1000pts Witchhunter Army List...

All aspects of Warhammer 40K, from general discussion through to army lists, tactics etc etc.

Moderators: Drainial, The Dread Knights

Seanzala
Death Jester

1000pts Witchhunter Army List...

Post by Seanzala »

Hey Guys,

It must be the new year, but I have had sudden urges to collect new armies. First it was Dwarfs, now this. I have put together a 1000pt list that I think would be quite effective. Tell me what you think...

Canoness w/
Plasma Pistol
Power Weapon
Book of Saint Lucius
Sarissa
Master Crafted Weapon
Cloak of Saint Aspira
Rosarius

5x Celestian Bodyguard w/
Sister Superior
Sister Superior has
Bolt Pistol &CC Weapon 205pts

11x Battle Sisters w/
Flamer
Storm Bolter
Veteran Sister Superior
Vet Sis Superior has
Bolt Pistol & CC Weapon 146pts

11x Battle Sisters w/
Flamer
Storm Bolter
Veteran Sister Superior
Vet Sis Superior has

11x Battle Sisters w/
Flamer
Storm Bolter
Veteran Sister Superior
Vet Sis Superior has

7x Seraphim
2 w/ 2 Inferno Pistols
Veteran Sister Superior w/
Bolt Pistol & CC Weapon 195pts

Exorcist w/
Pintle Mounted Storm Bolter
Holy Icon
Extra Armour 160pts

TOTAL: 998pts

Starting Faith: 7
Models in Army: 47

Points spent on:

HQ: 205 = 20%
Elite: 0 = 0%
Troops: 438 = 43%
Fast Att: 195 = 19%
Hvy Sup:160 = 16%

I want to use this list competitively in small tournament, so, tell me how you think it would fair and how I could improve it. I also think this army would look good and be nice to paint.

Thanks in anticipation

Sean
Z-man the hunter
Trainee Warrior

Post by Z-man the hunter »

I don't know much about witch hunters (being a GK and BT player) but it seems to work but you have a lack of anti armor weapons, depending on the stats on inferno pistols,
so beware enemy tanks and armor

but then again thats my opinion because I've always been deficent in my anti armor weapons
the high elves wont be so high when i'm done with them
Daemonic aura
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daemonic aura »

Definitely. Can you not get any retributors in there? I would try and drop a unit of battle sisters for a unit of these. You will suffer with only an excorcist in there. Imagine if you were to play iron warriors!
to be the man, you've got to beat the man.
Seanzala
Death Jester

Post by Seanzala »

How about changing the Storm Bolters on the units to meltaguns. I know they are only short range but they can rip tanks apart when they reach them. Also, my exorcist can provide long range support.

Sean
Daemonic aura
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daemonic aura »

I know the exorcist can provide long range fire support; but most armies take a lot of anti-tank weapons. As it is your only tank, i wouldn't even expect to be able to get a shot off with it. It may not be destroyed, but will almost definitely be stunned or shaken and this is as bad.

Meltaguns are nice, but you really need to be mounted in a rhino for them to be effective.
Alkkrision
Daemon Prince

Post by Alkkrision »

My Carnifex got blown apart by an Exorcist today, believe me, they're horrifying contraptions and well worth what you pay for them.

The list isn't too bad actually, but can I recommend Flamers on the Seraphims?? They're great for dealing with the Horde armies out there, and then when they assault they can finish them off.

Also as Daemonic Aura said, the Retributors are always fun. Good for purposes such as tank hunting, but as infantry killers, they work as well. I'd recommend sticking to something like 4 Multi-Meltas, or 4 Heavy Bolters though.
Daemonic aura
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daemonic aura »

I would go for 4 multi-meltas, so that if the excorcist does get destroyed (i have played for far too long against iron warriors and tau !smile!), you still have another option open to you when it comes to vehicle hunting.
Seanzala
Death Jester

Post by Seanzala »

I have been playing around in army builder with a retributor squad, but can't seem to work out what to take out. Could you guys recommend something. Even taking out one squad of sisters is still less than I need. All I ask is that they have a Vet. Sis Supereior as I want to keep the same faith as I have now.

Sean