please help me

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Darthgibbs
Slave on the Altar

please help me

Post by Darthgibbs »

Hi im new to de and i would like some help on my border patrol list

Border Patrol
Heroes
Master
h/a / shield / sea dragon cloak
Sword of might

Core
Warriors 15
Lordling / musician / s/b / shields /

Crossbow men 15
Guard master / musician / s/b / shields

Special
Witch elves 5
Hag / Musician / s/b / Cry of War

Last edited by Darthgibbs on Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
H.GIBBS
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

I edited out the specific points costs, it is against the site rules (and obviously against the copyright) to post specific points costs. So far we have pretty good relationship with Games Workshop and we'd love to keep it that way ;)

For your future lists please refrain from posting specific points costs, totals are fine.

Also, there's no need to post any basic equipment or special rules the units have. We all own (or at least should own) the Dark Elf army book so everyone can look the rules up in their own copy.

As for your list, it looks fine, although I'm not too sure about Border Patrol rules so can't really help in this regard.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Darthgibbs
Slave on the Altar

Post by Darthgibbs »

sorry about that
H.GIBBS
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

No harm done :) you're new to the website so just don't do that again ;)

And welcome to Druchii.net!
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Sulla
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: please help me

Post by Sulla »

darthgibbs wrote:Hi im new to de and i would like some help on my border patrol list

So; generic criticism... you army has very little hitting power, speed or survivability.

I don't know the rules for border patrol but I can tell you you will struggle to get the best out of 15 crossbowmen with full command. If played in 3 ranks, the rear ranks will almost never get to shoot and if deployed in 1 rank to shoot the unit is excessively wide.

Better IMHO to play 10 either with shields and any command you can afford as a multi purspose flanker/shooter, or with nothing but a musc as budget shooters..

The points you free up could be used to either buy a small unit of harpies to add manouverability or allow you to get some extra strength into the army with exies or something else.

Are you allowed mages in this level battle? Even a lvl1 sorc is quite powerful in this level of battle. What about cav or chariots? Mounting your hero on a chariot would add real punch to the army.
Sirius dragonbrood
Corsair

Post by Sirius dragonbrood »

first off, welcome to the site.

My fisrt suggestion, If you are doing a border patrol, you need some Dark Riders or shades, they are very border patrolly.

I'm wondering what your specific fluff is, from the look of your force to date, I'd suggest that it is the bodyguard/household guard of your master, who has some favour with the Temple, hence the witches.

it looks like you intend the rxbs as a combat block, and in this size, that's not surprising, and generally works as insurance. for that unit, i'd start with deployment front rank 10, 2nd 5, then reform if it looks like you'll be charged. remember, you'll rarely be charged before you refom, and if you have to, most times you will get a stand and shoot. with 20 bolts, thats nothing to sniff at.

others might disagree with me, but I'm not sure about the muso on the witches. at that size of unit, if they flee, they are probs already dead, and with 16 hate-filled poisoned attacks, you will rarely draw.

to expand, go for the DR. if you are into any converting, consider mixing the warriors box with wood elf glade guard. if you then buy two dark elf riders, you can quickly assemble 2x5 DR. The remaining WE torsos can then be put to use either making other warriors (lack of proper equipment suits the patrol idea) or do some filing on the rider cloaks to remove the quivers and make some plastic shades. the spears can be chopped off, or turned into GWeapons.

best of luck
Vote 1 Druchii!
Why vote for the lesser evil?
Darthgibbs
Slave on the Altar

Post by Darthgibbs »

thanks every on i forget to tell im on a £20 buget a mounth
H.GIBBS