Future of the "Quick-Reply"

Throw your ideas for Druchii.net around in here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Keep it or Kill it - The Quick Reply!?!

Total votes: 0

Amarel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Amarel »

Keep it and add a forum rule that states that repeated spam posting will get the offenders a warning :).

Amarel.
Still Serving Slaanesh
Owner of one too many armies...
Armlessfred
Beastmaster

Post by Armlessfred »

Heres me 2 cents..

keep quick reply but add a feature that issues a warning to the account if said post is under 50 or so characters. If there is a second warning within a week of of the first have the account suspended for 24 hours. very quickly ppl will become more aware of the size of there posts. and reduce amounts of spam quickly. hopefully a mod somewhere is reading this as i think its a very good option, and yes im using quick reply right now. :)
if your key doesnt work, knock it down, if you cant knock it down, blow it down, if you cant blow it down incinerate it... well if that dont work your screwed.

Khaine could bath for an eternity in the blood of my victims!
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Right now my biggest problem on clicking "Reply" isn't the lazyness. It is the f**king time it takes to load that page. Something happened with my internet connection and now I can barely load druchii.net before "Page not Found" is in view.

I do like your idea armlessfred about warnings on small posts, but there will probably be someone claiming that he or she can make a perfectly good and important post in under 50 letters. I do doubt it, though.
Best idea so far.
Armlessfred
Beastmaster

Post by Armlessfred »

thanks for the insight but yes there will be people whining incesently about how usefull a short post is, on another note my internet was REALLY slow with this site for a month it sucked but one day it was normal again so just wate it out or maybe get a better server. by the way how much trouble would it be to put something like my idea into the programming(i dont know jack about code ect.)
if your key doesnt work, knock it down, if you cant knock it down, blow it down, if you cant blow it down incinerate it... well if that dont work your screwed.

Khaine could bath for an eternity in the blood of my victims!
Eeeeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Eeeeron »

Keep it, it's useful to be able to see the most recent posts whilst typing a reply and being able to quote from lots of sources if required.
Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Bring on the dancing squirrels!

Consolecommunity.com - For all your gaming chat and meet-ups
Garbidge
Highborn
Location: House of Heroes, 43 Church Gate, Loughborough, England

Post by Garbidge »

If quick-reply is removed, can you put a 'view message' window on the reply screen, so you can refer to the message you're replying to?
Darkspear
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Darkspear »

keep it. its a lot easier to make cross references with the quick reply
In my land, everyone calls me the darkspear. The most famous spearmen commander of all.
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Now when the new site is up we get the "last-post-view" availible. There's no real reason to keep it anymore IMO...

Lord N
Vorchild
Master of the Red Legion
Master of the Red Legion

Post by Vorchild »

Is this discussion still going on? :shock: I think by now it really should be apparent that the quick reply is here to stay, as it was certainly included in the site upgrades. As such, I don't really think it merits the sticky status it currently holds. Its just so easy too, and I've never found it to increase spam at all, its just that maybe the people prone to spamming get to spam easier and a bit more, but as we tend to weed out those people anyways...
_
The storm is coming...
Are you ready?
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

But most of the replies in here says that the quick reply can go as long as we have any kind of review on the last post. And in the update we have.
Personally I don't think the QR increases spaming, it just lowers the thaught behind the posts. Posts that isn't considered spam, but ain't really contributing much to the discussion.

Lord N
Teifion
Teifion of Khemri

Subjects

Post by Teifion »

Lord Nagathi wrote:But most of the replies in here says that the quick reply can go as long as we have any kind of review on the last post. And in the update we have.
Personally I don't think the QR increases spaming, it just lowers the thaught behind the posts. Posts that isn't considered spam, but ain't really contributing much to the discussion.

Lord N

One way that you can tell a post was done is by looking at the subject, no subject generally means quick reply.

Another way is to look to see if they have quoted somebody in particular.

e.g.

Somebody wrote something here, but I didn't say who

Durchii.netter wrote:This is what Druchii.netter wrote.

Many people don't know how to do that and can't be bothered either.