Should the ranks be removed?

Throw your ideas for Druchii.net around in here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Should the ranks be removed?

Total votes: 0

Leithel and odd
My own worst enemy

Post by Leithel and odd »

|Seraphon| wrote:but people are spamming to get a higher rank. If we drop it there would be less spamming. But i do like the ranks, so just keep them

Quite possibly the best thing about this site is the fact that the mods are active, very active and spamming posts are deleted almost before the reach the board. A deleted post doesn't count towards your total.

But perhaps a better solution is to remove the Non Druchii and Humor forums from the post count (which is where all the spam is) so that if you don't post in the actual Druchii discussion your posts don't increase.

Not sure if this is possible, but that's what I'd like to see.
Then, upon the velvet sinking, I betook myself to linking
Fancy unto fancy, thinking what this ominous bird of yore --
What this grim, ungainly, ghastly, gaunt and ominous bird of yore
Meant in croaking "Nevermore."

E. A. Poe
Tayrod
Spawn of Slaanesh
Location: Over the hills and far away (ie: In Norway somewhere)

Post by Tayrod »

Aldo my rank sux at the moment (just joined) I dont want the ranks to go avay, that would be dull
And the kneecaps connected to the ... *&¤%#% ... oh darn
Eeeeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Eeeeron »

Leithel wrote:Quite possibly the best thing about this site is the fact that the mods are active, very active and spamming posts are deleted almost before the reach the board. A deleted post doesn't count towards your total.

But perhaps a better solution is to remove the Non Druchii and Humor forums from the post count (which is where all the spam is) so that if you don't post in the actual Druchii discussion your posts don't increase.

Not sure if this is possible, but that's what I'd like to see.

That sounds like a sensible idea.

I think the ranks are useful as they add character and give an idea of how active other members are. Also you tend to trust people with higher rankings more for answers, more experienced.
Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Bring on the dancing squirrels!

Consolecommunity.com - For all your gaming chat and meet-ups
Arickrol
Dark Rider

Post by Arickrol »

I feel that the ranks need to remain. I can understand the view that people will just post random stuff to increase their rank but has already been stated, the mods and admins work tirelessly to ensure that crap posts are removed. Please keep in mind (and I believe it has already been said) that deleted posts do not increase one's rank.

Also, I disagree that the Non-Druchii Discussion posts should be exempt from counting towards one's rank. By doing that you effectively kill that area as many people who post there (I feel) are not true Druchii players yet enjoy the great forum that exists here to connect with other Warhammer players. While the mission goal of Druchii needs to remain in fostering the knowledge and proliferation of the Druchii and discussion concerning them it is insane to leave out all who don't play them. I am one of those many people who do not play Dark Elves. I play several other armies and although I have my own up and coming non-army specific Warhammer forum I enjoy posting here on that sort of stuff as well. I am sure others feel the same and by removing the ranks (a reward so to speak for being active and posting interesting stuff) you will drive away people as effectively as if you held a gun to their head and told them to leave or you'd pull the trigger.

As an aside, I didn't realize I was a Shade. :)
Chromiates Warhammer Forum...yes we protested GW's new online policy.
Lord happyslave
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: Supporting for Kim Clijsters, world's best tennisplayster

Post by Lord happyslave »

I dunno anymore, 'course they're fun and lot, but I've got the feeling you're less appreciated (at meast by some mebers) if your post number isn't high enough.
I didn't post on this site for 2 or 3 months (YES, when it was STILL online) and now even the ppl I never knew have become special ones or 500+ posters.
Says a lot about the quality of the posts...

Look I'm a black Guard and I don't mind it, but I think the "ranking" system obligates pll to post each and every day to remain in the running of to be known.
Then the logical consequence is spamming or crap posts.

This is mine opninion, now plz give yar reactions onto it!
Salvation will arrive

on the second of februari

The release of Halo 2
Gillies
Warrior

Post by Gillies »

no, they should stay, adds character and if someone has a high rank you can *probably* trust their opinion on different things
Anaryin
Lord of the 7th Convent

Post by Anaryin »

IMO, ranks add personality to this site. it may encourage trolls but here I dont see it really. as for the "special ones" they are for mods, as Imdat said, a funny thing.

I guess they are not that important in terms of value or appreciation, i mean, today one user registered and he said this "HI, i've been playing DE for 11 years!". still he is a slave on the altar and I have a special rank. but i play DE for 3 months.... my advice.. hear more his words than mine :) for what counts is the experience, not the number of posts. cya [[[]]]]
Poisonblade
Beastmaster

Post by Poisonblade »

I already voted "no" on this thread. But as druchii.net has grown, so has the amount of crap posts. I can't stand people repeating themselves, or asking a question that is answered on another thread. Here is the thread that changed my mind:

http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t= ... d28ae7d816

I started it to try and settle all the idiots that keep saying Shadowblade will beat Eltharion (or vice-versa) but providing no statistical data, or not rolling it out, or not even knowing their rules!

Almost all of the replies are asking or answering questions that are on at least 3 other threads. I am not mad at the people who answer the questions, I am mad at the ones who ask them.

Also, ArmlessFred is pissing me off. He has posted a lot and most of his posts add nothing at all.

I obviously don't care about my rank, I only say something if I feel I add something to a thread. But I think far too many people seem preoccupied with it.

I wanted to be a Black Guard, and ironically, with this post saying that I don't want the rank system anymore, I become one :lol:

I still don't really care that much, but this site has really gone down hill. A lot of worthless posts are being made.

Maybe if their was an "elite" forum or something. But that would be hard to decide who joins. Maybe do it by how long someone has been a member? I just pulled this idea out of my ass, but I like it a lot. I hope you consider it.

thanks for reading this long rant/vent.
Hate is my weapon.
Eeeeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Eeeeron »

Happyslave wrote:Look I'm a black Guard and I don't mind it, but I think the "ranking" system obligates pll to post each and every day to remain in the running of to be known.
Then the logical consequence is spamming or crap posts.

I don't think the rankings obligate people to post every day it just means that it is easier to spot the regulars.
Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Bring on the dancing squirrels!

Consolecommunity.com - For all your gaming chat and meet-ups
Nyat
Corsair
Location: In USA and that doesn't mean I support George's actions because I dont, I do love Bushisms though :P

Post by Nyat »

I love the titles, Im a corsair now, and I cant wait until I go up another rank :mrgreen:
http://www.kingsofchaos.com/recruit.php?uniqid=tn4h59x6

click if you feel like helping me in Kings of chaos or have nothing better to do
Drasanil
Dru Perim

Post by Drasanil »

I think we should keep the ranks they are cool and make the site very druchii like back stabbing, aloofness, arrogance, and all that lot !lol! . It gives the site more character, plus I just got my snazzy custom title not to long ago and I'd like to keep it :mrgreen:
The truth behind the Sundering:
Rork wrote:High Elf: "I'm not fat!"
Dark Elf: "Of course you're not, dear. You've just grown lazy and indolent and wrecked the inheritance for our children!"
High Elf: "I want a divorce."
Jargobae
Terror of the South

Post by Jargobae »

Decheran
Evil Henchman

Asmodeus
Malekith's Personal Guard

Anaryin
The Gatherer of Souls

Vorchild
Master of the Red Legion

The Jealous God

Dekhalan
Lord of the Watchtowers

Sneaky
Daemon Prince

Sureal
Master of the Shadows

adreal_the_immaculate
The Aspect of Modern Death

Lord Thalack
Site Admin

dungeon_god
Malekith's Best Friend

Dark Alliance
Destroyer of the Damned

Injektilo
High Chief Lord Mod of Funnyness

Auric Stormcloud
The Black Serpent

Endian
Grand Master of the Black Guard

This about sums up my opinion. To all mods who voted no to the poll. You have no right to voice an opinion on the matter(sorry if that offends people but it is just how i feel)
Last edited by Jargobae on Sat Apr 19, 2003 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Do you hate Malekith?

Are you interested in seeing the overthrow of his incompetence to be replaced by a system capable of taking Ulthuan back??

Join the spirit of Lakulei today - PM me now!
Lord ark'arn
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Lord ark'arn »

how many posts do you have to do before u get ur own???
The Council of Lakulei is coming.
We will call out to you and when we do, we shall make the Druchii race thrive once again.
The Council of Lakulei will rule over Naggaroth.
I will be there: Lord Ark’arn, High General commanding the Spirit of Lakulei
Poisonblade
Beastmaster

Post by Poisonblade »

1000, or become a mod.
Hate is my weapon.
Jabberwocky
Noble

Post by Jabberwocky »

Keep the ranks
Heno
Assassin

Post by Heno »

Ranks are nice. But could this be possible: when someone become for example executioner, he could stop ranking up and be executioner, no matter how much he posts? But if he changes his mind, he can start ranking up again, if wishes so.
What should I write here?
Auric stormcloud
The Black Serpent

Post by Auric stormcloud »

Well, that would certainly be nice, but it's quite hard to do. I'm really not sure how Kitrik would do that, even if it is do-able...
Poo-tee-weet?
Purple whisper
Noble

Post by Purple whisper »

I think the ranks should stay. Theý are fun, and they work. (Research has indicated that this kind of thing really increases participation.)

The ranks have their disadvantages, but the mods should be able to identify any spammer.
Seraphlaw
Druchii Archangel

Post by Seraphlaw »

the ranks give us individuality as well as the spur to commit posts which help others...
Seraphlaw

"HA! What damage can a DRUCHII do?" - Famous Last Words
Iyagd
Master Of Mirrors

Post by Iyagd »

Keep the ranks, they are very cool, characterful and restores memory of our homeland Naggaroth
Druchii Discussion moderator.
Kitrik
Fearless Leader of the "Cult of Kitrik"

Post by Kitrik »

man - this one just keeps getting ressurected doesn't it!?! lol! Let's stop this one... I think we all know that the ranks are not going anywhere!

Kitrik