Plastic daemonettes - Finished!

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Lordsaradain
Malekith's Best Friend

Plastic daemonettes - Finished!

Post by Lordsaradain »

I got hold of a cheap box of dryads and after some thinking ( http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=42141 ) I decided to turn them into daemonettes. I've increased the boob and bum size as well as sculpted hair.

Here are some WIP pics(please ignore the fact that some are painted green, they were that way when I bought them):

front:
http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/9703 ... es36go.jpg
http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/4350 ... es12wu.jpg
http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/7289 ... es22vu.jpg

back:
http://img486.imageshack.us/img486/3257 ... s3b2fs.jpg
http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/688/ ... s1b5md.jpg
http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/6163 ... s2b8nn.jpg

What do you think?

Edit - Finished pictures now avaliable... Scroll down this page! :D
Last edited by Lordsaradain on Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Click here to find out how to convert cooler and cheaper models!
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
Fr0
Trademaster

Post by Fr0 »

So, you gave Drynads breast implants and surgery on their butts? :lol:

Yeah, they look cool. I've heard a lot of people that had the same idea, but hadn't seen them until now. I think they require a lot of convering to look a little more "materialized" and not so woody, but a lot of that might come from painting.

Nice work so far, can you please keep this thread updated? I really wanna see how you make out with them.. er, I want to see the finished results! ;)

Fr0
Seanzala
Death Jester

Post by Seanzala »

Hmm, looking good but IMO, they still look too much like trees. I think it's mostly the texture of the wood. You could try filling it in and sculpting some cloth.

Sean
Mornedhel
Cabal without a cause

Post by Mornedhel »

I don´t think they look anywhere close to daemonettes, sorry.

They are a good way to represent the "female" aspect of dryads, like they had just changed back into their wood-shape after seducing some humans in their female shape.

But daemonettes imo should look like they do in the artwork and the actual models, ie they should resemble humans/elves plus some kinda kinky oddities and some cruelty mixed in. I´m sure there are ways to convert daemonettes from other minis, but not from the plastic dryads.
It´s nice to be important, but it´s more important to be nice.
Eltraianast
Dark Rider

Post by Eltraianast »

well well well.. If you are playing beast. Those are god slaanesh beasts or deamonetts to a beast army. But I would not use those as deamonettes in a deamon/mortal army.
Losing against High Elves makes me hate the even more, and so: I should get more rerolls :) :) :)
Mdk
Slave on the Altar

Post by Mdk »

I think, if you paint them really slaaneshii, grey, pink-ish, bleu with a lot of contrast in their faces you can get a great unit. I would give 'm some pointy handweapons aswell, just to show their "evilness". Nice conversions. Cant wait to see 'm painted.
gr. MDK.
You’re a wreck, an accident.
Forget the freak, your just nature.
Keep the gun oiled, and the temple cleaned shiz
snort, and blaspheme, let the heads cool, and the
engine run. Because in the end, everything we do,
is just everything we’ve done.
Lordsaradain
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lordsaradain »

I've begun painting 'em today. I'll post some wip pics when i get home from school. They look pretty good actually.
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
Lordsaradain
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lordsaradain »

(\__/)
(O.o )
Thalurial
Trainee Warrior

Post by Thalurial »

With this colours, they look in my eyes more like horrors then demonettes.
Seducing Medusa-Horrors, but still horrors ;)
Rules are best for endless discussions.
The liger
Malekith's Pet Cat

Post by The liger »

I think they're ok. I agree that they're not particularly the most elegant and alluring beings capable of slaanesh, but they certainly convey the point of killer woman-beast-daemons! Although I personally would have gone for horrors, they look pretty good after the colour scheme, so I think it's quite good, and ok for a plastic Daemonette substitute.
"Purrrrr...."

Venkh wrote:I wish i had been told about the "A-Team effect" that druchii experience with their shooting.

i.e. move into position, huge ammounts of shooting, nobody gets killed.
Lakesh the anointed
Trainee Warrior
Location: A temple dedicated to Slaanesh. "Worshiping" with the Devoted.

Post by Lakesh the anointed »

Just for kicks, if you've got a spare figure, paint one up the same way as the others, but shave off some of the spikey branches that are on the head and arms, and without the "enhancements." And if you would post a side-by-side pick of the two. I think they would look a little better modified as such. Any way, daemonettes don't have to be the kind of drop dead sexy supermodels that I think most think they would be. They've got big claws for hands for one, thats not going to be to enjoyable imo :shock:! They suduce you more by wispering to soul's deepest and darkest desires, not be being merely, phyiscally stunning. So, don't be concerned with what others say about them looking like Horrors.

What you gonna do with all that junk?
All that junk, inside your trunk?

Sorry, I just had to do it. !lol!
The enemy of my enemy is not my friend.

