Spawn of SLannesh PLOG

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Spawn of SLannesh PLOG

Post by Saintofm »

Edit: Trying a different source for Pics I upload to, and so will pick up stuff, hopefully this will help deal with the old pics.

Just checkign to see if there is any life on the forum, haven't been here in a long time. The old world is coming back, so might as well see if we can get some beasties in the Dreadlord's Menageries

The end goal is to make a serpentine monster. The head is a Spellthirster Sphynx that is a spare head. The other went to the mini for a Tzeentchen SLaves of Chaos army. The two arms are spare arms form the Vortex Beast kit as it could be a mutalith vortex beast, or it could be a Slaughter Brute which these two would be added to.

The tail is an old Pewter Hydra, 7th eddition, one. I used the other for Blue Berry the Great and Terrible.

The clay I got, not sure if they still ake it, I usualy get as its a air dry one (made from paper apparently). Usually don't use the whole block so right now experimenting with soaking it a bit.

The next task will be to make it coil around, have the tail and the head skywards with the arms sticking out the back. As its a slanneshy build, probably something light purples with a pink belly. Not sure about the hair yet.
Last edited by Saintofm on Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: Spawn of SLannesh PLOG

Post by Calisson »

Saintofm wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:19 pm Just checkign to see if there is any life on the forum
Checking in almost daily.
Welcome back! :D
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

Thanks, the clay is not working out so will try out some Greenstuff I got off Amazon (being next to a fullfillment center has its perks) and now the cat wants out.
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

So here is last night's eddition.

Green stuff worked wonders first time in a while where I got green stuff and I didn't need to work it too much to get it. Mixed it, cut more sections as needed, then made it circular, fatting it up near the end of the tail and for the hydra tail bit, and for the spell thirter. The caws wet down a little further. I noticed some gaps in the spinx's head, so i filled them up with a little more.

I don't kw what the tool is called by I got it out of a kit for working with clay in a cfrat store in the Michals Chain. Either way, I thought it might look cool to have some pits on it's back. I might try it for making chainmail the next time I need to have that. I used the curved bit on the other end to try to make the belly scales.

Spent about 4 hours afterwords letting it set with a pair of large pliares gently holding the head so it didn't go leaning tower of pizza. After that got it primed and will paint it.

All it took was clearing some youtube vis on my watch later, and some scripture study, and I just got Total War 3 Warhammer and doing the Khorn faction story (yes, I see the Irony of listening to Book of Mormon while playing scary red demon.)

Here are the pics

Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

Opened a new Deviant Art account so hopefully the pics work there now. Also got good news that an appartment that I had been trying to get into maybe opening up soon, so I am doing wild cleaning and packing. Hence some delays in pics. Also got to show you my forsaken kit bash (maruaders+sare bits=fun times).

Might just use them in AoS as Marauders with flails (lots of tenticles and what not) but until then the Chaos Spawn

The Metalic paint is from DecoArt and its a called Berry. THe white on the horns and claws is from Model Color. The lighter hair is Nicoles Craft Studo' Orchid Color. I forgot What I did with the main boby, but I think I used one of the craft pants you find in any craft story for the back, and then a darker GW pink for the belly with plans on useing Pink Horror Layer. The face will be Crafters Collecton Creamy Baige with an eventual layering of Pallid Wych Flesh ( don't remember if I put that on when I did these photoes).

I eventually used Pagos Purple contrast on the dark purple and one of the GW base yellows for the eyes.

Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

Thinking of using a wash or ink on the light purple hair. Used one of the GW Purples for the body giving a night darker tone, and would liek to try something on the hair. Aski did the base in a brown so I could do a soil thing with it, but may need to add more as it looks like the wood may have obsorbed some of it.
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

Looks great - looking forward to seeing it completed.