Is it really cheesy?

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Furiouscado
Malekith's Personal Guard

Is it really cheesy?

Post by Furiouscado »

So as some of you might have noticed... daemons and VC are... PRETTY GOOD. Even their balanced lists are phenomenal and when they get cheesy.. it rains cheddar.

I played against a couple of armies and granted, if there's a bad general that's one thing, but I can't find a way to beat these guys with my normal lists (one's that I've won tournaments with). Whether it be a Khorne army that just runs right at you and doesn't really care about anything else or a VC army with 15 PD in 2000 pts.

It's just really frustrated me to see how the only seriously competitive armies are one's that can't run away from anything, and while I'm not crying cheese YET.. I wanted to ask the opinion of my fellow druchii.net family to see if it's cheesy to bring historically "cheesy" armies to combat them.

I play Lizzies, but I've never played with a skink army of doom, for those of you who don't know... $h!t ton of skinks, slann, 3 priests, stegadons... lots of poison and magic. Now historically this has been considered a cheesy list, but it's cheesy with the right person playing it. It sill demands strategy and tactics, unlike a lot of the other cheesy armies out now.

What I want to know is do you consider it cheesy for me to bring this list (that i've never played with before) to combat OP armies. Or am I supposed to just suck it up and hope the dice gods give me a high-five because i consider myself a good general and it simply didn't matter against these armies.
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Considering I have about equal win/loss ration with VC and daemons, and my wins usually being on the massive side while losses are bordering on draws, I can't consider those armies as cheesy... But I agree they do have some combos (or even single models... Damn you Skulltaker!) that are rather over the average.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Grogsnotpowwabomba
The Aspect of Murder
The Aspect of Murder

Post by Grogsnotpowwabomba »

You unfortunately seem to play in a powergamer group. The only way to compete in this environment is to do the same, or just accept that you will fight an uphill battle...
3 bots slain in Khaine's name.
Furiouscado
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Furiouscado »

well no one in my club plays daemons ... yet... i've only played them in a tournament atmosphere. And they just re-rolled everything, had better movement, flesh hounds are better than any heavy cav for their price IMO.

VC is a different story. I play against them in my club and everyone always goes super magic heavy. Either that or it's a mounted VC lord with dreadlance and red fury (cheesiest combo in the game IMO).

What kind of daemons lists do you play against? and what army do you beat them with?
Overmind
Beastmaster

Post by Overmind »

I've played Daemons once...... it was a Nurgle based army and I beat it with my Tomb Kings....

Barely.

It came down to a few dice rolls(I hate when it does that), but The Ushabti managed to(perhaps by the will of the gods)turn his GUO into pulp......

I sadly cannot offer much beside the obvious tactical advice though.....

Can't say I thought it was cheesy just hard though.
Les yuex sans le vie
Les magots ont infesté cadaver
Montagne du crane
Quelque du chose mon favorite.....