morathi the frog killer(or telcis) using the darksword

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Wheatiess
Slave on the Altar

morathi the frog killer(or telcis) using the darksword

Post by Wheatiess »

i though it is worth mentioning in it own post(i couldnt find it said anywhere) that any one who is suicidal enough can kill a 2nd gen slann with one wounding hit from Morathi's darksword. the same applies for most carsters aswell as any character that one has one attack will be killed with one wounding hit.

dont have the book on me but dark sword drops St, Ws, T and A buy one for each wound and if any of them are reduced to zero the model is removed thus anyone with a one for any of these will be killed with one wounding hit

so if your facing a magic heavy army you have a mega mage hunter on a pegihorse that is also your caster

assassin is still a better mage hunter but i though this could annoy some people as it wouldnt be very expected. their fault if they ever leave such a juicy target in the open
Mr. anderson
Dark Illusionist

Post by Mr. anderson »

mega mage hunter on a pegihorse

The trouble is that a usual noble on pegasus does the same, but cheaper. Mages often have low fighting stats, hence a hero with lance and three atacks + hatred and a pegasus with another two hatred attacks should do the job just as well, without having to worry about Morathi ending up in combat.

As to slanns dying to one wound - Morathi is S3 (or maybe 4...) no matter which, she still has to get past T6 with her three attacks - and then most likely there is a ward save on the slann... and for the rest - after killing the Slann, what? Morathi will have to fight her way through a bunch of angry temple guards... not the best position for a model as fragile as her...

Most other characters with only one attack will be positioned in a unit which is more than capable of defending the mage against Morathi anyway.

It is a nasty surprise, but then - most opponents know that Morathi is almost as good in combat as a hero level fighter, and thus they won't leave anything in the open because whether it is dark sword or heartpiercer she has - whatever she charges will be dead anyway.

HUZZAH!
When I think of something witty, I shall put it here.
Milney
Beastmaster

Post by Milney »

Seeing as the Slaan isn't in the fighting rank, have fun getting to him.
"Give a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!"

W : D : L (7th Edition)
6 : 1 : 4
Mr. anderson
Dark Illusionist

Post by Mr. anderson »

Milney wrote:Seeing as the Slaan isn't in the fighting rank, have fun getting to him.

AFAIK you can always challenge him, like a dwarf on oath stone (correct me if I'm wrong).
EDIT - You can't :oops: sorry 'bout that...

HUZZAH!
Last edited by Mr. anderson on Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When I think of something witty, I shall put it here.
Crawd
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Crawd »

It's a nice idea.. however... Knowing that the Slann has T6 and a 4+ Ward, good luck wounding it with her S3. Pit of Shade is still the best way to kill a Slann.
Milney
Beastmaster

Post by Milney »

Slann are T5. And reading through the Palanquin special rules, nothing says that he can be targetted or challenged unless a model could otherwise (as the Palanquin in based in the 2nd rank and doesn't have to move forward unless there are less than 3 models in the front rank).
"Give a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!"

Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

Yep, when the Slann is in a unit of Temple Guard, not even Shadowblade can get to him, until the unit has been reduced far enough to create an opening to the center. ;)

You can always shoot him, though, since he is a large target, IIRC.

Bye
Thanee
Grez90
The Tamer of Sea Dragons

Post by Grez90 »

i'v already said this, and i did it better, as i said you give morathi the potion of strength so she is hitting and wounding on 3's, but you cannot challenge a slann until he is in first rank
Sulla
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sulla »

if you give morathi the dark sword, she needs the potion of strength and the focus familiar IMO, since she may get bogged down in combat.
Grez90
The Tamer of Sea Dragons

Post by Grez90 »

nah, potion and black staff.
you don't really want her in combat, but if she is, then potion offers a bit of fight. unless you are trying to charge a lone mage, in which case go for it.
and the black staff is a must on morathi, seeing as she knows 6 spells, then it is beast to maximize her magic and atleast be able to cast 4/5 of these spells well
Mostlyharmless
Noble

Post by Mostlyharmless »

blackstaff and death mask is my preferred method
Dies irae
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Dies irae »

Thanee wrote:Yep, when the Slann is in a unit of Temple Guard, not even Shadowblade can get to him, until the unit has been reduced far enough to create an opening to the center. ;)

Yes you can target him in the 2nd row, at least according to the German lizard-book
Milney
Beastmaster

Post by Milney »

Dies Irae wrote:
Thanee wrote:Yep, when the Slann is in a unit of Temple Guard, not even Shadowblade can get to him, until the unit has been reduced far enough to create an opening to the center. ;)

Yes you can target him in the 2nd row, at least according to the German lizard-book

Well I'm unsure of the German translation, but the English book has a phrase in its ruling that confuses many people into believing this - but it is referring to shooting/magic.

Faulkynn grom
Corsair

Post by Faulkynn grom »

I still say giver her the dagger, slit sulephet's throat turn 1 and then bounce into a unit of power dice, er, spearmen... Add death mask or PoS and yer laughing with a slann of yer own.

FG
Sidorio
Assassin

Post by Sidorio »

:twisted: nasty, but then killing a slann is always fun, i've always enjoyed a bit of sport.
Vash’nir - WS5 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: 2 asrai short swords, assassins dagger, silver dagger, modified repeater crossbow (20/20), hunting spear, Cloak of Dusk, full leather armour
Inventory: talisman of protection, talisman of night, smoke bombs x6, rope x2, healing balms x10, climbing axe x2, skinning knives, winter gear, Vikarh map, pouch of powder, 4 fire bombs
Mount: Dark Steed (Falken)
Gold: 2270
Skills: Stealth, Two Weapon Fighting, Basic Ride
Class: Shade
Sith
Shade

Post by Sith »

Faulkynn Grom wrote:I still say giver her the dagger, slit sulephet's throat turn 1 and then bounce into a unit of power dice, er, spearmen... Add death mask or PoS and yer laughing with a slann of yer own.

FG

I don't think it's possible to sacrifice a mount..is it?
This is serious work we do…
Grandmaster ej
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Grandmaster ej »

it is, it just dies, so in theory you could (if you were mad enough) sacrefice a dragon for one power die lol. although for morathi you would have to have an assassin nearby to steed her into said unit of spearmen to make sure she doesnt get shot while shes still alone.
Chuck Norris does not hunt because the word hunting infers the possability of failure. Chuck Norris goes killing.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

With the dagger, you could sacrifice a model from the unit you joined.
As far as I know, characters do not join their mounts.
So Sulephet is safe, Morathi has no way to use the dagger.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}