

I have been holding out for this for quite some time and am quite excited about the whole thing :D
Want some tips on controlling those frenzied units? http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=71791&highlight=
Darkmark
Beastmaster

Post by Darkmark »

With GW rumoured to be squating/ drastically changing DE this could be a very timely arrival. To my knowledge, Gamezone excepted, there aren't really any complete DE ranges about. A whole new one would be most welcome.

Personally, I'd thought RH were big enough now to not need crowd funding. I'm happy to wait till any range goes to regular retail, and certainly want to avoid the give me everything things that KS attracts.

In the mean time I quite fancy Mierce's Ysians range for a change of pace, and a good mix of beasties and mean ringos.
Rowena
Highborn

Post by Rowena »

I've been following this for a long time and really can't wait for them to finally lauch it. And to get the models, because that would be even more waiting.

Darkmark: I guess I understand your view and this is why I have never participated in any kickstarter before. With Raging Heroes... I think I wouldn't want to wait and after seeing their TGG work they're probably the only company I would trust enough to pay for concept art. I just hope the models would fit our army, as I really can't afford to buy awesome models I wouldn't use. :)
My painting blog

Even without Games Workshop, we will endure. Armies of the Unsupported Age, the models are out there.
General Kael
Shade

Post by General Kael »

I bought in to the TGG kickstarter. I'm a big fan of raging heroes and have not been disappointed with the models they have made for the kickstarter.

They stayed pretty true to the concept art, and if something didn't look right were very open to feed back and were not afraid to change something that didn't work. However their dedication to have a great final product has lead to a VERY long wait. I haven't received my models yet and I suspect that when they arrive it will have been about a two year wait. But in fairness it was their first kickstarter and the next one should run smoother.

I liked the way you chose your models. What you pay is how much cash you get to buy the individual models you want. You are not locked into pre-set groups of models. And the price is great.

So if you don't mind the wait and want cool models at a discounted price I would recommend them.
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Definitely going to look in to these. Some great concept art, glad you can pick and choose, plus the costs don't look too bad from previous kickstarters.
CitizenKhaine
Beastmaster

Post by CitizenKhaine »

If GW doesn't axe the Harpies I would be very interested in those!
You're one microscopic cog in his catastrophic plan - Designed and directed by his red right hand - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds (channeling Khaine)

Visit the Citizens of Khaine http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75270
van Awful
Highborn

Post by van Awful »

if they stay true to the conceptart i've seen so far...It's going to cost me. :(
Nec spe, nec metu

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman