Converted Druchii Noble.

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Vincean
Head on the Chopping Block

Converted Druchii Noble.

Post by Vincean »

Just made up a hero for my army, I really liked the looks of the female charioteer so had her to one side, the sword is Archeon's as it was laying about and really, we can never get enough massive swords and gauntlets. A cape from the same chariot set that's been hollowed out and a High Elf shield finished her off. What do you lot think?

Malys the younger
Beastmaster

Re: Converted Druchii Noble.

Post by Malys the younger »

Nicely done. I can't wait to see it painted up.

The Grim Host of Malys the Younger: http://druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75760

Overall W/D/L: 5/0/3
vs Empire: 1/0/0
vs Wood Elves: 2/0/2
vs Beastmen: 2/0/0
vs Vampire Counts: 0/0/1
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

Unexpectedly cool 8)
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

Love the cape and shield - very nicely done.

The sword is a bit too big for my tastes - looks kind of out of proportion to the model. But that's a personal preference thing. It looks like it may be a metal sword on a plastic body too - is balance going to be a problem for the model? Also, what is poor Archaon using for battle if his sword has been nabbed? ;)
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Vincean

Post by Vincean »

Red... wrote:Love the cape and shield - very nicely done.

The sword is a bit too big for my tastes - looks kind of out of proportion to the model. But that's a personal preference thing. It looks like it may be a metal sword on a plastic body too - is balance going to be a problem for the model? Also, what is poor Archaon using for battle if his sword has been nabbed? ;)

The sword and the gauntlet are a little bit too big, yeah. Chock it down to Slaaneshi influence or just the Druchii being mad for swords that can cut a man in half. Balance isn't actually as bad as you might think, the model doesn't fall over that easily! As for Archaon, I've plans for him that are probably a little too ambitious for my ah. Skills.
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne

Post by T.D. »

Just noticed how well you are rocking the End Times title.

Nice :mrgreen:
Vincean

Post by Vincean »

T.D. wrote:Just noticed how well you are rocking the End Times title.

*Flex* I might be in eternal torment / in a constant state of near beheadedness but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy it.
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne

Post by T.D. »

Vincean wrote:
T.D. wrote:Just noticed how well you are rocking the End Times title.

*Flex* I might be in eternal torment / in a constant state of near beheadedness but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy it.

!lol!
Phierlihy
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Phierlihy »

The sword being literally bigger than the torso makes the mini seem very disproportioned. I'll not comment on trying to use a whip while you have a shield on your arm...
Proud supporter of druchii.net
phierlihy@druchii.net
Vincean

Post by Vincean »

Phierlihy wrote:The sword being literally bigger than the torso makes the mini seem very disproportioned. I'll not comment on trying to use a whip while you have a shield on your arm...

It is perhaps silly but in the end, rule of cool wins out for me. I'll agree that the whip could use rethinking, unfortunately it's joined to the hair at a peculiar angle. But I will see what I can do.
Scythe
Death Night Survivor

Post by Scythe »

All very cool. I don't mind the whip in the shield hand - fantasy is fantasy and all. As for the sword... it's not actually the size of the sword that I wonder about, but the size of the gauntlet. Although you could make an argument that in order to wield a sword of that size you'd need a magic gauntlet of some kind to give you the strength to swing it!
Vincean

Post by Vincean »

Scythe wrote:All very cool. I don't mind the whip in the shield hand - fantasy is fantasy and all. As for the sword... it's not actually the size of the sword that I wonder about, but the size of the gauntlet. Although you could make an argument that in order to wield a sword of that size you'd need a magic gauntlet of some kind to give you the strength to swing it!

Funnily enough, that's part of the reason I added the cape. The back of Archeon's hand is huge and it helps to disguise that a little. I'll write up my own fluff for all the characters in my army at some stage but it -is- Slaaneshi. Blame She Who Thirsts. And magic. Elves.
flatworldsedge
Chosen of Khaine

Post by flatworldsedge »

The sword is a mad mix of awesome and hilarious - very FFvii. Perhaps the mismatched gauntlet sizes are the only thing I'm not sure of. The jagged edge works nicely with all that SDC too - all very rugged. If you were choosing between whip and shield, I'd keep the whip - I think you need the width to balance the sword on the other size. Love it anyway - per your not cool > impractical every time. The BSB logic applies too - these are my characters stats given she using a whip and shield and insane sword, because her stats would have been higher if differently equipped.