You wanna write the Monthly Battle Reports?

Druchii.net Announcements! Whenever something is IMPORTANT, it is in here - PLEASE READ!!!

Moderator: The Dreadlords

Z'gahn
The Touch of Death

You wanna write the Monthly Battle Reports?

Post by Z'gahn »

Hi there,

As you might have noticed, the monthly can use some more battle reports, and we’ve designed the following system to get those reports.
We are looking for gaming groups around the world who play regular battles, and one person within that group to write battle reports of their battles and give those to the monthly. But we’re not talking about simple text summaries. We want pictures, pre-battle thoughts, player opinions, and the whole bunch more. In addition, we might submit some requests for certain battles for you to play.

There can only be one or two battle reports in a monthly each time, and that’s all the more reason to watch quality even more than we do already. Therefore, we expect more reports each month than we can publish so that we can choose only the best reports.

Do you have a gaming group and are you able to deliver a report a month? How would you like to be a Battle Reporter for our monthly?
Mojo-jojo
Warrior

Post by Mojo-jojo »

I'll give it a go i have a large goup to play with and can play anytime.

i live ten min. walk from two game stores
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Remember that nothing which is due for any monthly is allowed to be posted on the public board. Nothing of what you write can be posted on the boards befor the publish.

- Nag
Belakith
Shade
Location: Got lost in a vortex in the middle of the chaos wastelands

Post by Belakith »

I agree more battle reports!!!
The Druchii will one day destroy the Highelves, and the Witch elves bathe in thier blood. All those that are faithful to the Druchii shall be rewarded.

Are you faithful??
The Jewel-Eyed One

Post by Avatarofslaanesh »

I am in and would like to also point out that another objective of this is a sort of Battle report template(like WD)

so that all of the battle reports can be more easily read and interpreted
Z'gahn
The Touch of Death

Post by Z'gahn »

AoS; I've asked the Black Forge if they can make a program with which to make those diagrams of the battle (like in the wd). That'll help a LOT, but it isn't finished yet.....

Belakith; You wanna be a battle reporter then?
The Jewel-Eyed One

Post by Avatarofslaanesh »

AoS; I've asked the Black Forge if they can make a program with which to make those diagrams of the battle (like in the wd). That'll help a LOT, but it isn't finished yet.....

That would be awesome, my original idea was infinately less intricate but would work too
Silas
the Mad

Post by Silas »

I'd be happy to write some battle reports. I run a club fortnightly with around 20 members, i'm sure they would be happy to contribute to our mag.
Not sure how soon i could do a battle report though, everyone is knee deep in our =][= campaign.
Do you want painted armies? because not everyone has them. Painting is quite rare round here, not sure why...
Could also play some of the staff at my local GW, i'm sure they wont mind doing a battle report for them. Plus they will have quite good armies!
Z'gahn
The Touch of Death

Post by Z'gahn »

Silas; Yes, we want painted armies, i'm afraid. But it doesn't really matter if the battle is from a campaign, as long as the battle is interesting (and the report good). Also, we want pics if that's possible. Oh, and if you could get the first report in before the 7th of august, that would be great.

Mojo-jojo; you still wanna be a battle reporter (since you didn't reply to my pm)? The same for you as for silas; we want painted armies, interesting battles and good reports (and pics if possible). And a first report by august 7th would be great.

And btw; we do want battle reports with at least one dark elf army!
Silas
the Mad

Post by Silas »

The point with the campaign was that it wasnt warhammer...it is Inquisitor.

Pics is easy...painted armies is a bit harder...and 7th of August is harder still! Thats next week!

I can but try though. I'll see what i can do...
Z'gahn
The Touch of Death

Post by Z'gahn »

Okay, please try, but if you can't do it, you can't do it (I can imagine how hard it is to get it finished in a week).
In the mean time I'll add you to the group; go to the reporters forum under initiative forums to post your report.

Oh, AoS, you're added too (didn't remember if I aleady told you).
Demonyak
Warrior

Post by Demonyak »

Feel free to lift Thee Dyarys of Soceress Vikea if you like them. They are part of a campaign, and so I won't really be able to fight on demand. It is a 500pt border patrol campaign being help in the Oford St GW store in london.

<Edit> Bah. Re read thread. Hope you enjoy them anyway.
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you.
Loran
Destroyer of Worlds
Location: Finland, the country people always think has penguins and polar bears walking in the streets...

Post by Loran »

I can do battle reports.

Only if I can find any opponents with painted armies. :P That's pretty much the only problem. People around here usually have armies that are assembled, possibly undercoated, but that's it then :?

I'll see what I can do...

-Loran
Last edited by Loran on Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<+Hyarion> "Loran may cause addiction to mindless online games"

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Sexy druchii
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sexy druchii »

My final report is under-way. 2-3 days, that is IF fencing doesnt get in the way.
Mdk
Slave on the Altar

Post by Mdk »

Make sure you have enough proper pictures and graphix to simulate the movements etc. Maybe you can look at the battle rep. of Kala in the November Monthly. Thats a great example of how you should create a clear battle rep. with lots of nice pictures.
MDK
You’re a wreck, an accident.
Forget the freak, your just nature.
Keep the gun oiled, and the temple cleaned shiz
snort, and blaspheme, let the heads cool, and the
engine run. Because in the end, everything we do,
is just everything we’ve done.
Z'gahn
The Touch of Death

Post by Z'gahn »

tho it isn't a disaster i you aren't able to create diagrams. (a program to make those with is under construction, btw.)
Lestat
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Lestat »

If you want it. I'm due at some stage this week. (As soon as work allows) to start writing up a couple of battle reps.
I will admit the ones I've got in mind are mainly with me using woodies (like I normally do to be honest) but their are a couple of ones including druchii as well.
I was suggested a while back by a couple of people I should write for the monthly, but its been a while since I've done anything. If anyone is interested. Just give me a shout.

Lestat.
Your just jealous, that the voices arn't talking to you.