(\_/) Bunny must be stopped!
(X.x )-->
(> <)
Savonarola
Highborn

Post by Savonarola »

Well done, I find this very inspirational. As I already use the original demonettes as harpies (different base size), I even might to copy your project for my CoS force. Very interesting indeed, I did not even know these plastic models exist.
We hate what you hate. And we hate you. With eternal hatred!
Deathwing
Cold One Knight

Post by Deathwing »

I like the idea, and imho the models are ok! funny to see our dryads painted this way...
Cat-the-odd
Beastmaster

Post by Cat-the-odd »

I like this idea, it is great!
But I think, your models are still looking like dryads. There are too many branches left and on the arms and legs you have these woodelven spirals, that don't fit into the slaanesh theme.
Painting the bases, too might give the models a more complete view.
../¨¨¨|
.|ô/ô 9..Real sportsmen hunt with arrows and fish with flies.
.~~ /|...Real gentlemen play games which require skill, not tools.
.|__/\...Extraordinary gentlemen even win with them.
.[>o<]...Welcome to the League of Extraordinary Druchii Gentlemen
Fr0
Trademaster

Post by Fr0 »

I think they still need a layer of skin to look more like Daemonettes. I like the paint scheme so far, but needs to look more fleshy and materialized like.

Fr0
Lordsaradain
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lordsaradain »

Savonarola wrote:Well done, I find this very inspirational. As I already use the original demonettes as harpies (different base size), I even might to copy your project for my CoS force. Very interesting indeed, I did not even know these plastic models exist.

Feel free to. Someone copying me is the best feedback that there is!

Cat-the-Odd wrote:I like this idea, it is great!
But I think, your models are still looking like dryads. There are too many branches left and on the arms and legs you have these woodelven spirals, that don't fit into the slaanesh theme.
Painting the bases, too might give the models a more complete view.

Actually, I thought the wooe-elven spirals looked rather good as slaneshi tatoos. The branches have also been kept on purpose, they represent random horns/spines/claws poking out, they are demons after all, and even GW's daemonettes have spines poking out of their knees. My daemonettes have a more feral 'beauty'.
(\__/)
(O.o )
Thalurial
Trainee Warrior

Post by Thalurial »

Yes, they look like good daemonettes, but still I think, they would be better horrors ;)
Beside this, daemons may have every shape. I think, there is somewhere a sentence about this in the army book or the BRB.
The spiral... well... perhaps to tease the woodies or to seduce them?
The converting and painting is well made and they fit with the barbarians.

Umm... why not to try to convert them even as Khorne or Nurgle Daemons? Have to hold this in mind :)
Haplo
Highborn

Post by Haplo »

As a side note I think you should paint your bases up! It adds alot to the model!
Lordsaradain
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lordsaradain »

Thalurial wrote:Umm... why not to try to convert them even as Khorne or Nurgle Daemons? Have to hold this in mind :)

I could imagine converting them into plague beares using alot of GS and bitz, but no way can Imake them look like bloodletters, that is going to far! :D How would you do it?
If I desperatly wanted blastic bloodletters I'd proably go wild with an orc box instead... :idea:

Fr0 wrote:I think they still need a layer of skin to look more like Daemonettes. I like the paint scheme so far, but needs to look more fleshy and materialized like.

Fr0

Good point. How would I acheive this? Any suggestions?
(\__/)
(O.o )
Thalurial
Trainee Warrior

Post by Thalurial »

I have a lot of different great axes and double handed swords from different armies (for example dwarfs and orks).
This blades could be melted with the arms.
Most branches need to be cut off and with GS and armour-pieces need to be made a breastplate or something similar. Alternative the armour could be pieces of thick bark.
Souch bloodletters may fit with beastmen. Raised by the shamans magic from abandoned or desevrated place.

Problem is, I have not money and time at the moment, therefore I need to hold it in mind. But no problem, if someone else tries this converseion ;)
Fr0
Trademaster

Post by Fr0 »

LordSaradain wrote:
Fr0 wrote:I think they still need a layer of skin to look more like Daemonettes. I like the paint scheme so far, but needs to look more fleshy and materialized like.

Good point. How would I acheive this? Any suggestions?

Perhaps another layer of skin, just paint another layer on. Right now it appears to have been drybrushed. I would suggest one sample model and see how it works out.

Fr0
Vallorn deathblade
Noble

Post by Vallorn deathblade »

im realy sorry to say this but those look very litle like daemonetes :( (forgot how to spell it) they do look as someone stated earlier as dryads just finishing changing into thier war aspect... :idea: buuut maybe if you snipped of some (not all) of the spikes then if you filled in some of the woody knots in them with green stuff so it looked like smooth(ish) skin then i think that they would look far better. i hope that these ideas help you to creat better conversions but you have the imagination there anyway.
Belial. wrote:Fighting Eldacar over fluff is like fighting Socrates over philosophy...

Alkkrision wrote:-Alkkrision: Druchii.net's own source of bad ideas :).
Seanzala
Death Jester

Post by Seanzala »

Umm, this is often called threadomancy Vallorn. This thread was long dead; almost 7 months. PLease refrain from doing this again.

Sean