Dark Elves vs Skaven 120 Wnds Batrep

The place for all game discussions on Age of Sigmar.

Moderator: The Dread Knights

CAPTAINxDEE
Slave (off the Altar)

Dark Elves vs Skaven 120 Wnds Batrep

Post by CAPTAINxDEE »

(You can see my list on the other post about my prep for this battle, I didn't bring a Dreadlord because we only did 3 heroes, so I just added more models to my big units)

Also we agreed on no rolling for turns, just see who goes first and take turns in that order. After playing a lot with my Vamp Count/Orc friend we find that if someone gets to go twice, it's impossibly hard to make a comeback. Just don't find it fun.

So we did a smaller game before our large game because we had another friend with us playing Vamp Counts who had more of a time constraint than myself so he played a game once he got there.

Anyways I won the smaller battle we did. Used a Reaper Bolt Thrower which I really shouldn't have haha. He seen the power of them and On his first turn his Waprlock Jezzails took out one of my RBT right away, leaving me with only one. He brought lots of plague monks, some rat ogres, Doomwheel, Hell Pit Abomination, Warp Lightning Cannon, a Plague Furnace and a Ratling Gun. And then some heroes I cant remember. It was a tough turn one for him with those Jezzails wiping out my RBT but the rest of the turn was just movement. He moved his Rat Ogres up on the flank, where I also set up my Cold One Knights. They moved up just enough that I thought I could make a charge on my turn, which I could. During my hero phase I gave my knights the Strength of Khaine and Orgy of Slaughter command ability. This meant that on the charge with their own ability they were wounding on 2's with their lances and wounding on 3's with their Cold Ones, plus after his Ogres fought them back, they got to do that once more. I killed all but 2 Ogres. I think he only had 4, maybe 5. But they have 5 wounds each so I did pretty good, injuring one of the ones that lived. RBT shot at the abomination, just trying to soften it up, didn't realize it heals wounds back.

Gonna be honest, most of the other turns were a blur but it was a close match the whole time. My biggest folly was trying to flank with 1 unit of black guard and my executioners. They didn't get into combat until turn 4. That really screwed me over. Also my magic phases with Malekith and Morathi were like 80% wiff, they either got denied because I rolled low casting rolls, or they failed, or I succeeded and only dealt 1 dmg a piece. My 1 RBT also wiffed turn 3, 4 and 5. It was horrible. I think if I got my flank into combat sooner, probably by running them. I would have won.

But all and all it was a close game regardless until the end haha. Skaven took the victory. Still learning how to position everything correctly. What I really want, is to make sure my executioners will be making the charge and not being charged, and I need to keep my RBT as far back as possible. Usually against Vamps I dont need to because my wall of doods is enough and he's keeping his summoners as far back as possible, barely any ranged on his side. But against Skaven? Yeah lots of shooty.
Phox532
Executioner

Re: Dark Elves vs Skaven 120 Wnds Batrep

Post by Phox532 »

Sounds like a tough loss. I hate games where the dice just don't go your way. I was playing a D&D campaign three years ago where I didn't roll above a 5 on a D20 for a whole 4 hour session. I was failing every check. it was pretty much terrible. So hearing your Battle Rep, I can really feel for you. But ya, It sounds like you left a lot of wound on the table.
Phox Jorkarzul
CAPTAINxDEE
Slave (off the Altar)

Re: Dark Elves vs Skaven 120 Wnds Batrep

Post by CAPTAINxDEE »

Phox532 wrote:Sounds like a tough loss. I hate games where the dice just don't go your way. I was playing a D&D campaign three years ago where I didn't roll above a 5 on a D20 for a whole 4 hour session. I was failing every check. it was pretty much terrible. So hearing your Battle Rep, I can really feel for you. But ya, It sounds like you left a lot of wound on the table.

Haha yeah I know that feel. Although my half-orc Druid in 3.5 who is now multiclassed as a Barbarian with +5 strength mod at level 4 is doing quite well. But previous campaigns have been horrible for my rolls haha. But thanks for reading my batrep! It was definitely a fun game regardless.