The Hall of Fame + Unit Tutorial Section

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Gnosis
Hard, but Fair

The Hall of Fame + Unit Tutorial Section

Post by Gnosis »

As set into motion by our trusty poster Daeron, here is a new initiative meant to help you guys paint your Dark Elf force to a good standard. Whereas our Official Painting Guide covers the basics of painting techniques, this sticky shows how to put those techniques to good use on each model in the Dark Elf miniatures range. Furthermore, you might be inspired by a particular colour scheme, or there might be a masterful model featured here that makes you try a little harder next time. As the age-old artisan's saying goes: "To become a master, one must first copy a master".

There's just me and MDK who can edit this thread, guys. Therefore, we would like you to contribute to this thread. Do you remember a good discussion on particular models? A wonderful picture? A helpful step-by-step article? An entertaining model blog? Then by all means, PM me with a link, and I will place it here. Please try not to PM me with a link already placed here; I'm busy enough as is. Another condition is that it must be a painted model; not an unpainted conversion, no matter how fantastic it is. And, in case it wasn't clear: Only Dark Elf models!

Here goes:

Highborn and Nobles
The venerable thread, contributed to by many members

High Sorceresses and Sorceresses

Beastmasters and Assassins

Warriors
How-to on effective warriors by Naggarond

Corsairs

Dark Riders

Shades
Shade Test Model by Arcturus

Cold One Knights

Cold One Chariots

Harpies
Converted Harpies by kendoka

Witch Elves
GeOrc increasing his own level

Executioners
Monochromatic Executioners by Kate & her studio

Reaper Bolt Throwers

Black Guard

Hydras

Cauldrons of Blood
Oldschool Cauldron of Blood by Sigur
Last edited by Gnosis on Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Count them:

Painted in 2013: 500
Painted in 2014: 600
Painted in 2015: 854
L1qw1d
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by L1qw1d »

there was actually a hydra I was looking for and have NO clue where to find. It had a full conversion breakdown of how the guy had cut the "rearing hydra" and green stuffed it into a much more aggressive charging model. NO clue here to find it.
Oderint dum Metuant.
xFallenx
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by xFallenx »

This is a great idea. I just wish I could have seen the wich elf one before I finished mine.
At least I have unpainted exec's and COK's to work with. Has anyone done one for COK's that you know of?
Oct 2013-Current: 3-2-0