we want the humour forum back!!!!!

Throw your ideas for Druchii.net around in here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

any one want it back

Total votes: 0

Falahk
Night Goblin

we want the humour forum back!!!!!

Post by Falahk »

a few of us here at druchii.net want our old humour forum back, as we all who posted ther realy liked it......wath was the reson that it was merged with the WGD.....it will also help to make the wgd clean from spaming and esyer to just post wgd stuff in (and thos wgd posts will grab more attention).......I can take upon my self to mod it if needed maby with help from lord silas...
SWFBR- Swedish Warhammer Tournament Calendar, Ranking and Forum
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

Yeah I'd like the old doors cracked open again.
ImageImageImageImage
faerthurir wrote:Arq kicked me in the gyros.
Kithan^^
1337 Humour Terrorist
Location: With Injektilo in Binktopia-The realm of Stupidity and Whipped Cream

Post by Kithan^^ »

At least it would spare the poor little wargames discussion forum being flooded by King Coels jokes. IMO i think we should do something else than just dump anything that has nothing to do with any of the other forums onto "Wargaming discussion" I think a new forum called "Off topic discussion" should be opened.
Aspect of Anger
Aspect of the Assassin
Aspect of the unbanned Humour Terrorist

Previously known as Kithan Bloodblade

Kithan...has...been...pwned....by...D.net...

Song of the moment: Pagans Mind - Aegan Shores
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Did you guys even read the announcement DA made?

All threads of value will be moved and kept in a new forum which will (hopefully) be up soon.

Lord N
Falahk
Night Goblin

Post by Falahk »

The idea behind this change is to offer an opportunity where we can discuss off topic issues in a light-hearted and jovial manner.
this is wath DA stated......have read it befor....just cant find so many reasons in here......sadly when I returned from vacation....I found out about the merg......so I dident even have a chans to resist.......I also belive that it was good atmospher in the wgd anyway befor the chanches(befor king coel did humour bombardment)
Vorchild
Master of the Red Legion
Master of the Red Legion

Post by Vorchild »

Why not just use the WGD forum. :? After all, its there, jokes get posted occasionally, and not locked so that I've noticed, so why bother to change things again? :?
_
The storm is coming...
Are you ready?
Sneaky
Daemon Prince

Post by Sneaky »

Er... if I remember correctly the "good atmospher" of the Humour forum was one of constant spam. The Admins and Black Guard had been trying to figure out how to clean the place up for a long time.

The idea behind the merger was to do with the fact that we wanted to be a little more lenient in the WGD forum. It was originally the Off-Topic Discussion forum, but politics and religion forced us to become stricter on it. We decided to let the pendulum swing back a little and free up the users to talk about a wider range of topics (avoiding heated controversy!).

At the same time we needed to reign in the Humour forum. We combined them because it was the simplest way to keep both threads in line. Not enough good jokes were forthcoming to warrant a separate forum, but we wanted jokes that weren't just about Warhammer. Wargamers' Discussion is now basically for people to discuss things other than Druchii (including stuff in life), and part of that is making jokes. I like to make jokes, even if they aren't very good. But I don't go to joke forums - it ruins the context of a joke.

I hope that made sense. I'm happy to elaborate if it didn't. It's true that we didn't go into a whole lot of reasons about the closure of the forum, but the fact is that there was a lot of spam getting in there and both mods were inactive for various reasons. It was around the time that someone was making jokes about rape or incest or both that we decided enough was enough.
Goodbye.
Falahk
Night Goblin

Post by Falahk »

Er... if I remember correctly the "good atmospher" of the Humour forum was one of constant spam. The Admins and Black Guard had been trying to figure out how to clean the place up for a long time.

atleast me, Arquinsiel and Silas did like it, and yes we would need an active mod and a bit more no spaming nature.......
but we all had a great time......
but we wanted jokes that weren't just about Warhammer
why not simply call it humour forum and get all kind of jokes in it......
I hope that made sense. I'm happy to elaborate if it didn't. It's true that we didn't go into a whole lot of reasons about the closure of the forum, but the fact is that there was a lot of spam getting in there and both mods were inactive for various reasons. It was around the time that someone was making jokes about rape or incest or both that we decided enough was enough.

and did any one ask the humour posters about ther opinions......and yes the hamster did run out of control some times and posted some rater wierd stuff(but not shore if it was hi who psted both of em you mentioned)
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

The Humour Forum was full of crap and the recent influx of crap into the WGD Forum is hardly a reason to change things back.

