Khaineite and coldones

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Lac.desariel
Executioner

Khaineite and coldones

Post by Lac.desariel »

is there any thing Khaineite about Cold ones?

reason I ask is because I love the cold one knights and always have but want to do a khaineite list possibly for a torney finals

Here's what im thinking for a Torney based Khaineite list. I used Malus as he favors Khaine and what with the warpsword of khaine why not? views please

Hag Hellbrone 350

Malus Darkblade 275

Hag, BSB, Banner of Har Graef 150

Hag COB 200

Witch Elfs x10 100

Witch Elfs x10 100

Dark riders x5 85

Cold one Knights, F/C, Ring Hotec 200

Executioners x12, F/C 186

War Hydra 175

War Hydra 175

Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

I am convinced that one of the most powerful use for CoB is to have a khainite army (everyone becomes stubborn) except one single über unit. Exactly like your list, where you take advantage of Crone Hellebron to make it as purely Khainite as possible (WE as core troops). In your list, there remains two special slots, that could be considered for more execs, when you'll consider making 2,250-2,500pts list.

There are two candidates for über unit: CoK and BG, the only two units that can take 50pts banner and 25pts objects on champion. Execs are considered the best can-openers, WE are the best against hordes, BG being generally considered in-between, so you don't need them when you have Execs and WE. So CoK is the most likely candidate as über unit for Khainites. I see you are taking Malus for stupidity negation. You can consider Dread Banner or Standard of Slaughter.

What is the use for DR? Fast warmachine hunters? You have already the hydras that can do that. Did you consider harpies instead? Generally they are consider an excellent (and cheap) screen to avoid frenzied WE to see an charge in unwanted directions.

When you'll have played your list a couple fo times, I am interested to read your reports as your list is bound to become one of the Classic Army lists
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Riker666
Executioner

Post by Riker666 »

He still needs 3 core, maybe that's the reason behind dr and not harpies.
Javert
Beastmaster

Post by Javert »

In regards to Cold Ones being related to the Temple, I think that they do not have any particular relevance to the temple - but I don't think there's anything against putting them in a Khainite army.
"Ghost"

WS: 5
S: 2
T: 2
D: 5
I: 4

Skills: Basic Stealth, Stealth.
Inventory: Shade Cloak, Short Sword, Repeater Handbow, Legran's Token, Six Daggers, 65.5 Gold, Thieves' Tools, Wrist Blades.

Group 19 Moderator
Tigtoad
Hydra Lord

Post by Tigtoad »

Thats half your list in those characters... the part I really worry about though is, you are extremely vulnerable to any type of medium shooting.

Empire, Lizardmen, Dwarves, Elves, Wood elves... or even high magic with lots of magic missles.. you have a lot of 5-12 man units with low armor and some cold ones.
Yourmumrang
Noble

Post by Yourmumrang »

I love the idea of a list like this. Definately take the Cold Ones.
Dullmentalracket
Trainee Warrior

Post by Dullmentalracket »

doing a similar khaineite list too (no cold ones or mallus though) but hellebron in a unit of ASF blackguard. I know i will feel bad for taking this unit.
Moridin_nae'blis
Beastmaster

Post by Moridin_nae'blis »

riker666 wrote:He still needs 3 core, maybe that's the reason behind dr and not harpies.

Actually in the new book harpies are core instead of special so you'd be fine either way. I've never used harpies so i don't know how good they are or how to use em personally but everyone seems to have some good ideas for harpies
+++ Team Mulligans +++

I'm baaaaack!
Lac.desariel
Executioner

Post by Lac.desariel »

the thnking behind the DR was purely for the 3rd cord choice and war machine hunting, harpies i love em, but they dont count to the min core choice, been thinking on this and played a thrown together list of khaineites and witches will die as will executioners altho i 5+ save them first off, altho i never had cold one nights the mass off troops and lets be honest elves arnt slow, your in combat with hydras and mantis turn 2 then troops turn 3, and honestly if witches die does it matter they are naked chicks that bathe in blood, they are gonna die. if they shoot the mantis they dont shoot the witchs

my real issue is Hellebrone, she is the real paper tiger, she will hit you hard and kill any thing i can think off but she has a thong to save her and the manti

altho my executioners took a charge from some silver helms popped an Assasin with rune khaine, touch death and poison re roll 1's and he killed 3 knights i lose 1 exe then killed 2 more. assasins for 170 points are killing machines that let others charge you first,

lot of points but worth it

A note on Black Guard, would Hellebrone go to war with them or with executioners or witch elfs, unless ofc she is with manti
Last edited by Lac.desariel on Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moridin_nae'blis
Beastmaster

