2250k Druchii army list

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

2250k Druchii army list

Post by Kinslayer »

I wasnt getting any replies on warseer so i have come over here with my 2 army lists:

Ok this army is based around mobility, multiple small units of shooters and hard hitters, backed up by a good amount of dark magic users and a noble. If 2250pts seems strange to you then most people i have played around here play 2000/2250 point armies so its fine where i am.

350 - HIGH SORCERESS lvl 4
biting blade, heartstone of darkness, wand of kharaidon

185 - SORCERESS lvl 2
hand weapon, darkstar cloak, seal of ghrond

170 - SORCERESS lvl 2
hand weapon, dispel scroll, tome of furion

136 - CHARIOTEER NOBLE
2 hand weapons, heavy armour, shield, sea dragon cloak, black amulet

194 - 2 CHARIOTS
spears

240 - 2x 10 WARRIORS
hand weapons, repeater crossbows, light armour, shields

200 - 2x 10 CORSAIRS
2 hand weapons, light armour, sea dragon cloaks

254 - 2x 5 DARK RIDERS
hand weapons, light armour, spears, repeater crossbows, musician

308 - 2x 5 COLD ONE KNIGHTS
hand weapon, lance, heavy armour, shields, musician

200 - 2 REAPER BOLT THROWERS

_________

HIGH SORCERESS
knows 4 spells, allows no armour saves, 4+ ward and bound doombolt power 4

SORCERESS
knows 2 spells, +1 dispel and power dice

SORCERESS
scroll and knows 3 spells

CHARIOTEER NOBLE
1+ save, or 2+ and +1 attack, with 1+ save against shooting plus 5+ ward which wounds oponent automatically if passed
Crawd
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: 2250k Druchii army list

Post by Crawd »

macejase wrote:350 - HIGH SORCERESS lvl 4

185 - SORCERESS lvl 2

170 - SORCERESS lvl 2

136 - CHARIOTEER NOBLE

For the L4, I would give the Wand of Kharaidon to a L2 and drop the biting blade, you'll be able to get the Darkstar Cloak with her. I think that you have enough magic defense to drop the Seal of Ghrond, I was doing fine against heavy magic with a L4 and a L2 with 2 dispel scrolls, so you should have enough for that.

For the Noble in chariot, I would drop the additionnal hand weapon and get an halberd or lance instead.

I think that overall the list is fine but my real interrogation is how well will go the magic phase with a L4 and 2 L2 on foot. I think the L4 should get a Dark Pegasus and at least 1 L2 (the one I would give the wand) with a Dark Steed. In this way, you'll be able to move around the unit preventing most charges and being in range for your spells and even get in very good position for deadly spells as drain life if you take the Death magic (which I prefer when I go magic with my Druchiis)

That's what I think, I know that some suggestions could makes you rethink some points allocations but that's what I think that will improve your list.
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

Welcome. What Crawd has said is the truth, also while your Noble is in the chariot he can't use two hand weapons. Halberd or lance for sure! The Biting Blade does allow armour saves, you're thinking of the Blade of Spite. And if you want more replies, do ask questions.

Layne.
Layne
Global Moderator. Everything but the weather.

Caveat Numptor.

Karonath - WS6 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Inventory: longspear, 2 short swords, glaive, winter gear, shade cloak,
Mount: Dark Steed (Shiny), talisman of kurnous
Gold: 2294
Skills: Ambidexterity, Controlled Frenzy, Basic Ride, Drukh Kaganth
Class: Khainite
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

ah yeah i meant -1 save not no save.

and ill keep working on the list takin on board what you have said then post it back up

keep the advice coming everyone cheers
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

Instead of the Biting Blade (which does nothing, unless she ends up in combat with ghosts or something ;)) and the 5pts you got left over, you could afford an Enchanted Shield for the Noble, which will do a lot more.

And, yeah, no two handweapons, but a lance (or maybe halberd) for him.

Bye
Thanee
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

he already has a 5+ ward save and this ones better seeing as he wounds automatically his foe when he passes it - so for every save he takes theres a 1/3 chance of wounding an enemy, great for a challenge and IMO worth the extra points to the enchanted shield
Pgp
Slave on the Altar

Re: 2250k Druchii army list

Post by Pgp »

Most of the things have been said already...

350 - HIGH SORCERESS lvl 4

Drop the biting blade. This char should never be in combat. I'd play with tome and steed (+HoD and WoK). Almost all the spells are always a plus (e.g. you have better possibilites to get the shadow 6 against treeman). With peggy it is little bit too juicy target for shooting. If you plan on taking the peggy let the noble be general for reduced victory points. With steed you can use better the wand as it has only 18" range. Place this to WR-unit

185 - SORCERESS lvl 2

I'd take scroll instead of SoG. you have enough dispel dices

170 - SORCERESS lvl 2

I'd take power stone instead of Tome (Tome to big mage).

136 - CHARIOTEER NOBLE

I'd take the heartstone to this char as it is the target to cannons (HS can manage with crown ward, if HS is on peggy, keep the HoD with HS). Definetly lance or halberd to this. You can't even use addhw when you are mounted. So you have to wait that the chariot is shot and then you can use the addhw. You might take three chariots with this char as a general in the middle chariot. Then you can throw all the chariots stupidity with ld9 when you are attacking. With steed and lance this would work much better.

200 - 2x 10 CORSAIRS
2 hand weapons, light armour, sea dragon cloaks

I don't understand these units. Why 2x10? They break almost instantly and panic to little shooting. Take execs, if you plan to play them this size. They at least can wound something and does not cost that mouch more. Using these in one unit with warbanner they can function much much better. I'd probably switch these to one 20+FC warrior block to get some static cr to list.
One option is to the warrior block with BSB (instead of chariot noble) with full armour+CO+SoM. Fear protected block is nice to have.

308 - 2x 5 COLD ONE KNIGHTS
hand weapon, lance, heavy armour, shields, musician

I might play one of these with the movement banner. But they are like this ok.

200 - 2 REAPER BOLT THROWERS

if you find points third rbt would not hurt.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

thanks PGP your a big help, i changed my mind about a lot of the list and made it 2000 points, where i built up my troops first then characters what was left in points so i didnt go overboard on characters, please review that list too :roll:
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

macejase wrote:he already has a 5+ ward save and this ones better seeing as he wounds automatically his foe when he passes it - so for every save he takes theres a 1/3 chance of wounding an enemy, great for a challenge and IMO worth the extra points to the enchanted shield

Ah, you are right. Missed that he already filled his magic item allowance.

Bye
Thanee