The few jokes that were actually funny were soon bogged down by all the useless spam.
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

Frozenflame wrote:humor forum rocks

btw - case in point. How many other hundreds of examples would you like? :?
Tayrod
Spawn of Slaanesh
Location: Over the hills and far away (ie: In Norway somewhere)

Post by Tayrod »

Im whit DA on this one, the old humor forum was overspawned and it works better this way imo.
And the kneecaps connected to the ... *&¤%#% ... oh darn
Kithan^^
1337 Humour Terrorist
Location: With Injektilo in Binktopia-The realm of Stupidity and Whipped Cream

Post by Kithan^^ »

I agree with the spam reasons... but i dont think dumping everything into the WGD forum is the answer :? King C still spammed as hell there.. there will always be spamming. I now look as the WGD forum as a scraps forum.. where everything not about druchii, is thrown.
Aspect of Anger
Aspect of the Assassin
Aspect of the unbanned Humour Terrorist

Previously known as Kithan Bloodblade

Kithan...has...been...pwned....by...D.net...

Song of the moment: Pagans Mind - Aegan Shores
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

If you would get more than two mods for that forum alone, they maybe could delete all spam pretty fast, but maybe the use of the Report button should be made clear to everyone. Not everybody seems to understand it's use.
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

Kithan Bloodblade wrote:King C still spammed as hell there.. .

Yes, he did, and as a result he has been warned for his behaviour. The location of the forum is irrelevant. Code of conduct however, is another issue.
Teifion
Teifion of Khemri

Post by Teifion »

If for whatever reason the forum is reinstated, I would be happy to be a mod there.
Silas
the Mad

Post by Silas »

Took longer for me to reply to this then i thought...

I for one enjoyed the humour forum. I, along with Axus, would be happy to mod there.
Calapine
Highborn

Post by Calapine »

Sneaky i'm curious about something you said
Wargamers' Discussion is now basically for people to discuss things other than Druchii (including stuff in life), and part of that is making jokes. I like to make jokes, even if they aren't very good. But I don't go to joke forums - it ruins the context of a joke.

When you say "(including stuff in life)" does that mean that as long as it isn't political, religeous or offensive you can talk about anything, or does it have to be about WH in genral.E.g if i posted "who do you think will win the champions league" even though it's not political etc. and i dare say there are people on this forum who follow football, wouldn't that post still be considered spam and get locked. :?
ITS A BARBARIAN BUNNY--BUSTY BROAD
BONANZA IN MY BRAINPAN--AND I'M THE ONLY
ONE INVITED!!!!!!!!!!!
Vorchild
Master of the Red Legion
Master of the Red Legion

Post by Vorchild »

Nope Calapine, stuff like that is fair game indeed. :) Its just as Sneaky said.

Again though, pertaining to the humour forum, why not show us that you guys can use what you have now before any changes are made? Show us that you have legitimate stuff that needs its own forum and maybe things will change again. As it was, you instead showed us that you needed the forum removed due to all the junk and such, so things changed that way.
_
The storm is coming...
Are you ready?
Falahk
Night Goblin

Post by Falahk »

damn more power hungry ppl here then me :twisted:
silas if you concentret on reading my post, I have noted you as a posibble mod allong with my self.....
*falahk thinks of utopia and the way he do things ther......*
I'm afrid that i starting to become more like linda evry day that pass.....
both for good and bad......
Falahk
Night Goblin

Post by Falahk »

good work in the wgd all mods :D ....we need to do stuff like this to make ppl understand that spaming is not legal to do......
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Personally I wouldn't want King C as a mod in any Humor forum. He is a member known for spaming. If he was the one in charge for making the distinction between a contributing post and spam, while he himself can't follow the rules given, I would probably do something to overrule his position (no offense King C, but you are unfit to mod a spaming forum)

Lord N
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

I'm with Lord Nagathi on this.

Spamming the WGD forum is not the way to get the Humour Forum reinstated. To be honest, AFAIAC there is no reason to reinstate it anyway. WGD covers all this nowadays and as soon as we get the time the locked Humour forum will be sifted anyway.

And as Vorchild quite rightly pointed out, why not show you can use the existing facilities in the appropriate manner?
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

DA, while you're here:
Where has some of the good ol' threads from the Humor Forum gone?
I'm specificly looking for that splendid Valentine's Day joke, but it seems like it has been deleted or moved from the forum.

Lord N
Vampire master morph
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: Scotland,Aberdeen,Feeding Asur To My Pet Harpies...

Post by Vampire master morph »

Yes,so we don't get in trouble 4 spamming (like king c)
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

Lord Nagathi wrote:DA, while you're here:
Where has some of the good ol' threads from the Humor Forum gone?
I'm specificly looking for that splendid Valentine's Day joke, but it seems like it has been deleted or moved from the forum.

Lord N

I have no idea. I haven't deleted or moved anything from that forum yet.