Post by Moridin_nae'blis »

well, unless i misread the new book (which is possible...it was like a dream xD) Harpies are core choices now. Some please correct me if I'm wrong though because it'll be good to know. I mean i'll find out when i get my book next week but even still.
+++ Team Mulligans +++

I'm baaaaack!
Riker666
Executioner

Post by Riker666 »

they don' t count as the minimum choices
Dullmentalracket
Trainee Warrior

im converting up a unit of witches with halbreds just to flesh out the khaine list, callign them Croneguard instead.. I also have a unit or two of witch looking dark riders (converted from the DE wyches on jetbikes). ASF hellebron is just too tempting to pass up :)
Lac.desariel
Executioner

Post by Lac.desariel »

Hag Hellbrone 350

Hag BSB, Banner of Hag Graef 150

Hag COB 200

Master, Hvy Armour, SDC, Shield, Ring Hotec 115

Assassin Extra hand Weapon, Rune of Khaine, Touch of Death 151

Warriors x 15, F/C 120

Witch Elfs x 15, F/C 175

Witch Elfs x 15, F/C 175

Executioners x15, F/C, 210

War Hydra 175

War Hydra 175

here's the thinking now, Hellebrone and BSB go with the executioners, giving a front of 6 and 2 rank bonus. they will strike first with hellebrones I9

the master in the ring bearer in the spears to stay behind the executioners and provive a bubble, witches cover flanks and hydras extreme flanks or fight a refused flank

Assasin will give vital charge protection to the spears or witches depending where i feel need before battle starts.
Mar-win
Highborn

Post by Mar-win »

Looks good, but now that you've got three core choices I'd like to see some harpies in there. It'd really help to have some mage/warmachine hunters in this list. I'd suggest to drop some which elves and possibly FC on those two units as well to get the points needed
RasputinII wrote:FANTASTIC!

I LOVE IT SOO MUCH I AM USING CAPS - AND I HATE CAPS!
Dullmentalracket
Trainee Warrior

Heres the list i have planned.

If youre going to take COK, i dont see why youd frown at blackguard

hellebron

11 black guard
cmd
asf
ring of hotek

cauldron

cauldron
bsb

12 witches
cmd
ap banner

10 witches

5 harpies

5 harpies

5 harpies

5 dark riders

12 exec
assassin
cmd
rune of khaine

hydra
Lac.desariel
Executioner

Post by Lac.desariel »

why 2 cauldrons? you can only put 1 effect on a unit at a time.

as to black guard i love em but was after a full khaineite list. altho i did think about BG in stead of spears
Lac.desariel
Executioner

Post by Lac.desariel »

Hag Hellbrone 350

Hag COB 200

Assassin Extra hand Weapon, Rune of Khaine, Touch of Death 151

Witch Elfs x 12 120

Witch Elfs x 12 120

Witch Elfs x 12 120

Harpies x 5 55

Harpies x 5 55

Executioners x 14, F/C 198

Black Guard x 14, Banner of hag Graef, Ring of Hotek 277

War Hydra 175

War Hydra 175

hows this look now?

my Black Guard would have to take center with the bubble, Executioners will have the assassin both units at 7 across and 1 rank, Hellebrone will join the Black guard altho once its found that the black guard have strike first and the ring executioners might not be targeted as fast, witch units are 6 across at 1 rank these are hassle units and point denial at 360 points for all 3 they can only gain, War hydras are the big killers other than the BG and Exe's leaving my hassle units of 2 units of harpies, and of corse the COB is the balance tipper with its blessings
Kargan daemonclaw
Highborn

Post by Kargan daemonclaw »

Can a khainite character join an non khainite unit (the BG)?

It doesn't work the other way round
Dullmentalracket
Trainee Warrior

yes they can

two cauldrons is iffy, but it has a lot of bonuses. Giving two of your units a 5+ save the first couple of turns is huge, as is +1 attack or killing blow on multiple targets. 4 attack witches in the front with 2a dark riders in the flank, all rerolling. Ouch.

plus it lets me spread out s bit on still keep a good amount of stubborn around for a flank.