7th Edition Damage Charts.

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Zeth
Malekith's Personal Guard

7th Edition Damage Charts.

Post by Zeth »

Reading the Chart:
The italic number is how much a single model will do rounding to the nearest 100th.
The bold number is how much a 5 wide unit with champion (unless specified otherwise) will do rounding to the nearest 10th.
The Columns are the armor save value of the opposing unit.
The Rows are the toughness value of the opposing unit.
The +1A charts are when the unit type is effected by the +1A blessing from the cauldron
The KB charts are when the unit type is effected by the KB blessing from the cauldron
The MB charts are Witch Elf units that include a hag with manbane. Italic on these charts is number of wounds the hag herself does. Bold is the number of wounds a 5 wide unit including the manbane hag cause.

All of these charts include hatred, so are not accurate on subsequent rounds of combat unless the models are BG or your fighting against HE. (I may at some later point add subsequent rounds, if someone else wants to I'll gladly add them to this first post)
All of these charts assume your charging, so weapons that have charging bonuses like spears and lances are included.
All CO's and Dark Steed's are included in the calculations but I assumed their WS was ≤ the opponents. If your opponent is WS2 this chart is inaccurate.

Anytime your fighting a opposing troop type that can be KBed and has more then 1 wound, this chart will no be accurate as it does not factor in multiple wound opponents, it just factors in KB ignoring Armor Saves.

I want to find out how many wounds the rumored Execs will do against Empire Knights, I would use the WS > chart, go down to T3, and over to 1+.
Execs will do on average 2.6 wounds.

Black Guard:

CoK:

Dark Riders, w/o champ:

Executioners:

Hydra:

RxB Shots, 10 shots (5 models) w/o champ:

Shades, gw, 7 w/o champ:

Witch Elves:

Working on the rest of the units in the army.
Decker (or anyone) if you find the time to double check my math it would be appreciated.

Currently organizing the charts by unit type. Which I understand makes cross comparisons between the units harder, but makes the charts in general easier to read. Would people prefer I match up the units next to each other. I.E. Exec >, Witch >, BG >. Rather then Exec >, Exec ≤, Exec +1A like it is now.

Edits:
Fixed BG, Thanks dggrj
Charts now in alphabetical order according to unit name.
Last edited by Zeth on Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:33 am, edited 17 times in total.
Take all of my posts, when taking about balance, from a perspective of an all-comers list.
Dggrj

Post by Dggrj »

Thanks, Zeth!

Just a note - your BG +1A WS> column is the same as the BG WS> column - looks like you forgot to update it. The BG 1+ AS columns are all out of whack, too.
Linda Lobsta Defenda wrote:dggrj is correct
Woot! If it's only ever said once, I couldn't ask for a better person to say it.
Dirty trickster
Trainee Warrior

Post by Dirty trickster »

Brilliant work ! Thanks !!!
Zeth

Post by Zeth »

I need to add the manbane chart still, but besides that I was not planning on adding anything else. Anyone looking for a specific chart that I did not provide?
Take all of my posts, when taking about balance, from a perspective of an all-comers list.
Azrael_blackheart
Trainee Warrior

Post by Azrael_blackheart »

great help!
thank you
Never forget a reaper bolt thrower if you leave for battle!
Azrael_blackheart
Trainee Warrior

great help!
thank you
Azrael_blackheart
Trainee Warrior

great help!
thank you
Mordru
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mordru »

Nice stuff. Figures are in line with my obsevered game expereince over roughly ten games with the new list using shades, BG, CoK, DRs and some rxb fire. BG do very well most of the time and even manage to get some wounds done to Treekin and other such.

Thanks a lot.
To strive, to persevere, to conquer.