2 Lists for tournaments throughout 2009.

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Enfant terrible
Cold One Knight

2 Lists for tournaments throughout 2009.

Post by Enfant terrible »

Hi,

So I'm currently involved in this new Tale of X Members ... (even if it aims for armies of 2000 points - I imagine my force finally will be 2250-2500 and thus eligible for most tournaments in the late 2009); as for now I'll leave at the minis at my disposal and thus I've created 2 very different lists (both have been playtested, although they both could use more varied opponents - I'll probably look into more playtesting after the XMAS-madness is over).

List A features a Manticore and two Hydras ... Boosted by the cauldron and backed up by a quite large unit of BG's (which incidently is my favourite unit) they'll be a match for most forces; BIGGEST problem: speed. This force is small, but I might be able to make up for this by harassing with Harpies + Manticore where needed?! Not much in terms of magic defence: Caddy, RoH and Null Talisman.
Both lists features the new Cookie cutter BSB - who is just awesome (Thx Dalamar, et.al).

Dreadlord, Manticore, SDCloak, Shield, Armour of Eternal Servitude, Deathpiercer, Ring of Hotek: 434

Master, Dark Steed, H.Armour, Shield, SDCloak, Pendant of Khaeleth, Sword of Might: 177.

Sorceress, 2 Dispel Scroll: 150.

Death Hag, Rune of Khaine, Cauldron of Blood: 225.
Characters: 986

10 Dark Elf Rep. Xbow, Shields: 110
10 Dark Elf Rep. Xbow: 100
5 Harpies: 55
Core: 485

17 Black Guard, FC, Standard of Hag Graef, Towermaster: Null Talisman, Biting Blade: 301
7 Shades ,GW: 126
Special: 427

Hydra: 175
Hydra: 175
Rare: 350

TOTAL: 2248.

List B is designed to be more allround - doesn't hit quite as hard, but can still dish it out. List lacks the Manti + one Hydra, but instead features two Reapers - which in turn should make up for the loss of hitting power. In my testgames I kept the Exexutioners close to the Cauldron - they actually was pretty darn cool (I don't own the models yet - and I'm not quite sure if I can find the will to purchase, assemble and paint them).

Dreadlord, SDCloak, Shield, Armour of Eternal Servitude, Null Talisman, Soul Render, Potion of Strength: 244

Master, Dark Steed, H.Armour, Shield, SDCloak, Pendant of Khaeleth, Sword of Might: 177.

Sorceress, 2 Dispel Scrolls: 150.

Death Hag, Rune of Khaine, Cauldron of Blood: 225.
Characters: 796

10 Dark Elf Rep. Xbow: 100
Core: 485

20 Black Guard, FC, Standard of Hag Graef, Towermaster: Ring of Hotek: 345
7 Shades, GW: 126
10 Har Ganeth Executioners (120)
Special: 591

1 Hydra: 175
2 Reapers: 200
Rare: 375

TOTAL: 2247.

C&C appreciated - thx.
"... Why so serious? ..."
Enfant terrible
Cold One Knight

Ahh ... don't know if it was obvious from the original post - that might just not have been the case - but I'm looking for opinions on choosing among the two lists (as an indication of what to paint for my new army) ...
Rivers
Slave on the Altar

Post by Rivers »

I would go with the first list, the lord with manticore can go hero hunting with all those KB strikes. though I'm a bit suspect about the biting blade (see if you can instead squeeze a null talisman instead somehow) but I like it otherwise.
Enfant terrible
Cold One Knight

Rivers wrote:I would go with the first list, the lord with manticore can go hero hunting with all those KB strikes. though I'm a bit suspect about the biting blade (see if you can instead squeeze a null talisman instead somehow) but I like it otherwise.

I also prefer the Manti-list (if not for anything else, then alone for being able to field a Manticore over a Dragon). I chose the Biting Blade (Along with a Null Talisman) so that I was able to hurt ethereal stuff as well ...
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

I like both lists actually. I can see them both working well, but both lists have a single element which lets them down imo.

List one - drop the second hydra, jiggle points in a way you feel comfortable with and put in 2 rbts. I have used 2 hydras myself and found that I feel a lot happier having 2 rbts to back up any list.

List two - personally I would swap the Exes for WEs. 10 Exes aren't gonna do much other than panic. The Witches should, in theory get where they are going. As for their unit strength though...lol
Marauder mitch2
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Marauder mitch2 »

And you go use the WE's like GAry used to in a long thin line. They are both lists, I find with double hydra you need to be very aggressive but with 1 you don't and the RBts can help you out.
DJ Dizzy Posted: Jul 1 2009, 08:13 PM

Horror

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,989

My daemon record is 2 wins and 12 losses... Yep, I suck at warhammer
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

Marauder Mitch2 wrote:And you go use the WE's like GAry used to in a long thin line.

My patented Witch Elf tactic :twisted:

That's the second time this week someone has remembered that list. Benji said the list we used Saturday was my CC list on crack! :lol:
Enfant terrible
Cold One Knight

I tried a modified version of List A today; really not that much jiggling around - replaced a Hydra for 2 Reapers (the points where found by removing a unit of Harpies, but added more models to the BG's: They are now at a respectable 18 models!!). It really is a versatile army - speed isn't that much of an issue and I don't seem to miss the Dark Riders (Thx to GT winner Charlie for that insight :lol: ).

I found the overall performance of the army wonderous! It could take on decent magic and outwitted a SDragon HE army. (Yes I had the day off from work ;) ).

Dreadlord , Manticore, SDCloak, Shield, Armour of Eternal Servitude, Deathpiercer, Ring of Hotek: 434

Master , Dark Steed, H.Armour, Shield, SDCloak, Pendant of Khaeleth, Sword of Might: 177.

Sorceress , 2 Dispel Scroll: 150.

Death Hag , Rune of Khaine, Cauldron of Blood: 225.
Characters: 986

10 Dark Elf Rep. Xbow , Shields: 110
10 Dark Elf Rep. Xbow , Shields: 110
10 Dark Elf Rep. Xbow : 100
5 Harpies : 55
5 Harpies : 55
Core: 430

18 Black Guard , FC, Standard of Hag Graef, Towermaster: Null Talisman, Biting Blade: 324
7 Shades ,GW: 126
Special: 453

Hydra : 175
2 Reapers: 200
Rare: 375

TOTAL: 2241.